Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

Oko3612

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic PP 15 GT
I think after a lot of searching, I might have found the exhaust that will be going on our car. Read all 35 pages of this thread, and listened to countless sound clips, and I think the Solo Mach XV is the one. I haven't really read anything bad about this company, or it's products.
Literally the same thing I did. Just waiting for my tax refund to come in and the Mach xv will be ordered

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
I think after a lot of searching, I might have found the exhaust that will be going on our car. Read all 35 pages of this thread, and listened to countless sound clips, and I think the Solo Mach XV is the one. I haven't really read anything bad about this company, or it's products.
You made a good choice, I can assure you ! :-)

DigitalPackrat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Mustang
Well that was significantly faster shipping than I had hoped for. Ordered a GT Mach Thunder and it shipped same day. :thumbsup:

Now I just need a build date from Ford so I'll have something to install the exhaust on. :doh:

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that was significantly faster shipping than I had hoped for. Ordered a GT Mach Thunder and it shipped same day. :thumbsup:

Now I just need a build date from Ford so I'll have something to install the exhaust on. :doh:
But: you are well prepared! :D

Sponsored

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Same here. Placing my order next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.0onBoard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Black GTPPP
I saw on ebay descriptions the difference between the mach and the mach thunder is numerically significant.

It shows the mach to be a loudness of 4/10 and the mach thunder to be 7/10 is it really that drastic?

Would that make the race 10/10. Where would the corsa extremes and roush fall on a similar scale?

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
I saw on ebay descriptions the difference between the mach and the mach thunder is numerically significant.

It shows the mach to be a loudness of 4/10 and the mach thunder to be 7/10 is it really that drastic?

Would that make the race 10/10. Where would the corsa extremes and roush fall on a similar scale?
Race has no mufflers just 3in pipes it's loud but sounds awesome

Sponsored

Riktar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Also keep in mind that 1/10 is NOT the stock exhaust. At WOT I'd say the stock exhaust is -5/10 lol. The mach xv is LOUD lol the thunder is just that much louder. However both appear easy to modulate. It can sound close to stock while cruising one second and drop the gear and raise hell the next.

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ive had my 3" cat back street race system in for a while now and still love it. I get compliments every day at every drive thru and parking lot im at. and its not bad inside the cabin its not quite but not bad. and no drone or vibration humm sounds and i still have the sound tube.

Can't go wrong with SOLO!

5.0onBoard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Black GTPPP
Right. I was leaning towards roush but now am leaning towards this. Has anyone gone from mach to mach thunder or the other way around. I feel like mach may be just what im looking for. Are the different length mufflers available from Solo? And at what expense?

Riktar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Right. I was leaning towards roush but now am leaning towards this. Has anyone gone from mach to mach thunder or the other way around. I feel like mach may be just what im looking for. Are the different length mufflers available from Solo? And at what expense?

I personally compared the roush + x pipe and it sounded nice but definitely had some rasp and got a bit tinny (IMHO). The solo mufflers are interchangeable but are also a bit pricy, I was quoted something around the ~$350 range

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Again, it's very personal, but yes I agree that numbering (where stock is 1 and street race is 10, Mach XV shall be 4 and Thunder 7).

As for the other exhausts you mentioned, sorry I don't have experience with them...
Sponsored