Sponsored

So what's everyone's opinion on the CD GT350 fascia clone?

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Sure you can dump $20k into a 4 banger; it's still a 4 banger and the stock block is only built so strong before it fails.

Mine as well just bought the real thing from the start once you're done spending. $28-30k car and, what, 10-15k mods. Already over a modded GT. Approach the GT350 MSRP

Idk who you're "walking" at 11.84 though; or on a road course frankly. That's only a tick faster than a bone stock GT on the same drag slicks (after how many thousands dumped into the Eco- well over a GT cost now?). And on the road course you have GT's with the same beefed up suspension bits too but more power- the Eco Performance Pack and base GT share the same suspension/brakes.
Edited before response, good $10k including the "working mods"

Throw in some aero+paint now and you got a $40-45k 4 banger. Not my money but a bit puzzling to dump as much money into a 4 banger as the real deal 350 nearly.
Your math is way off, lol. I start off with a 200lb advantage over the nose- if you've done any racing that is huge.

1K for brakes- 6 pot Brembos
3k for intercooler, CAI, tune, and drag radials.
22K out the door on my EBM.

If we count mods for "looks" I have a whopping $200 "wasted".

26K :eyebulge:

Can I slap a TVS on and run 10's/9's? No, but dollar for dollar I'm going to go faster for less for quite some time.

I dyno'd at 353whp and 454wtq before I lost 120lbs out of the car. This is also before my latest tune revisions.

For 26K, it seems that is a pretty good deal. Can you even get a GT for 26? I don't know. I had a PP GT in finance before I changed my mind.

I love my V8's, but don't discount the 4's because of some silverback ideology.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

thanks yall!

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
I appreciate all the feedback on the GT PP splitter but I am going to wait to see what MMD puts out. According to Alex at AM they will be putting out a splitter similar yet not the same thing that was on their SEMA GT. Back to the OP, I like that fascia but of course, the GT350R is just gorgeous!!
Where does one find a replica PP front splitter, that fits on a non-PP car? I've searched and couldn't find anything other than the street scene

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Your math is way off, lol. I start off with a 200lb advantage over the nose- if you've done any racing that is huge.

1K for brakes- 6 pot Brembos
3k for intercooler, CAI, tune, and drag radials.
22K out the door on my EBM.

If we count mods for "looks" I have a whopping $200 "wasted".

26K :eyebulge:

Can I slap a TVS on and run 10's/9's? No, but dollar for dollar I'm going to go faster for less for quite some time.

I dyno'd at 353whp and 454wtq before I lost 120lbs out of the car. This is also before my latest tune revisions.

For 26K, it seems that is a pretty good deal. Can you even get a GT for 26? I don't know. I had a PP GT in finance before I changed my mind.

I love my V8's, but don't discount the 4's because of some silverback ideology.
Not to derail this more but biggest fallacy to your argument is the $22k out the door Eco auto. That's far from normal and roughly 25% below even X-plan pricing.

If you get the GT or GT350 that far under invoice they are equally cheap in relation; GT base auto $26k out the door and GT350 $37k out the door that same 25% under Xplan.

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
It looks off to me. Maybe due to the car being narrower and the gigantic lower splitter is modeled after the R

With that said I have a CS splitter on my non CS car :headbonk:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I think it looks awesome on a real GT350R. My OCD brain does not have an issue putting on Roush or Steeda or MMD etcetc parts because they are aftermarket companies. But to put a Ford model cloned part on a "lesser" model is something I can't do. When I see a GT350R coming at me, I want know that that's the real deal instead of wondering is this a fake. Since I had the Foose spoiler and Roush side scoops put on, I think my front end (the splitter) is lacking a little and so I bought a GT PP replica splitter to kick it up a notch. Well I'm having OCD conflict about putting it on because same reason. I don't own a GT PP and I don't want someone else to wonder at first glance coming at them is that the real deal or a fake. That's me.
Don't be worried about what others think. Put it on and enjoy the look! I have a CDC Outlaw spoiler, Cervinis lower side scoops and I would love to get a GT/CS front grill with the tribar , I'm not copying a CS, but I love the history and the look. That's all that matters to me .

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I like it. I don't like it enough to buy it and spend a day bolting it on my car. But I like it.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think we need more shots of the car from further away to get the full picture. You can never really tell when you've just got closeups of the part. We need to see the whole car from way further back.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I like it but it looks off without the GT350 hood and fenders.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Them Cloners!

I think it looks awesome on a real GT350R. My OCD brain does not have an issue putting on Roush or Steeda or MMD etcetc parts because they are aftermarket companies. But to put a Ford model cloned part on a "lesser" model is something I can't do. When I see a GT350R coming at me, I want know that that's the real deal instead of wondering is this a fake. Since I had the Foose spoiler and Roush side scoops put on, I think my front end (the splitter) is lacking a little and so I bought a GT PP replica splitter to kick it up a notch. Well I'm having OCD conflict about putting it on because same reason. I don't own a GT PP and I don't want someone else to wonder at first glance coming at them is that the real deal or a fake. That's me.
Well, you've got the 50th Appearance Package, so you don't have to worry about negative Clone comments.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Not to derail this more but biggest fallacy to your argument is the $22k out the door Eco auto. That's far from normal and roughly 25% below even X-plan pricing.

If you get the GT or GT350 that far under invoice they are equally cheap in relation; GT base auto $26k out the door and GT350 $37k out the door that same 25% under Xplan.
It's not an argument, I stated FACTS. You are the only one speculating. Get over it:crazy:

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
I like everything but the honeycomb front grill. I prefer the less busy look of just straight bars. If fit and finish were spot on I could see putting something like this on, but in my limited experience nothing ever fits and snaps on as easy as from the factory vanity wise.
Sponsored

Last edited: