Steeda IRS Brace

Sevensixteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, MT-82, 2024 Bronco, Big Bend, SAS
With inferior coating, it would almost be nice if Steeda would offer them bare, so the end user can select their color of choice and be able to touch them up much more easily when needed.
I matched the other blue bits !
IMG_7310.jpeg
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Does anyone know if it would help with paint curing to leave my garage at room temperature, which is 86* or would turning on the AC and keeping it cool (around 73*) for the next couple of days would be ideal?
Heat gun is your friend šŸ¤Ŗ

Sevensixteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, MT-82, 2024 Bronco, Big Bend, SAS
What prep method did you use and how many coats? Did you sand between coats?
Like yourself I used scotch Brite extreme scrub, 4 coats & no, I didnā€™t sand between coats.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Does it truly matter choosing between the BMR or Steeda IRS Braces? I am considering BMR for the color and cheaper price :like:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Does it truly matter choosing between the BMR or Steeda IRS Braces? I am considering BMR for the color and cheaper price :like:
Nope, whichever brand you prefer. Mixing and matching doesnā€™t always work with those two brands though as an FYI for future projects

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, whichever brand you prefer. Mixing and matching doesnā€™t always work with those two brands though as an FYI for future projects
Aha I see. Thank you...perhaps BMR just for those braces and the forwards k-member brace then and steeda everything else...

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Aha I see. Thank you...perhaps BMR just for those braces and the forwards k-member brace then and steeda everything else...
Yeah. Like the Steeda subframe braces and BMR jacking rails donā€™t fit with each other (and vice versa). Stuff like the dowels and bushing inserts should work but I havenā€™t tried so I donā€™t know for sure

Sponsored

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
If you have any understanding of the mustangs irs from an engineering standpoint it is crystal clear that the irs braces that tie to 3 points on each side WILL by far make the most difference in stabilizing the rear, and I did all of my suspension build in order. There is an average of a 1/4ā€ of play between the chassis and subframe on a very high % of mustangs that roll out of the factory, this brace ensures there is almost 0. And that is a fact!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes, please! That would be great! I have one good coat of black on them and will probably end up putting one or two coats of gray on them. The gray is going to be lighter in color than the powder coat, but Iā€™m hoping the black undercoat may help the darken up the gray a bit. Iā€™m no painter, so Iā€˜m not sure if that will or wonā€™t work. Iā€™ll know soon enough though.

IMG_6580.jpeg
Finally remembered to lay under the car this morning and get a pic. Looks to be holding up well so far

IMG_2949.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Finally remembered to lay under the car this morning and get a pic. Looks to be holding up well so far

IMG_2949.jpeg
Thatā€™s good to hear! I just went out and sprayed mine with the gray paint today.

Man, this is taking a LONG time! Now itā€™s wait 2 more days, go back to spot check and correct some areas. The darn tarp blew up onto one end of one of the braces while it was still wet, so Iā€™ll have to try and scuff and touch that up and then it will be 2 more days of waiting before theyā€™re completely cured and can go back on the car.

SMH, I went from replacing a ruptured fuel line, to installing rear drag springs, a drag race sway bar and now, painting subframe braces? I guess thatā€™s what happens when thereā€™s too much down time waiting for parts. I need to get this thing back on the road ASAP!

IMG_6067.jpeg

IMG_6066.jpeg
Sponsored