Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
I personally compared the roush + x pipe and it sounded nice but definitely had some rasp and got a bit tinny (IMHO). The solo mufflers are interchangeable but are also a bit pricy, I was quoted something around the ~$350 range
I agree 350$ is a bit pricey, but if you look in that way, for other brands you don't even has this option. You buy something from Borla, install it and that's it. You can only sell it to someone privately if you don't like it.
Sponsored

5.0onBoard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Black GTPPP
Ok. $350 doesnt really concern me, because once enough of these are on the street you could probably flip your old one for 275 ish. That means about 75 bucks to switch.

So, this is my first v8 mustang. Does the consensus go thunder first and then see if its too much for the neighbors and wife, or go mach first and see if its loud enough for me?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Ok. $350 doesnt really concern me, because once enough of these are on the street you could probably flip your old one for 275 ish. That means about 75 bucks to switch.

So, this is my first v8 mustang. Does the consensus go thunder first and then see if its too much for the neighbors and wife, or go mach first and see if its loud enough for me?
Street race or bust. Only kidding, the question is would you rather it be too quiet or too loud? The overall loudness will be controlled by your right foot obviously, only real concern would be cold starts. If I were worried about the neighbors I would have started with the thunder. Lucky me the wife is tolerant and my neighbors share my passion for cars.

Riktar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

I was in the same predicament. This is my first v8 but I've had catless g35 coupe and the wife hated riding in it. While that was loud it sounds tame as hell compared to this. This is my personal DD but the Explorer is the family car so luckily I don't have to worry about the wife complaining, however at the same time I wanted something I could take out with her and the kids. That and I don't want to pull up to the office garage and sound like I'm racing for pinks lol. Mach XV is the best mix between a stock(ish) cruising exhaust note and opening the gates of hell at WOT. I've heard corsa extreme, mbrp street, and the roush + lethal x pipes and while they all sound really nice they all had way too much rasp for me. I like that the mach xv keeps some crackle but not the overly obnoxious one but more of an exotic nature. I placed the order for the thunder initially but figured I'd rather be safe than sorry and I'm glad I did. This is more than enough volume for me, YMMV.

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY

Eventually you might even be able to simple swap it with someone else here... About which one, very personal - do you like loud things? I myself would go with the Mach XV and if not enough step up to Thunder...

(we may ask Steve [MENTION=18139]goingsolo2[/MENTION] to confirm the individual prices for the x-pipe, 11" Mach muffler and 18" Mach muffler?)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT

If your neighbors don't like the sound tell them to make your payments and u will do whatever exhaust makes them happy but until they do F___ them and get what makes you happy

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
Street race or bust. Only kidding, the question is would you rather it be too quiet or too loud? The overall loudness will be controlled by your right foot obviously, only real concern would be cold starts. If I were worried about the neighbors I would have started with the thunder. Lucky me the wife is tolerant and my neighbors share my passion for cars.
Lol I'm with you on the street race I have been told 2 times it sounds gt350ish

Riktar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If your neighbors don't like the sound tell them to make your payments and u will do whatever exhaust makes them happy but until they do F___ them and get what makes you happy

That sounds like horrible advice lol. But as others have mention it depends on how loud you want it. Coyotev8 put it best when he described them as loud, louder, loudest. There is nothing quiet about any of these.

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
That sounds like horrible advice lol. But as others have mention it depends on how loud you want it. Coyotev8 put it best when he described them as loud, louder, loudest. There is nothing quiet about any of these.
Yes bad advice to do what makes you happy your right what the hell was I thinking

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
Nothing should stop you from doing what you want to your car it's your car not your neighbors...if my neighbor tried to tell me to change my car cause it's to loud for them I would tell them like TRUMP told that jackass Romney GET ON YOUR KNEES lol

Sponsored

Riktar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lol figured I'd get that kind of response, Yolo brah.

Anyways in the case of [MENTION=18336]5.0onBoard[/MENTION] you just need to figure out how loud is "too loud" for you. We should probably figure out some way to measure decibel levels for reference going forward.

xknockx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
[ame] Music for the neighbors.

xknockx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang