Sponsored

So what's everyone's opinion on the CD GT350 fascia clone?

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
it's a fricking opinion, good gracious. people asked for opinions... it looks straight out retarded in person. that's my opinion. buy the goofy clone if you so desire. it's your money. yall forget I made this thread months ago right? when i had interest in it...until I saw it in person and on a DIB GT and glanced at the real thing 10 ft away and saw how awkward the clone is, I went NOPE then narrowed it down between steeda and roush eventually.

and post in 3rd person?????? ok... whatever.

yall can do whatever you want and whatever you like...noone here is making your payments.
Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
it's a fricking opinion, good gracious. people asked for opinions... it looks straight out retarded in person. that's my opinion. buy the goofy clone if you so desire. it's your money. yall forget I made this thread months ago right? when i had interest in it...until I saw it in person and on a DIB GT and glanced at the real thing 10 ft away and saw how awkward the clone is, I went NOPE then narrowed it down between steeda and roush eventually.

yall can do whatever you want and whatever you like...noone here is making your payments.
Yes, its your opinion and you are completely entitled to it and it is much appreciated, at least by me. However, I think the redundancy in restating your opinion several times was unnecessary, but its not breaking any rules so I couldn't care less. I stand by my opinion that the clones look good and will wait to see more. I think with the right set up it would look fine.

Jak112460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

I think when you say something looks retarded or stupid or any other insulting adjective to other people who like the facia is kind of like insulting them personally. These modifications are really an emotional thing and people take the criticisms as a personal thing. Honestly the facials don't look retarded or stupid or whatever. Somebody even said it looks nothing like the GT 350 facia when it clearly does. When someone asks and opinion I don't think they are looking to be told something looks stupid or retarded or looks nothing like what it's supposed to. Some of the companies making these items are run by enthusiasts and I commend them for their efforts. I want more stuff. I wish somebody would make the spoiler that the Petty Mustang has.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i never said stupid or retarded until last post. All i said was look odd and strange because it's not as wide and that's what makes it look strange. yall just need to see the real vs the clone side by side in real life and have some time to really pay attention, that's all.

anyways, doesn't really matter.

Jak112460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lol. My post wasn't directed at one person. It was more of a generalization.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
nah all good.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
Well, a local has the gt350 clone from anderson, and I haven't heard a single bad thing spoken about it with like 50 people that flock to his car every time he pulls up to one of our meets.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Lol, I agree with you. Roush fascia doesn't do it for me. It's almost there... I like how it changes the grille opening from the ford fusion style shape to something a little more flatter and agressive, but they squander that with the sea of black plastic on the bottom. The relocated fogs don't look good, and they'd be better in the stock location, imo, since it's just empty space.

Just my two cents.

Not really happy with the gt350 fascia clones either, and the steeda one... well I don't see the point. It's only slightly different, and I'd argue it's not better than stock... just different.

I'm just saving myself the headache of storing/selling a fascia by keeping the stock one. Unless someone comes out with something that really wows me.
I didn't care for the placement of the fogs on the Roush either, it's what kept it off my build list.

I wish someone would come out with body colored accent bits that would mount under the turn signal lenses for the OE bumper !

Basically, like these - don't care for it on the headlight lenses, but would be a nice addition under the turn signals:
1462547634.m15-6005.jpg

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well, a local has the gt350 clone from anderson, and I haven't heard a single bad thing spoken about it with like 50 people that flock to his car every time he pulls up to one of our meets.
To be fair most people wouldnt know the different between a Hyundai Genesis coupe and an Astin Martin (both winged logos) without the brand name badge on the car.

People flock because they probably think its the real deal from photos online and dont really know any better. People generally clone for [false] attention mostly.

I think the blue one I posted 15 posts up at the top of this page is just as attention grabbing, and aggressive looking, without trying to pretend to be anything near a Shelby. It's the same to me as putting a Brembo sticker on non-Brembo (Eco and non-PP GT) brakes- and I dont have the PP either to be bias. Who cares what brand they are/look like. It's just trying to pretend honestly or make others think who aren't educated on the topic.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
I think when you say something looks retarded or stupid or any other insulting adjective to other people who like the facia is kind of like insulting them personally. These modifications are really an emotional thing and people take the criticisms as a personal thing.
Take that hippy liberal crap somewhere else. It's just a car, and a criticism of design, nothing personal. I love my car as much as the next enthusiast, but if it gets totaled or stolen no skin off my ass, I'll just buy another one. It's metal, glass, plastic and rubber. Lighten up.

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
To be fair most people wouldnt know the different between a Hyundai Genesis coupe and an Astin Martin (both winged logos) without the brand name badge on the car.

People flock because they probably think its the real deal from photos online and dont really know any better. People generally clone for [false] attention mostly.

I think the blue one I posted 15 posts up at the top of this page is just as attention grabbing, and aggressive looking, without trying to pretend to be anything near a Shelby. It's the same to me as putting a Brembo sticker on non-Brembo (Eco and non-PP GT) brakes- and I dont have the PP either to be bias. Who cares what brand they are/look like. It's just trying to pretend honestly or make others think who aren't educated on the topic.

I agree with some of what you're saying here. And I actually think yours is one of the best looking on the forum. However, I do like the clone bumper, not because I want my to pretend I have a GT350 but because I genuinely love the way it looks. I could have afforded a GT350 (barely lol) but with it being limited production, daily driven, and being a pita to track down, I figured a regular GT would be a better compromise, plus I don't feel bad modifying it. If I put cobra emblems all over my car then I could see the problem, but I just want the bumper. For now I will patiently wait to see if anything else comes out. I am particularly waiting to see if Ford gives the s550 a facelift for 2017 or possibly 18.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I agree with some of what you're saying here. And I actually think yours is one of the best looking on the forum. However, I do like the clone bumper, not because I want my to pretend I have a GT350 but because I genuinely love the way it looks. I could have afforded a GT350 (barely lol) but with it being limited production, daily driven, and being a pita to track down, I figured a regular GT would be a better compromise, plus I don't feel bad modifying it. If I put cobra emblems all over my car then I could see the problem, but I just want the bumper. For now I will patiently wait to see if anything else comes out. I am particularly waiting to see if Ford gives the s550 a facelift for 2017 or possibly 18.
Not mine off the APR website. Just like their splitter.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Not mine off the APR website. Just like their splitter.
Ahhh, I know that guy is on the here somewhere. The splitter has grown on me a lot since this guy posted pictures of it.
Sponsored