Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Any reason GT350 wasn't included?
No other reason besides that it wasn't available yet for media tests... just like the 2016 Cayman GT4... just like the 2016 Viper ACR... just like the forthcoming 6th gen Camaro SS or whatever special edition that is released prior to the 2016 C&D LL event. Next year, we shall hopefully see all of them make an appearance.
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
If the 1LE ran that time that means the new 16 SS will be in some good company. Almost makes it worth the ridiculous price tag.
Oh trust me... the base 1SS WILL NOT be that fast...

You will need MRC, Black Track Wheels and maybe the Dearership Brake Package. NPP will be desired and manual Recaro's still MIA.

Things your missing for $37,300+$1600+$800+(Brake Pack and NPP) is the 285's all around, Recaro's and the enormous 14.5 inch rotors.

Don't assume for a second the base 1SS has a chance against the 1LE...

high_glove_side

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 AGM 1LE
Outside the expected GM / Ford comparisions here, there are some bizarre things going on in that list. A BRZ being quicker than an '08 STI, for example.

Or an '11 Mustang V6 being almost a second quicker than a '10 Mustang GT. (nevermind a '13 GT500 being 7 seconds faster than a '10 GT500)

Or a '11 STI being almost 2 seconds quicker than a '15 WRX, yet an '09 WRX clocked almost 3 seconds faster than an '08 STI.

Fun list, but really not worth paying a ton of attention to.

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Hey fellas... keep in mind that VIR was redone in 2014... the ZL1 and 1LE ran VIR in 2013.

[ame]

The results especially near the top of the list is still telltale benchmark of what these high performance cars can do.

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Hey fellas... keep in mind that VIR was redone in 2014... the ZL1 and 1LE ran VIR in 2013.

The results especially near the top of the list is still telltale benchmark of what these high performance cars can do.
Do tracks get faster or slower if they are repaved?

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Do tracks get faster or slower if they are repaved?
I work construction and deal with new pavement all the time. If the pavement is fresh like a month old or less, the cars may be slower as the oils in new pavement can make things slick. But after that the cars should be faster due to a smoother and more consistent track.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Oh trust me... the base 1SS WILL NOT be that fast...

You will need MRC, Black Track Wheels and maybe the Dearership Brake Package. NPP will be desired and manual Recaro's still MIA.

Things your missing for $37,300+$1600+$800+(Brake Pack and NPP) is the 285's all around, Recaro's and the enormous 14.5 inch rotors.

Don't assume for a second the base 1SS has a chance against the 1LE...
lol wut? Black track wheels? Hahahaha. The NPP does nothing but make it louder. Maybe saves 3 lbs. The black wheels maybe save 3 lbs. Chevy is saying that a SS without MRC is faster than the previous 1LE. If so.....look out.

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
lol wut? Black track wheels? Hahahaha. The NPP does nothing but make it louder. Maybe saves 3 lbs. The black wheels maybe save 3 lbs. Chevy is saying that a SS without MRC is faster than the previous 1LE. If so.....look out.

If it's CONSISTENLY true.. then bravo GM. If it's not, then it's marketing bs bordering on a blatant lie IMO.

I hope it is that fast. I wouldn't ever want the mustang to a better performer because GM put out a slow car. I want GM to put out a fast car and then Ford put out a faster one. And I want Chevy to come right back at it again.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
If it's CONSISTENLY true.. then bravo GM. If it's not, then it's marketing bs bordering on a blatant lie IMO.

I hope it is that fast. I wouldn't ever want the mustang to a better performer because GM put out a slow car. I want GM to put out a fast car and then Ford put out a faster one. And I want Chevy to come right back at it again.
Yessir!!!! Me too!!!!

Sponsored

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro

I have said it many times. Competition breeds beautiful results. Way to go big 3! :cheers:

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Yeah.. and no offense, but to just be a one-brand fanboi nowadays really inhibits you from experiencing and/or appreciating what other manufacturers can come up with in terms of performance.

I'm humbled/blessed to have the opportunity to own & track Z06's, GT350s (soon when '15 arrives!), and even Porsches alike. Can't really go wrong liking, driving, or admiring these new crop of fast and well-handling cars.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Yeah.. and no offense, but to just be a one-brand fanboi nowadays really inhibits you from experiencing and/or appreciating what other manufacturers can come up with in terms of performance.

I'm humbled/blessed to have the opportunity to own & track Z06's, GT350s (soon when '15 arrives!), and even Porsches alike. Can't really go wrong liking, driving, or admiring these new crop of fast and well-handling cars.
Very well said!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Just like the pricing info that also turned out to be accurate:lol::lol::lol:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

I give GM credit for their performance cars, but no way I would own one. Porsche, sure.

The love/hate relationship with Ford and Chevy goes back many, many decades. Just like the Yankees and Red Sox. It is part of the car culture and will ALWAYS be there.
Sponsored