Sponsored

2015 5.0 and Ecoboost in this year's Car & Driver Lightning Lap

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
How come you can't post pictures from Tapatalk? They load to 99% but never finish :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
They waved the cage requirement in 2008 and newer vehicles. I think 9.99 is still required to run a cage. You can't remove your airbags though :( but it makes sense. No cage because of OEM safety equipment...

Forgot about that. My brother still has to have one on his 52. He's swapping to chromoly finally. I wanted to post some pics but Tapatalk is being a prick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Well, not bad for the Base car... I hope it wasn't a Loaded Premium. That would just be...

On the other hand, I do like seeing the worst case scenario reported. The loaded weights and performance. If Ford is in fact selling more loaded Premiums, don't you think that is what they should send?

I wasn't really interested in the Base GT's performance BUT, looking at the results now, I'm actually impressed. It's just as fast as the previous GT at VIR, maybe a little cheaper, looks a lot better and still has a $2000 Performance Pack to option.

Not bad for a volume car... the base is still probably beyond my current skill level.

I'd rather see a base GT350 run...
Both Mustangs were PP cars.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Both Mustangs were PP cars.
...and I would hope that was the case...

Reality is, I wouldn't invest my performance opinion on a few laps by a couple of drivers. I know this is probably the only area the SS will stand a chance, although, with a $4000 price gap (plus options), it leaves Ford with a lot of room.

I have seen the 2015 GT kinda evolve and take the S197 GT and Boss's place. It did very well in FS, although it didn't win a title, it had a STRONG regional showing and a decent Prosolo attempt. The 2015 was far from being a failure, not at least in the competitive standard... Media is media and fun to watch...

The only ATS-V that attended this class was literally bulldozed by Mustang's. I know it ran a 2:59 at VIR... great... I just watched one get slaughtered in real life... like a prey animal. But, like the 1LE, I'll give it a few seasons.

How much faster can the GT be? Without risking alienation of the Mustang from its current classes. People already had an issue with the Boss...

I think it's time for a MGTR...

Just posted on FB and built in Switzerland, of all places!

:headbang:

Get rid of the scoop!!!

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
GT350 inspired GT, a very possible 2017-'18 R Package for the GT.

This was done in Switzerland...
Thats how a gtpp should look like. Bring that over here. I cant belive we still don't have the gt350 spoiler or similar front splitter on sale yet. Come on people, we are waiting:paddle:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thats how a gtpp should look like. Bring that over here. I cant belive we still don't have the gt350 spoiler or similar front splitter on sale yet. Come on people, we are waiting:paddle:
You realize they need the parts in their hands to be able to make a replica, right? RPI stated the same in the GT350R wing thread.

Things should be hitting the streets soon as cars should be arriving any day.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The GT is a volume car and the Performance Package is a volume option.

There is now more than enough room after the boneheaded "pleasantly surprising" MSRP adjustment.

With a $40,000 SS, I am willing to bet there is a $39,995 MGTR in the works. A Performance Pack is $2000, an R would be about $6500...

Ford provided enough of a gap for Chevy to hang themselves on the MSRP. An MRC, NPP 1SS is already $40,000... I think a MGTR will bring some serious equipment for the price... Not much room for the Camaro to move with the GT350 at $49,995...

Better wheels/tire 275/295
TR3160
Better rear brakes
GT350R-like aero
Manual Recaro's

MSRP: $6500...

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
The GT is a volume car and the Performance Package is a volume option.

There is now more than enough room after the boneheaded "pleasantly surprising" MSRP adjustment.

With a $40,000 SS, I am willing to bet there is a $39,995 MGTR in the works. A Performance Pack is $2000, an R would be about $6500...

Ford provided enough of a gap for Chevy to hang themselves on the MSRP. An MRC, NPP 1SS is already $40,000... I think a MGTR will bring some serious equipment for the price... Not much room for the Camaro to move with the GT350 at $49,995...

Better wheels/tire 275/295
TR3160
Better rear brakes
GT350R-like aero
Manual Recaro's

MSRP: $6500...
This would be an awesome car!!

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Plus a forged spray bore 5.2 Coyote with GT350 heads and a little more cam....475-480 horse.......gotta believe this is out there already.

speedracermustangfan

Custom User Title
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 subaru wrx
If ford offered a better track pack with the items mentioned above with mrc/suspension tweaks/tune/exhaust, it might have my money over the gt350. Really, the track pack gt350 is closer to 57k...15k is a nice gap for the gt.
Sponsored