MAY 2016 SALES

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
When the round (OK, half-round) taillights went away, one of the car magazines designated the Camaro restyle one of the "10 worst car changes of the year."
Agreed. I liked what they did with the headlights in the refresh, but the taillights were (and still are) horrid.
Sponsored

BFGT15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT
I think Mustang pricing of the GT is a big reason for overall mustang sales - there's a big difference in justifying a purchase of the base GT for around 30k or so versus the base SS for high thirties.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Buh buh just wait for the turbo? buh buh wait for the ZL1

Buh buh new excuse of the day.

Problem is Ford's base model is the V6 at $24k, Eco $25.5k.

Chevy's base is the turbo (only 275hp) and starts at just under $27k, the V6 starting at $28k (base models stick).

Their prices are more expensive than the comparable Mustang by a few thousand dollars. $3,000 is a lot to people for a base model sub $30k car.

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
I have to admit that I wander over to Camaro G6 every once in a while for a good laugh. The thread that is running over there about the May sales figures is definitely great entertainment! The best comment "everything is going according to plan with GM and Camaro sales" or the classic "it makes my car very unique". The Camaro boys are wading in quicksand and haven't figured it out yet. Oh that sinking feeling!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
:ford::ford::ford::ford:

Sponsored

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting for the usual suspects to show up in the thread and explain why less sales for the Camaro is good and all according to the GM "plan".
"We don't know what GM's and Ford's profit margins are on the Camaro and Mustang. Camaro could be making GM more per unit so it's still successful."

^ is what I've seen a few times. :crazy:

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Chevy is going to have to start giving incentives. They are getting murdered over there.
GM needed to redesign the camaro ASAP to get any success in sales. With out of the box performance they wouldn't have any sales.

Now I wonder Camaro will stay in production for 7G, and how are GM redesign going to look, Mustang look alike?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
There are several resounds for Mustangs success. For those on the fence about which car pricing is a factor you get a lot of content in the Mustang for a lot less that camaro. Looks is another factor the Mustang looks new with out losing the Mustang flavor the camaro looks like the car it replaces and that look is getting stale. Mustang also has that mystic it talks to us, invites us to drive it and becomes part of us. There are some out there who buy a car for the performance numbers but most of us buy a car because it says something to us.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I'm going to be honest, I have tried really hard to find a G6 Camaro in the wild. I just cannot tell the difference, I don't think I've seen one but I'm not sure enough to know that I haven't.

That's a huge problem for a major redesign. I think I saw an SS the other day, but I couldn't see the little top hood vents so I'm not entirely sure but the grill looked squished just right with the gaping whale mouth lower so maybe. Either way, lol.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
I have to admit that I wander over to Camaro G6 every once in a while for a good laugh. The thread that is running over there about the May sales figures is definitely great entertainment! The best comment "everything is going according to plan with GM and Camaro sales" or the classic "it makes my car very unique". The Camaro boys are wading in quicksand and haven't figured it out yet. Oh that sinking feeling!
Camaro6g needed a threat call "Camaro6G guys are loosing it":cheers:

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Their sales thread is much more entertaining.

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
Anytime you say car company X is glad car model Y isn't selling as much or more than its lead competitor, you know you've lost the plot.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am not really surprised to see the Challenger top the Camaro in sales. The Challenger is just a nice pleasing looking conservative design. It does have some really nice looking appearance packages and has good strong engines. Hellcat !, need I say more ?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Camaro6g needed a threat call "Camaro6G guys are loosing it":cheers:
LOL That would push a few of the nitwits right over the edge. I completely love to read their sales thread every month. I just don't get it. It takes a full bolt on Mustang to keep up with my world class sports car.:crazy: We have a Corvette for half the price.:doh:Where are the cocky guys that were giggling in the Mustang6g guys are losing it thread now???

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
I personally think they went to safe with the styling. I still catch myself trying to figure out if it is a 15 or a 16. It has gotten easier for me though as I have seen more 6th gen cars in the wild now.
When they unveiled it I kept an eye on the comments section over the months in various articles before you could purchase one.

I would read overwhelming time and again from people in the comments section that they didn't do enough to change it's looks. I figured at the time this was bad news for it. At first I had a difficult time telling them apart.

I had one incident not to long ago were one was coming down the street at me and I thought for sure it was the 6G. But it wasn't. I've only seen a few out in the wild so far but that stands to reason as it reflects in the sales numbers. Which, I gotta believe in part is due to the same ol' worn out look.

The S550 looks like, you know, a NEW car! lol
I think the Camaro sells sucks because you gotta spend close to 40K just to get into a base model.

I can't hate the caramo, it's a beast now with the less weight but like stated the rear is just so ugly. Like the designers said F it. Were done. haha
And this is the other issue with it. Not only does it look the same it's also pricy. I wonder at what point they need to sell to make a profit. I would certainly think that after all the R&D on a car like this they would hope to sell more then the measly 5827 units they sold. Those figures are downright pathetic...
Sponsored