Sponsored

So what's everyone's opinion on the CD GT350 fascia clone?

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Seeing the 350 in person, especially in Black, is quite intimidating. That front fascia really makes the stance aggressive. I'd be 100% buying this if it has good quality.

I'd laugh at someone with a stock car that has this done. If you've gone through and modded the powertrain/suspension first to be a monster, than modified the exterior, that's alright with me.
Sponsored

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
I think the main issue is the front fenders I believe are wider on the 350 (to handle the wider front wheels) and the fenders are narrower on the regular Mustang making it look even goofier and out of place.
Yes, the front fenders, bumper are wider on the GT350. I should have taken pictures at the auto show when I was nitpicking the front end to see the differences. Where the fenders mate up to the bumper it's completely obvious the larger surface area next to the headlight vs the regular cars.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I'd laugh at someone with a stock car that has this done. If you've gone through and modded the powertrain/suspension first to be a monster, than modified the exterior, that's alright with me.
that makes no sense...so mod stuff noone can see justify's putting on a gt350 bumper lol?

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
that makes no sense...so mod stuff noone can see justify's putting on a gt350 bumper lol?
Just my view of it. If you make an aggressive looking car, it better be able to put up. If you make it look aggressive, but it just has a tune and exhaust, I'd say you should've spent the $$ elsewhere first.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yes, the front fenders, bumper are wider on the GT350. I should have taken pictures at the auto show when I was nitpicking the front end to see the differences. Where the fenders mate up to the bumper it's completely obvious the larger surface area next to the headlight vs the regular cars.
It's definitely that. It looks like it stick forward further because the body is narrower and its trying to be aggressive in a narrower space.

It just looks off to me big time. I personally think the part quality looks great, but you could make a nice custom front end with upper and lower grills and a bigger aggressive splitter (Steeda, APR, California Special) for less money (after paint cost for that thing)

Ive seen cars with the APR splitter, the only that has struts to the bumper, and customer grills that love a lot more aggressive than these pics here.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just my view of it. If you make an aggressive looking car, it better be able to put up. If you make it look aggressive, but it just has a tune and exhaust, I'd say you should've spent the $$ elsewhere first.
I have to disagree a bit. Unless it's rocking a Voodoo engine and wasn't a 350 off the line, it shouldn't be pretending to be a GT350 look.

You want to make a 800hp supercharged monster and make it aggressive looking with a big splitter and custom no pony logo grill (or grill delete) by all means. Some users here have some pretty bad ass looking and powerful cars. If I wanted to blow my factory warranty already only 12 months in and having bought the extended out to 5 years for the electronics and at a good price, Id probably do it too frankly.

I dont think slapping on a whipple justifies trying to pretend its a GT350 though.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I have to disagree a bit. Unless it's rocking a Voodoo engine and wasn't a 350 off the line, it shouldn't be pretending to be a GT350 look.

You want to make a 800hp supercharged monster and make it aggressive looking with a big splitter and custom no pony logo grill (or grill delete) by all means. Some users here have some pretty bad ass looking and powerful cars. If I wanted to blow my factory warranty already Id probably do it too frankly.

I dont think slapping on a whipple justifies trying to pretend its a GT350 though.
Yeah, and I can see that. I just vastly prefer the 350 front fascia. I could see them doing something similar to the 2011-12 GT500 where they took that front fascia and pretty much made it the 13-14 front fascia design and messed with the fog light area.

Just not a fan of the lower valence/fog light area on the new models. :shrug: I like the Roush look too, and it would probably be the direction I'd go though because of your first statement.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I like the Roush look too and it's not really "posing" nearly as much since they offer a stock Eco and GT with Roush aero.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I like the Roush look too and it's not really "posing" nearly as much since they offer a stock Eco and GT with Roush aero.
yeah roush isn't posing when they sell it directly to the consumer as an r7 kit. people still call it cloning though but it's no different than roush doing it to a gt or us lol. i think it's different though trying to pass off a gt as a gt350...as ford doesn't offer us a gt350 conversion kit with a voodoo engine lol.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
yeah roush isn't posing when they sell it directly to the consumer as an r7 kit. people still call it cloning though but it's no different than roush doing it to a gt or us lol. i think it's different though trying to pass off a gt as a gt350...as ford doesn't offer us a gt350 conversion kit with a voodoo engine lol.
I'ts hard to pose if the company sells each piece direct to customer I agree. It's not any more cloning than sending it to Roush; you don't have to get every piece they offer but rather its a la carte. I could send it to them and say I want the front end, exhaust rear diffuser and wing and that's it and they'd surely do it. No different in your driveway really IMO.

The wont serial number it a Roush car, but they'll do the build for sure.

Plus their stage 2 is nothing more than a body kit and some dress-up really- same engine. Only power increase is when you get to a stage 3 which is badged differently anyway.

I like their front end and rear diffuser more than anything offered aftermarket; plus you're getting really OEM fit and finish since they work with Ford

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Sorry but as a true Mustang fan if I saw one of these on a car in person (even worse and Eco or V6), or even worse with stick-on vented fenders, trying to pretend to be a 350 I would laugh at you. Just my personal opinion but clones are lame. Wanna customize your car with aftermarket interesting splitters etc, that's cool and personal to you. But cloning screams lame/poser to me.
True mustang fan? I thought the original Mustang concept was order it how you want it. Ford doesn't do that nowadays probably because of manufacturing costs, but the concept still lives on.

I don't think anyone interested in this really wants to "clone" or "pose" as a 350. It's a classy, aggressive, and very well done design.

With your logic I guess my poor little ecoboost is a GT poser because I use the GT grill.

Even worse is the GT350 TP spoiler I'm putting on it.

Hodgepodge of posing I guess. Either way, it's going to look damn good while walking cars at the track.

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
Sub

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
True mustang fan? I thought the original Mustang concept was order it how you want it. Ford doesn't do that nowadays probably because of manufacturing costs, but the concept still lives on.

I don't think anyone interested in this really wants to "clone" or "pose" as a 350. It's a classy, aggressive, and very well done design.

With your logic I guess my poor little ecoboost is a GT poser because I use the GT grill.

Even worse is the GT350 TP spoiler I'm putting on it.

Hodgepodge of posing I guess. Either way, it's going to look damn good while walking cars at the track.
Sure you can dump $20k into a 4 banger; it's still a 4 banger and the stock block is only built so strong before it fails.

Mine as well just bought the real thing from the start once you're done spending. $28-30k car and, what, 10-15k mods. Already over a modded GT. Approach the GT350 MSRP

Idk who you're "walking" at 11.84 though; or on a road course frankly. That's only a tick faster than a bone stock GT on the same drag slicks (after how many thousands dumped into the Eco- well over a GT cost now?). And on the road course you have GT's with the same beefed up suspension bits too but more power- the Eco Performance Pack and base GT share the same suspension/brakes.

Last edited:

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Sure you can dump $20k into a 4 banger; it's still a 4 banger and the stock block is only built so strong before it explodes.

Mine as well just bought the real thing once you're done spending. $25-30k car and 20k mods.

Idk who you're "walking" at 11.84 though, or on a road course frankly. That's only a tick faster than a bone stock GT on the same drag slicks (after how many thousands dumped into the Eco). And on the road course you have GT's with the same beefed up suspension bits too but more power. The Eco Performance Pack and base GT share the same suspension/brakes and the GTPP is a step above both before going custom.
His mods aren't close to $20k..

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
His mods aren't close to $20k..
Edited before response, good $10k including the "working mods"

Throw in some aero+paint now and you got a $40-45k 4 banger. Not my money but a bit puzzling to dump as much money into a 4 banger as the real deal 350 nearly.
Sponsored