Sponsored

2015 5.0 and Ecoboost in this year's Car & Driver Lightning Lap

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
After test driving the Challenger SRT8, Camaro SS/RS & Mustang GT I thought they were all worthy of own and each had their own issues. With the dealer offering $8,000 off MSRP the SRT8 and was the best overall car so I bought.

2 weeks later I went back to Ford and they gave me a screaming deal on the GT so I bought it too.

18 months later I bought the SS/RS.

It really is a great time to be a gearhead yet SO MANY fanboys out there are missing out.

Gotta say I like what I'm seeing on the new Camaro & it should be a beast.
What did you think of the Challenger? That's the only one I haven't test drove yet (well besides the 2016 Camaro). I feel like it has the best looks, but I'd be disappointed in the quality, parts, aftermarket, stopping, and cornering.
Sponsored

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
I know its hard to admit it but, if Randy Pobst can put almost 2 seconds difference with the 1le on a shorter course, then 4 seconds on this course seem to legit. I m surprised on the rc-f time though.
I'm not surprised on the rc-f time based on the reviews and its weight, 3958. Would have been interesting to see the RC 350 coupe time. Lexus needs to bump up their performance across the board, get some forced induction on that RC-F.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
I'm not surprised on the rc-f time based on the reviews and its weight, 3958. Would have been interesting to see the RC 350 coupe time. Lexus needs to bump up their performance across the board, get some forced induction on that RC-F.

They have been out of it since the is f.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
What did you think of the Challenger? That's the only one I haven't test drove yet (well besides the 2016 Camaro). I feel like it has the best looks, but I'd be disappointed in the quality, parts, aftermarket, stopping, and cornering.

Interior quality on the 15-16s are actually a lot better.

It's not a bad car.

Sturmler

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Do tracks get faster or slower if they are repaved?
Quote from IMSA website:
“When I won there in it was on the old pavement,” Keen said. “I’m really happy with the work they’ve done. VIR is just up the road from me in Atlanta, and they’ve done a lot since we last raced there. They’ve completely repaved it, and widened it, and that should make it faster. I think it will be about two or three seconds faster when we come back. Everyone will be real excited to see the new surface and all the other changes they’ve done.”

If we admit the 3 seconds, that makes a 6 seconds difference between GT and 1LE.

fastestlap/com records a 1LE time @ 2.58.34. That could mean a 9 to 10 seconds (in theory) spread. that's a year.

Even taking only C&D times, I'd guess repavement advantage would kill the "day conditions" argument. Moreover, maybe the conditions were better for the GT than for the 1LE.

So I'd say "at least" 4 seconds difference ...

So, ok this must be a BIG disappointment that the GT got spanked by an old Camaro.

However, there's no real offense to be taken. How many of you/us will run on the VIR? Almost none. Anyway, I guess very few would match these times.

Enjoy your rides, if you cross a 1LE in the street, don't be ashamed or angry, just be proud and happy of your choice. It's not about having the "biggest one", it's about enjoying life. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy even if his car is faster on a track .... you'll never see!

Life is short, enjoy your life, don't compare to others!

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'm a drag racer and could care less about ring times or lightning laps but the Mustang is winning the battle where it counts. Sales.:thumbsup:Also 1Les don't stand a chance against my GT at the strip so it's all good!

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
I'm a drag racer and could care less about ring times or lightning laps but the Mustang is winning the battle where it counts. Sales.:thumbsup:Also 1Les don't stand a chance against my GT at the strip so it's all good!

Drag racing is fun. But tracking a car is so much more rewarding [emoji6]

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Drag racing is fun. But tracking a car is so much more rewarding [emoji6]

Come launch my low 9 second GT off the trans brake and then get back to me about running your stock Focus or GT around in circles.;)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Quote from IMSA website:
“When I won there in it was on the old pavement,” Keen said. “I’m really happy with the work they’ve done. VIR is just up the road from me in Atlanta, and they’ve done a lot since we last raced there. They’ve completely repaved it, and widened it, and that should make it faster. I think it will be about two or three seconds faster when we come back. Everyone will be real excited to see the new surface and all the other changes they’ve done.”

If we admit the 3 seconds, that makes a 6 seconds difference between GT and 1LE.

fastestlap/com records a 1LE time @ 2.58.34. That could mean a 9 to 10 seconds (in theory) spread. that's a year.

Even taking only C&D times, I'd guess repavement advantage would kill the "day conditions" argument. Moreover, maybe the conditions were better for the GT than for the 1LE.

So I'd say "at least" 4 seconds difference ...

So, ok this must be a BIG disappointment that the GT got spanked by an old Camaro.

However, there's no real offense to be taken. How many of you/us will run on the VIR? Almost none. Anyway, I guess very few would match these times.

Enjoy your rides, if you cross a 1LE in the street, don't be ashamed or angry, just be proud and happy of your choice. It's not about having the "biggest one", it's about enjoying life. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy even if his car is faster on a track .... you'll never see!

Life is short, enjoy your life, don't compare to others!
Yeah....big disappointment the GT is slower vs. 1LE....rolls eyes...I will be losing sleep at night, too. Only 2000 of those made in 2015. I'll be running across then everyday but I feel confident in my suspension mods and wheels and tires to even the playing field since I am losing sleep the 1LE is faster stock vs. stock.

Going to go to bed now and cry myself to sleep since I bought a much slower car....poor, pitiful me.
image.jpg

Sponsored

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Come launch my low 9 second GT off the trans brake and then get back to me about running your stock Focus or GT around in circles.;)

I can do the same thing in my brothers 52 Chevy.

The skill it takes to go around a track is sooooo much more fun :)

Especially when you can take a car and go just as fast on a straight before taking a carousel at 120mph [emoji4]

I want my fun to last for more than just 9 seconds [emoji57]

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
My god how magazine numbers affect people.....this forum....

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I can do the same thing in my brothers 52 Chevy.

The skill it takes to go around a track is sooooo much more fun :)

Especially when you can take a car and go just as fast on a straight before taking a carousel at 120mph [emoji4]

I want my fun to last for more than just 9 seconds [emoji57]

Ok ... your opinion is more valid than mine.:frusty: I give up. :shrug:Arguing what's more fun or takes more skill is retarded. If it was easy everyone would do it. I doubt you possess a NHRA license or have ever been paid to road race. But your interweb expertise is limitless. I don't really understand how you can throw your opinion out there as fact but hey it's the interwebs so have at it. I guess I should have checked in with you before I started drag racing in the 80s. You could of clued me in on the fun factor. We're you even born in the early 80s? Anyway, I'm done with this stupid debate.:tsk:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Anyone who is worried about the EB Mustang's performance, will already be getting a modest tune.

As it stand, that^ is good for +50hp/50tq and will push the 2.3 Mustang quite well around the track. I do not see a prob, stock these new mustang are conservative to meet CAFE fleet sales. Ford Performance Group has a catalog for those looking to extract performance past the cafe.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Ok ... your opinion is more valid than mine.:frusty: I give up. :shrug:Arguing what's more fun or takes more skill is retarded. If it was easy everyone would do it. I doubt you possess a NHRA license or have ever been paid to road race. But your interweb expertise is limitless. I don't really understand how you can throw your opinion out there as fact but hey it's the interwebs so have at it. I guess I should have checked in with you before I started drag racing in the 80s. You could of clued me in on the fun factor. We're you even born in the early 80s? Anyway, I'm done with this stupid debate.:tsk:

Lol bud I'm just messing. I figured this would somehow get you riled up. It's the same reason why people get riled up over which car is better and which one isn't. It's subjective.

And why this thread has more pages on it than probably any other thread for the short amount of time it's been around.

And early 90s. My brothers however are all in their 40s. Grew up around drag racing, stock car racing, etc.

Nobody needs a professional license to drag race. Just like nobody needs a license to do auto cross or road course tracks. Doesn't mean they aren't any more or less inclined to be experts in their field.

They just need a license.

Something to think about.

Sponsored