Sponsored

Who has gone back to the factory resonator after installing an H or X pipe?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I just did the Borla 60661 resonator on mine in place of the X pipe. After the header install it was way to raspy nasty sounding. The Borla resonator coupled with the S type active cat back is a nice combo. Essentially turning it into a "Touring" system...

IMG_4867.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg
Sponsored

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I just did the Borla 60661 resonator on mine in place of the X pipe. After the header install it was way to raspy nasty sounding. The Borla resonator coupled with the S type active cat back is a nice combo. Essentially turning it into a "Touring" system...

IMG_4867.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg
Was thinking about this….
On a stock system with the borla resonator?.
wanted it louder than stock but less than an x or h pipe.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I put this in the other exhaust thread. I had the FP x pipe, found it too raspy and loud. Hacked off the back 12” or so of it and put on two vibrant 12” resonators
IMG_5688.jpeg

Got sound clips in my e85 sound thread

actually allows the active exhaust to work now instead of just quietest but still loud/loud/loud/loud
Now it’s quiet/reasonable volume/louder on throttle/ loud

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Was thinking about this….
On a stock system with the borla resonator?.
wanted it louder than stock but less than an x or h pipe.
No mine is coupled with a full Borla S type cat back. It had an X pipe and after headers was just way too much. I could have just put the factory cat back on but I like the Borla sound...

IMG_4868.jpeg

RedCanPp2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
When I got my car a few months ago it already had Roush H-pipe installed. I love how the car sounds, but after reading so many comments here now I do wonder how it would sound stock, specially since I prefer a deeper tone (hence why I don't want X-pipe or LTH).

Sponsored

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think the H pipe pairs well with cars equipped with the factory active exhaust. It’s seems, however, that models without the active exhaust, and have factory mufflers, the H gives off a very metallic, or tinny sound that won’t appeal to most. Those with the non active exhaust would probably be more happy with a full car back system. I have the active, with a Steeda H, and it is staying!
At higher revs even the H pipe has some rasp which I am not a fan of. I hope someone offers a resonated resonator again like the Magnaflow.

88workcar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT wt Performance pkg
No mine is coupled with a full Borla S type cat back. It had an X pipe and after headers was just way too much. I could have just put the factory cat back on but I like the Borla sound...

IMG_4868.jpeg
When all said and done have you seen a power increase with the whole exhaust system?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
When I got my car a few months ago it already had Roush H-pipe installed. I love how the car sounds, but after reading so many comments here now I do wonder how it would sound stock, specially since I prefer a deeper tone (hence why I don't want X-pipe or LTH).
I also have the active and went from stock resonator to the h pipe. Tone is almost identical, just a bit louder

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
When all said and done have you seen a power increase with the whole exhaust system?
The exhaust alone (cat back) not necessarily. I did the JLT intake and headers at the same time with a a wengerd 93 octane tune, that really was substantial. The cat back installed way before that on factory manifolds. No power increase at all from the cat back alone that I could tell. Sounded better was all.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
At higher revs even the H pipe has some rasp which I am not a fan of. I hope someone offers a resonated resonator again like the Magnaflow.
The Borla 60661 coupled with my active S Type active exhaust got rid of most of the rasp and gave me back the deep muscle car tone that the headers killed. The X pipe on my S Type with headers was painful nasty and just obnoxious loud. I'll do a cold start this weekend and post a video comparison of the two.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I suspect if you are coming from an active exhaust, no, or marginal at best (based on standard / non boosted applications). The AE mufflers are straight through (when the valve is open).

If you are coming from the non active, I suspect there may be greater gains. For those that haven't seen inside the non active mufflers :

1715261037462-7x.jpg

WD :like:

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I went from stock to FP X-pipe and Kooks mufflers and then to Solo Performance 3” cat back. Shortie resonator and no mufflers. Just Helmholtz (?) tubes in the back and it’s quiet enough for cruising and rowdy enough when it’s time to play.

jthompson473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Stock is super quiet. Like hard to hear to shift quiet.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Mine is definitely not super quiet inside ... you guys saying that running EcoBoost's?

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Borla 60661 coupled with my active S Type active exhaust got rid of most of the rasp and gave me back the deep muscle car tone that the headers killed. The X pipe on my S Type with headers was painful nasty and just obnoxious loud. I'll do a cold start this weekend and post a video comparison of the two.
Wonder if the Borla 60661 can be welded in between a FO X pipe?
Sponsored