Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I just talked to Jeff with solo and he said they had some problems with rock chips that's why they don't use the powder coat tips anymore and I explained to him my side for wanting the coated tips and he took care of everything and I should have the tips in a few weeks...awesome service solo is #1 in my book
Good deal, glad he took care of you. My MACH XV system is supposed to land here tommorow with the black tips. My car is white so I don't think I will mind the black chrome look
Sponsored

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
I just talked to Jeff with solo and he said they had some problems with rock chips that's why they don't use the powder coat tips anymore and I explained to him my side for wanting the coated tips and he took care of everything and I should have the tips in a few weeks...awesome service solo is #1 in my book
Jeff is a great guy indeed! The rock chip issue makes sense, powder coating is definitely more prone to chips than chroming (if that is the right term.. :-D )... So far I don't have any issue, let's knock it on wood...

Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Good deal, glad he took care of you. My MACH XV system is supposed to land here tommorow with the black tips. My car is white so I don't think I will mind the black chrome look
Awesome, just got an update on my exhaust it won't be in until Tuesday :/. Got the mach thunder with black tips. Let's see how they come out. I see some say the catback is loud with callers headers. Is it just loud or does it drone a tad?

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
Awesome, just got an update on my exhaust it won't be in until Tuesday :/. Got the mach thunder with black tips. Let's see how they come out. I see some say the catback is loud with callers headers. Is it just loud or does it drone a tad?
There supposed to be no (or very little) drone due to the J-pipes, but of course everything has a limit, so really... I don't know :shrug:. Please post some pics and videos so we could learn...

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
I have the street race and I get zero drone at any rpm but it does get a touch of rasp at WOT...took my buddy for a ride last weekend and he said wow this thing sounds pissed off:headbang:

Sponsored

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
a0f56a1fd726de5a0f4793dc02d29a68.jpg

They are here! I will be installing them tonight

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Really excited to see so many people going with [MENTION=18139]goingsolo2[/MENTION] . Their product, service, and price is hard to beat!

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The packaging was top notch [MENTION=18139]goingsolo2[/MENTION] nice job. I will be installing the exhaust tonight. There will be lots of videos.

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
The packaging was top notch [MENTION=18139]goingsolo2[/MENTION] nice job. I will be installing the exhaust tonight. There will be lots of videos.
I agree on the packaging it was very good

Sponsored

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I can confirm that after removing it from the packaging it easily fits in the back of our stangs with the rear seats down :) Installing it myself this weekend.

redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red
I think after a lot of searching, I might have found the exhaust that will be going on our car. Read all 35 pages of this thread, and listened to countless sound clips, and I think the Solo Mach XV is the one. I haven't really read anything bad about this company, or it's products.

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take some pics during the install + video after if possible!

Thanks!
Only took video after. I wish I saw this earlier. But we did do it when it was dark outside lol it was also snowing a little

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for all of the kind words everyone! We are so happy you are all enjoying your kits! Feel free to call me anytime with questions or to place an order at 516-655-9002.

Steve
Sponsored