Sponsored

Put a deposit on a new car- you guys going to laugh.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Imo if you just enjoy the car on the street like a normal person the engine will be fine. They just don't like being on the limits for extended periods. Use 93 octane and good oil and change interval and it should be fine.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
the one I drove was a base, and the music, was meh, I did research and the ones in premium are higher grade and more power, and more speakers, so I was adequate with base speakers, I bet the premium + the stock sub I will probably be more than content.
Yes, I agree. I owned a base model and the sound system isn't very good. One thing I recommend you do right away is have the dealer turn off the piped-in engine sound. You can disable it yourself, but why not have the dealer do it? My understanding is it's simple for them.

Anyway, the engine noise the car plays over the speakers is too loud and it didn't sound good at all to me.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Don't rev the crap out of it when the engine is cold. Horizontally opposed engines will burn oil a lot easier than more conventional layouts.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I agree. I owned a base model and the sound system isn't very good. One thing I recommend you do right away is have the dealer turn off the piped-in engine sound. You can disable it yourself, but why not have the dealer do it? My understanding is it's simple for them.

Anyway, the engine noise the car plays over the speakers is too loud and it didn't sound good at all to me.
that was immediately realized when I drove it today, I did same thing with EcoBoost.
Imo if you just enjoy the car on the street like a normal person the engine will be fine. They just don't like being on the limits for extended periods. Use 93 octane and good oil and change interval and it should be fine.
I sure hope so! think im doing it! the test drive was fun.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Don't rev the crap out of it when the engine is cold. Horizontally opposed engines will burn oil a lot easier than more conventional layouts.
honestly, im really easy on vehicles. im a baby with them. will romp and have fun when warmed up, but its primarily summer commuter, and play toy 2nd. or play toy first, commuter 2nd. but I take care of my items

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I certainly can't fault anyone for going to a smaller and lighter car. I did the same thing. I enjoy driving a lot more when I don't have a lot of mass and weight to contend with. Some of the most fun I ever had driving was with a base model, beat-up Mini.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I certainly can't fault anyone for going to a smaller and lighter car. I did the same thing. I enjoy driving a lot more when I don't have a lot of mass and weight to contend with. Some of the most fun I ever had driving was with a base model, beat-up Mini.
Agreed!

Most fun car Iā€™ve had was a ā€˜94 Miata - new at the time. You bang through 3 gears so hard and fast you felt you were driving a race car - without even breaking the speed limit! So fun to autocross.

Iā€™d love another one - but not sure Iā€™d fit anymore lol.

OP - enjoy the car. Fun to drive. More about the pleasure than the speed.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Agreed!

Most fun car Iā€™ve had was a ā€˜94 Miata - new at the time. You bang through 3 gears so hard and fast you felt you were driving a race car - without even breaking the speed limit! So fun to autocross.

I had an 84 RX-7 and that thing was a lot of fun. Different kind of fun, but enough fun to remember it for sure.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Agreed!

I had a 93 Miata many years ago. Actually it was a Monster Miata conversion that was poorly done. I didn't keep it long, so no way to tell if it would have been fun with a proper conversion. A great idea ruined by cheap execution.

My son-in-law put a set of headers on his Subaru. It definitely changes the sound cadence, kind of sounds like a Harley. But, I'm hearing impaired and that's with my hearings aid adjusted.

Last edited:

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Just buy a Corvette.......... I went to Bowling Green, and 3rd time must be the charm. Hook is set, and this is what I configured........

image (20).jpg

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I don't know. C8 felt numb. It's amazingly competent sure. But didn't require any skill or feedback from the driver.

That's the reality with any modern performance car..... SO compettent that you have to be at go to jail (or morgue) speeds to feel anything.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just buy a Corvette.......... I went to Bowling Green, and 3rd time must be the charm. Hook is set, and this is what I configured........

image (20).jpg
honestly, those vets would get me in trouble in a pickle. (never driven one) but from what I read, bullets. lol id lose my license jk. hope you love your car! beautiful

Last edited:

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Guy at work has the exact same GR86 you configured. We drove each others cars back to back and I was really surprised and impressed by it. Very light and nimble compared to my hog but lacking the sound and power. However, If I was on a lower budget and didn't "need" a V8, I'd get one.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Guy at work has the exact same GR86 you configured. We drove each others cars back to back and I was really surprised and impressed by it. Very light and nimble compared to my hog but lacking the sound and power. However, If I was on a lower budget and didn't "need" a V8, I'd get one.
Thatā€™s great news. Found out my build date is April 26, so Iā€™m expecting it in June.
I bit the bullet and Iā€™m paying $2500 for full front + headlights + a pillar / roof / mirrors etc ppf xpel ultimate + 45% xpel ceramic xr plus ceramic tint on left right and back window. Leaving front alone.

I did same for mustang and there wasnā€™t a single nick anywhere.
Sucks though, pricy. 10 year labor/warranty on PPF and lifetime on tint

chose a place that legit has 2000 5 star reviews called eclipse tint in Cincinnati 500 4.9 on fb and 1500 on google
They even provide a loaner car which works for me since Iā€™m an hour away

I called xpel to make sure Iā€™m covered warranty from them, they said ah yeah eclipse is one of their biggest purchasers/partnerships in my area. They said youā€™ll be in good hands.

reassuring! I donā€™t know, I just donā€™t crave the most hp I can get. Hell I ride a Zuma 125 as a daily in summer for work. Itā€™s a blast commuting with its whopping 8hp

IMG_8946.png

IMG_8948.png

IMG_8947.png
Sponsored