Sponsored

MAY 2016 SALES

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Nice to see a double digit month for the Mustang but looks like May was a slow month across the board huh?
Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting for the usual suspects to show up in the thread and explain why less sales for the Camaro is good and all according to the GM "plan". Reality is, not many people find the new Camaro that appealing. End of story.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Waiting for the usual suspects to show up in the thread and explain why less sales for the Camaro is good and all according to the GM "plan". Reality is, not many people find the new Camaro that appealing. End of story.
I personally think they went to safe with the styling. I still catch myself trying to figure out if it is a 15 or a 16. It has gotten easier for me though as I have seen more 6th gen cars in the wild now.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I was lurking over there this morning and even the die hard faithful are "perplexed" about why the car isn't selling..

Of course you have the people who say it's the holdouts for the ZL1, Z/28 and 1LE lol.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I personally think they went to safe with the styling. I still catch myself trying to figure out if it is a 15 or a 16. It has gotten easier for me though as I have seen more 6th gen cars in the wild now.
I have a very good eye for this sort of thing, and I still have trouble sometimes. I pulled up near one yesterday morning, and the back is just terrible. The front they did a half decent job on, which I see every day since I pass the GM dealer. The back looks so, so plain. The S550 annihilates it from the rear or rear 3/4 view.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
The Mustang almost always beats the Camaro in sales. The Mustang is timeless. It's the reason we classify cars as "pony" cars. It was the first and still the best in my view.

That said, having come from another Chevy with the LT1 engine, I can tell you that these things will take 750 RWHP, stock. It is a monster engine.

Another thing about the mustang is the sound. No matter how much power the LT1 can put down, the mustang firing order always sounds better. More gutsy. It takes me back to my youth.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I was lurking over there this morning and even the die hard faithful are "perplexed" about why the car isn't selling..

Of course you have the people who say it's the holdouts for the ZL1, Z/28 and 1LE lol.
That might represent 5000-10000 buyers total. Considering it will likely be late in the year when they become available for delivery, I don't see much of a sales impact.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Lol..KMPregner, ever warrior of the faithful, has said that maybe GM should do advertising explaining "why the Camaro is worth the price".

It's not a Ferrari you asshole, it's a Camaro. It doesn't matter if it's "worth the price" if the price is too high given the current market and other options!

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
Margins aren't there for them to cut prices much either. If anything I see prices going up every year on the new camaro.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Margins aren't there for them to cut prices much either. If anything I see prices going up every year on the new camaro.
Pretty much, they can't really go down, and if they keep going up too fast it'll only make the problem worse.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
American consumers are showing us what they prefer in a sportscar: style, performance, class and value. The Mustang has all 4. The Camaro has just 1.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I have a very good eye for this sort of thing, and I still have trouble sometimes. I pulled up near one yesterday morning, and the back is just terrible. The front they did a half decent job on, which I see every day since I pass the GM dealer. The back looks so, so plain. The S550 annihilates it from the rear or rear 3/4 view.
And I think the rear end is the only part they got right on the 6th Gen Camaro haha. But yes to my eyes, the S550 is the more attractive car as well.

Looking at the numbers for all of GM and all pf Ford, looks like it was a rough month sales wise.
Sponsored