Sponsored

u0401:82-08 Code and other issues, can you help me please?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Nah,, I turn off all the nannies when I fire her up as well haha.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I joined pcmtec, tried a few times to post a thread, after getting the ‘choose crosswalks’ and
‘Choose motorcycles’ 4 or 5 times and getting annoyed I gave up.

Anyone on here able to give me some pointers? :( I’m getting so frustrated with this crap :(

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Ask @Rolls about the joining problem. I would try to get with him and if not I would try another pcm

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone on here able to give me some pointers? :( I’m getting so frustrated with this crap :(
Goto a shop you trust (if that even exits anymore) and put it on a high dollar scanner. Or unplug (one at a time) the ABS sensors and see if a new code come up. If they don't change, at least your narrowed it down-ish.

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
I joined pcmtec, tried a few times to post a thread, after getting the ‘choose crosswalks’ and
‘Choose motorcycles’ 4 or 5 times and getting annoyed I gave up.

We don't let anyone post unless they have purchased the software due to huge amounts of spam.

We have a support portal if you wish you contact us https://support.pcmtec.com there instead. I thought you were a direct customer, not a B2C

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Ask @Rolls about the joining problem. I would try to get with him and if not I would try another pcm
Goto a shop you trust (if that even exits anymore) and put it on a high dollar scanner. Or unplug (one at a time) the ABS sensors and see if a new code come up. If they don't change, at least your narrowed it down-ish.
We don't let anyone post unless they have purchased the software due to huge amounts of spam.

We have a support portal if you wish you contact us https://support.pcmtec.com there instead. I thought you were a direct customer, not a B2C

Appologies for the late response, real life gets in the way sometimes :(

I’ve raised a ticket on pcmtec and hopefully @Rolls can help me through this, as said, I don’t have anywhere left I can take it and I’m on my own :(

More developments though, not been near the car for a couple of weeks so took it out today, cut out completely twice stopped in traffic at idle, turned over but wouldn’t start again for a few minutes then fired……no codes stored, I’m really at them end of my tether with this shit and need some pointers :(
Could this be throttle body releated?

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I'm wondering if it's a fuel or spark issue. Faulty fuel pump? Have you tried to data log it? It might show what's happening right before it happens.

You could also buy their software and use it. Drive and data log and see if they can catch it in a log

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
More developments though, not been near the car for a couple of weeks so took it out today, cut out completely twice stopped in traffic at idle, turned over but wouldn’t start again for a few minutes then fired……no codes stored, I’m really at them end of my tether with this shit and need some pointers :(
Could this be throttle body releated?
Next time it dies and just cranks but doesn't start try unplugging the maf sensor and then starting it. You can drive without the maf sensor as long as you keep the rpms lower than like 2.5k and are easy on the throttle.

Not sure its really related to the issue but the ecu uses different calculations when it has no maf sensor to run the car. One time my tune was very off and for someone reason when the car was hot the car wouldn't start. Just a thought for if you get stuck again.

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Next time it dies and just cranks but doesn't start try unplugging the maf sensor and then starting it. You can drive without the maf sensor as long as you keep the rpms lower than like 2.5k and are easy on the throttle.

Not sure its really related to the issue but the ecu uses different calculations when it has no maf sensor to run the car. One time my tune was very off and for someone reason when the car was hot the car wouldn't start. Just a thought for if you get stuck again.
Thanks, I’ll give that a go, not easy though, it usually happens when I’m in the middle
Of the road and I scramble for my reader to see if there’s a code, it’s so frustrating :(

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I'm wondering if it's a fuel or spark issue. Faulty fuel pump? Have you tried to data log it? It might show what's happening right before it happens.

You could also buy their software and use it. Drive and data log and see if they can catch it in a log
I’ve contacted Roland on pcmtec and asked about their software, if it can get to the bottom of this………

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I’ve contacted Roland on pcmtec and asked about their software, if it can get to the bottom of this………
I hope you get it fixed. I'm here for the long haul with ya.
Sponsored