Sponsored

Why more GT500's for sale than 350’s or Mach 1’s?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Even just normal street driving, the DCT just feels worlds different. I wouldn’t want any other transmission in that car honestly. Ford/Ford Performance picked the right trans for the S550 GT500 without a doubt.
The DCT is largely the reason I want/wanted one. Makes such a beast a usable car.

Occasionally I go looking for my base Eruption Green unicorn with the black roof and CF dash. Came pretty close on BaT once, but someone wanted it more than me. Such is life. As it is, the 500 has fallen down the priority list given the fact that my lowly GT has still yet to traverse 14K miles of this Earth, so that coin makes more sense put toward all terrain dock steps and the right boat.

Still watching the market though...someday...
Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I'm not jealous at all. I just think it's funny that a few of the GT500 owners got offended and took it personal when I made my first comment. I never directly called a single commenter out in my first statement.
You're out of your element. No one got offended, your comments are just dumb and ignorant.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
$70,300 - here is one with a few options
I would argue that the base price on that sticker is $72,900. There is no getting around the US government's mandated GG fee.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
$70,300 - here is one with a few options- if you removed the technology package and stripes- would be closer to 74K MSRP...

Just an FYI- this car is listed for 84.5K with 16K miles...so about 6K over sticker 4 years later with 16K miles- a touch high in my opinion - mileage definitely has a negative effect on values ....

I have almost as many miles on my R - but I would much rather drive it then stare at it and if I take a 20% or 25% hit in value when/ if I ever sell it ...so be it lol

1712668030629-2a.png
If you take off everything that can be taken off (stripes and technology), you are still at $74,490.00

I consider the things that can't be removed (gas guzzler, destination/delivery, etc...) part of MSRP because, well, you can't pay less, no matter what dealer you get it from.

So, on or about $80k wasn't too far off, and still proves my point on how you cannot get a $60k 2020+ GT500.

That said, I have way more invested in upgrades than most people would pay for an entire car, and I still drive mine. Had it out yesterday running errands and even parked it in a grocery store parking lot. No way my ice cream melts on the way home!

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
LOL!!! Your kidding me! YOU got HIGHLY offended. Otherwise you would of never made a comment in the first place. Just keep this in mind when you show up at a car show with your GT500 everyone there knows that only the only thing you know how to do is open your wallet or apply for credit. Actually building a Mustang is way out of your league.
You totally aren't jealous, though. Dumb people who make dumb arguments call people offended when they are corrected by them. You do realize how pathetically insecure you come off as, right? You are now muted, as you are a net negative to this forum and your comments actively made me lose brain cells trying to converse with you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
LOL!!! Your kidding me! YOU got HIGHLY offended. Otherwise you would of never made a comment in the first place. Just keep this in mind when you show up at a car show with your GT500 everyone there knows that only the only thing you know how to do is open your wallet or apply for credit. Actually building a Mustang is way out of your league.
Whphony96 you can’t possibly support your statement unless you personally know everyone who attends the same car shows.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Just because you have a highly modified Mustang doesn’t mean you know how to turn a wrench…

Some people take out that credit card to pay at the dealer… some people take out their credit card to pay a local shop.

some classic car owners might say that owners of newer modified Mustangs are only good at bolting on exact fit parts.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ll bite on the last part of that. I had an icar gold facility for over two decades and was an icar instructor. I’m in the middle making my shop at my house bigger to build a 69 fastback. Be careful who you’re painting with that brush. That goes for many here as well. It’s pretty intereting you keep going to the wallet and credit. You’re telling on yourself.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
I’ll bite on the last part of that. I had an icar gold facility for over two decades and was an icar instructor. I’m in the middle making my shop at my house bigger to build a 69 fastback. Be careful who you’re painting with that brush. That goes for many here as well. It’s pretty intereting you keep going to the wallet and credit. You’re telling on yourself.
You got me beat if you can do bodywork well. I built my own rock crawler from the ground up w/unimog axles (built my own cage, suspension, steering links, traction bar, etc) and the entire trailer it's sitting on. But the bodywork I have done was WAY harder, to do right (which I don't, I'm a hack at best). :)

20231010_110826.jpg

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2018 GT350SE, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Let's hope it pushes the prices down. A '21-'22 GT500 is on my short list for my next sports car to eventually sit alongside my '21 ZL1 and '22 Supra.
I am adding the 24 Supra to the garage next to the GT500 CFTP this week! The Vettes have never drawn me in but that sounds like a well rounded garage.
Sponsored