Sponsored

2015 5.0 and Ecoboost in this year's Car & Driver Lightning Lap

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Just like the pricing info that also turned out to be accurate:lol::lol::lol:
No one ever said it would be cheaper than the 5th gen. Al O did say that people would be pleased with pricing. That wasn't the case for sure. But we also don't know what the performance numbers will be. If its anything close to the ATS-V then I would be pleased if I were them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I give GM credit for their performance cars, but no way I would own one. Porsche, sure.

The love/hate relationship with Ford and Chevy goes back many, many decades. Just like the Yankees and Red Sox. It is part of the car culture and will ALWAYS be there.
I respect that... and that you understand where one pushes the envelope more than the other, and then vice-versa, and it repeats again & again...

Just like I respect fellows who like all kinds of cars... for example, I'm a fan of the 1st gen Miata and Mk1's alike just like how I like the new powerful cars. I'd love to track these other cars as well. Heck, already looking for a clean unmolested fox-body 5.0 I can have fun with! :cheers:

SidewaysPete

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, 2014 5.0
Incredible numbers for the Zo6! Disappointed in both Mustangs showings! I expected better from both. 4 seconds slower than a 1Le Camaro???
but, but, but the pill said the 1LE is trash???? how could this be???

news flash: 1LE is a bad ass car.

I have an S550 AND a 1LE, and as far as performance goes, the 1LE feels like it's on another level despite being the outdated generation. however, the s550 looks a million times better. :)

they will both be replaced by a gt350, tho. ;)

Last edited:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Just like the pricing info that also turned out to be accurate:lol::lol::lol:
Option for option there price is right there with the GT. But there downfall was adding all the options as standard equipment, thus having a higher starting point, and that is what most people see. I would much rather have the basic option like the GT, then add what I want, not what they give.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
No one ever said it would be cheaper than the 5th gen. Al O did say that people would be pleased with pricing. That wasn't the case for sure. But we also don't know what the performance numbers will be. If its anything close to the ATS-V then I would be pleased if I were them.
I am just poking fun. Like I said, I respect what GM is doing with their performance cars. I just would not own one. But with them doing what they do it pushes Ford and what Ford does, pushes GM, etc.

This is truly a rebirth of the 60's Muscle Car era that my dad got to be a part of and now I get to experience the same type of era and I LOVE IT!

Some of my best friends are GM diehards and it is fun to poke at each other.

I am a car guy down to the deepest levels in my body. I respect most all performance cars.
I respect that... and that you understand where one pushes the envelope more than the other, and then vice-versa, and it repeats again & again...

Just like I respect fellows who like all kinds of cars... for example, I'm a fan of the 1st gen Miata and Mk1's alike just like how I like the new powerful cars. I'd love to track these other cars as well. Heck, already looking for a clean unmolested fox-body 5.0 I can have fun with! :cheers:
For sure. This back and forth is amazing right now. Since 2003 it seems the performance levels of cars have really reached new levels for the money.

the 1st gen Miata's are sweet for sure. Growing up, I love the Monster Miata, of course. It has the Ford 5.0 powerplant and was a strong runner:D

I would love to get a clean fox body, too. I love the notch backs, they just look so good when done so simply. A great paint job, lowered and a nice set of wheels. I really wish I still had my 91LX 5.0 hatchback that I had when I was 23 back in 1993.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
but, but, but the pill said the 1LE is trash???? how could this be???

news flash: 1LE is a bad ass car.

I have an S550 AND a 1LE, and as far as performance goes, the 1LE feels like it's on another level despite being the outdated generation. however, the s550 looks a million times better. :)

they will both be replaced by a gt350, tho. ;)
That's nice. Thanks for sharing.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
2015 5.0 and Ecoboost in this year's Car & Driver Lightning Lap

Oh trust me... the base 1SS WILL NOT be that fast...

You will need MRC, Black Track Wheels and maybe the Dearership Brake Package. NPP will be desired and manual Recaro's still MIA.

Things your missing for $37,300+$1600+$800+(Brake Pack and NPP) is the 285's all around, Recaro's and the enormous 14.5 inch rotors.

Don't assume for a second the base 1SS has a chance against the 1LE...
Why? It's been stated multiple times the 1le was a benchmark for the SS. It may not be as fast but it should be close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Todd asked this and I am asking it again, is the mustang a gt or gtpp? It makes a huge difference. By the way, i can't believe rc-f is slower than the mustang. 1le and zl1 times look good though.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
I'm assuming GTPP since all the track tests I've seen done in MT and C&D were GTPP's.

Terrible showing by the Mustang's. Especially the EB.

Last edited:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Yeah.. and no offense, but to just be a one-brand fanboi nowadays really inhibits you from experiencing and/or appreciating what other manufacturers can come up with in terms of performance.

I'm humbled/blessed to have the opportunity to own & track Z06's, GT350s (soon when '15 arrives!), and even Porsches alike. Can't really go wrong liking, driving, or admiring these new crop of fast and well-handling cars.
Great post..seems these days if you drive a certain brand that means you can't admire other brands. Most of the time it's just silly banter by immature, uninformed "homers". I like 'em all, Corvettes, Z-28s, Super Snakes, Shelbys, Vipers, GTRs, Hellcats M3s, etc. I just happen to drive a S550 and working on making it faster, and faster, and faster...if you like fast, great-handling cars of all makes & models this is THE time to be a gearhead IMO.

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I think conditions differed/varied from when the 1LE ran a few years ago to now when the current 5.0 lapped. The gap if any should be closer, much closer... not 4secs apart.
I know its hard to admit it but, if Randy Pobst can put almost 2 seconds difference with the 1le on a shorter course, then 4 seconds on this course seem to legit. I m surprised on the rc-f time though.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Great post..seems these days if you drive a certain brand that means you can't admire other brands....if you like fast, great-handling cars of all makes & models this is THE time to be a gearhead IMO.
After test driving the Challenger SRT8, Camaro SS/RS & Mustang GT I thought they were all worthy of owning and each had their own issues. With the dealer offering $8,000 off MSRP the SRT8 and was the best overall car so I bought it.

2 weeks later I went back to Ford and they gave me a screaming deal on the GT so I bought it too.

18 months later I bought the SS/RS.

It really is a great time to be a gearhead yet SO MANY fanboys out there are missing out.

Gotta say I like what I'm seeing on the new Camaro & it should be a beast.

Last edited:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
My pops has a SRT Challenger, the 425 HP version, nice car but it's AUTO-matic! :frusty: I for one enjoy the "competition" between the brands, just not the "you suck donkey balls if you don't drive this or that." I'm in a hurry to get a tune, CAI, already have the catback enroute. If one of these new Camaros gets the best of me at the Stop Light Grand Prix I might just take a bottle of aspirin LOL.
After test driving the Challenger SRT8, Camaro SS/RS & Mustang GT I thought they were all worthy of own and each had their own issues. With the dealer offering $8,000 off MSRP the SRT8 and was the best overall car so I bought.

2 weeks later I went back to Ford and they gave me a screaming deal on the GT so I bought it too.

18 months later I bought the SS/RS.

It really is a great time to be a gearhead yet SO MANY fanboys out there are missing out.

Gotta say I like what I'm seeing on the new Camaro & it should be a beast.