Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp

classicrockr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2LT/RS HYper Blue Convertible Camaro
So the Performance Pack on the S550 isn't a true performance pack since it doesn't boost power?

Or the 1LE? Or the Z07 for the Z06?

Lol okay
Just said I wouldn't CALL it that name. Kinda like every manufacturer out there adds the word "Technology" in every product's commercial - it's deceptive advertising. Heck, even the DRIVER affects "performance", are the drivers called "Performance Packs"? nope.

Just name it like it was named "Heavy duty brake and cooling package". Those that track their cars will know to what level performance is affected.

Sponsored

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51
depends on what about means, but yeah 200 pounds sounds correct
Well that's just an inaccurate assumption. I'll use a little applied mathematics to demonstrate. Now we don't know the weight of the 6th gen, but GM is claiming it to be a bit less than the 5th gen. But for sh!ts and grins lets just use the 5th gen weight, since that would result as a conservative estimate for the 6th gen.

2015 Dodge Charger SRT 392 is 4,400 lbs (per CarandDriver)

2015 Camaro SS 1LE is 3,884 (again per CarandDriver)

4,400 - 3,884 = 516

516 =/= 200

2015 Mustang GT is 3,810 lbs (assuming this is with performance pack)

3,884 - 3,810 = 74

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Someone really needs to make one of those "Hitler Parody" videos involving the 6th Camaro...

It would help bring some life back in this thread. Also, GM revealing hard numbers would work...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Well that's just an inaccurate assumption. I'll use a little applied mathematics to demonstrate. Now we don't know the weight of the 6th gen, but GM is claiming it to be a bit less than the 5th gen. But for sh!ts and grins lets just use the 5th gen weight, since that would result as a conservative estimate for the 6th gen.

2015 Dodge Charger SRT 392 is 4,400 lbs (per CarandDriver)

2015 Camaro SS 1LE is 3,884 (again per CarandDriver)

4,400 - 3,884 = 516

516 =/= 200

2015 Mustang GT is 3,810 lbs (assuming this is with performance pack)

3,884 - 3,810 = 74
Why does the Mustang always need to have a Premium equipped and be loaded?

GTPP's are around 3740-3760lbs... I'm not sure why people obsessively option the car and then measure weight and MSRP.

A GT will need to be loaded to match the SS's weight and MSRP.

However, the SS still needs a lot of Performance equipment and the $$$ and weight will increase from here.

You guys AT&T getting a 3500lbs V6 and a 3700lbs SS...

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F

GTPP's are around 3740-3760lbs... I'm not sure why people obsessively option the car and then measure weight and MSRP.

However, the SS still needs a lot of Performance equipment and the $$$ and weight will increase from here.

I agree on your first point...the Premium trim with a billion options drives me nuts...and not just for the Mustang.

Especially when it comes to comparisons...if a magazine is going to do a TRUE max performance evaluation, they need to use the best trim/option(s) for the job. Didn't C&D also use a Premium for their Lightning Lap 2015?

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51

Well if you're comparing it to the premium level Camaro that seems to make sense, no?

That Car and Driver article of the Camaro SS 1LE has a "base price" of $38,000 and an as tested price of $41,880. If you go to the Chevy website the starting price of a 2SS is $38,300 the adder for the 1LE package is $3,500 making it $41,800. I'm comparing a fairly well optioned Camaro SS.

A 2SS has power adjustable driver and passenger seats, leather interior, heated front seats, Heads up display, MyLink (display screen, the optional NAV doesn't add weight it's just a program in MyLink), Premium 9 speaker Boston Acoustics speaker system and some more stuff. This is a pretty darn loaded Camaro.

Besides, my post was pointing out that a Charger and Camaro are not close to being the same weight. The Camaro and Mustang are closer in weight. FACT.

Sponsored

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
Well if you're comparing it to the premium level Camaro that seems to make sense, no?

That Car and Driver article of the Camaro SS 1LE has a "base price" of $38,000 and an as tested price of $41,880. If you go to the Chevy website the starting price of a 2SS is $38,300 the adder for the 1LE package is $3,500 making it $41,800. I'm comparing a fairly well optioned Camaro SS.

A 2SS has power adjustable driver and passenger seats, leather interior, heated front seats, Heads up display, MyLink (display screen, the optional NAV doesn't add weight it's just a program in MyLink), Premium 9 speaker Boston Acoustics speaker system and some more stuff. This is a pretty darn loaded Camaro.

Besides, my post was pointing out that a Charger and Camaro are not close to being the same weight. The Camaro and Mustang are closer in weight. FACT.
I could be wrong, but I believe thats the same camaro used in the MT article right? Even though the recaro's look like they're partial leather, the back seats are cloth. Wouldnt that mean 1SS?

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51
I could be wrong, but I believe thats the same camaro used in the MT article right? Even though the recaro's look like they're partial leather, the back seats are cloth. Wouldnt that mean 1SS?
I have no idea if it was used in MotorTrend. No way to know for certain. But 2SS comes standard with leather interior. The Recaros are a further upgrade.

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
I have no idea if it was used in MotorTrend. No way to know for certain. But 2SS comes standard with leather interior. The Recaros are a further upgrade.
Now that i've gone back and watched the motortrend video, they're the same camaro. I guess the recaro's add leather regardless if its a 1ss or 2ss.

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51
Now that i've gone back and watched the motortrend video, they're the same camaro. I guess the recaro's add leather regardless if its a 1ss or 2ss.
Yes the Recaros themselves all look the same. There is no "cloth" Recaro and "leather" Recaro. It is leather with Alcantara on the surface. Similar to the seats in my ZL1.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Yes the Recaros themselves all look the same. There is no "cloth" Recaro and "leather" Recaro. It is leather with Alcantara on the surface. Similar to the seats in my ZL1.
So you are use to GM lieing to you....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.