Sponsored

MAY 2016 SALES

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Chevy is going to have to start giving incentives. They are getting murdered over there.
Sponsored

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not the best sales figures last month.

I have an affection for Mustangs and have always had one. But I do like competition, that is what drives the development for all involved in the business. In the end this gives us (the buyers) better cars.

Side note: Ford - please bring the GT350 to Europe. Pretty please?

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My sports car of choice has always been the mustang, but I did have a Iroc
back in the day. I believe one thing that has always kept GM sales down are prices compared to ford. Who wants to pay 40k plus a base sis, when you can get a base gt for 30 or so, with a lot of cash left for mods.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
They're at each other's throats over there regarding the sales numbers!

skeeter

MAGA
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradford
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
:first::ford:

S550 success!

Sponsored

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Shouldn't we have had someone from Camaro 6 tell us about rental fleets about now?
I would like to see GT to SS numbers broken out but don't think we will see it.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Shouldn't we have had someone from Camaro 6 tell us about rental fleets about now?
I would like to see GT to SS numbers broken out but don't think we will see it.
No kidding. Maybe GM should reconsider selling more Camaro volume to fleets. That seems to be the only way they will be able to move them!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Another good month.:thumbsup:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
No kidding. Maybe GM should reconsider selling more Camaro volume to fleets. That seems to be the only way they will be able to move them!
I don't really want to get into the whole sales thing, it is what it is, but I wanted to say that there are a ton of rental Camaros around here from the Airport. Contrary to popular belief they are being sold to rental fleets.

I believe the reason that the Challenger outsold the Camaro as well is because of the current 24 month lease at $159/mo for a Challenger SXT.. damn cheap to get into a 300+ hp rear wheel drive pony car.

I just want to see healthy competition across the board to keep these cars exciting.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
I wonder if there is a regional breakdown available. I see more mustangs than bow ties, but I see quite a surprising number of challengers. Not my thing but a very distinctive car.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I look forward to these threads every month.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I think the Camaro sells sucks because you gotta spend close to 40K just to get into a base model.

I can't hate the caramo, it's a beast now with the less weight but like stated the rear is just so ugly. Like the designers said F it. Were done. haha

mrblanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I have a very good eye for this sort of thing, and I still have trouble sometimes. I pulled up near one yesterday morning, and the back is just terrible. The front they did a half decent job on, which I see every day since I pass the GM dealer. The back looks so, so plain. The S550 annihilates it from the rear or rear 3/4 view.
When the round (OK, half-round) taillights went away, one of the car magazines designated the Camaro restyle one of the "10 worst car changes of the year."

Nine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yesterday I saw what was the 3rd 6th Gen Camaro I've come across on the road, and all it did was reinforce that the car is ugly. It looks like they gave a focus group of 10 year old boys a fistful of crayons and told them to draw something "cool." I probably see 2 or 3 S550 cars a day when I'm driving around by comparison. Beyond the new Camaro being ugly it's just too expensive and the overwhelming majority of buyers simply don't care that the SS is slightly faster than a S550 GT (again, for thousands of dollars more.) Your average car buyer looks at the Camaro and compares it to the Mustang and sees it as an expensive car that's likely considerably less attractive and where the only positive point (the slight performance advantage stock vs. stock) is something they probably don't care about.
Sponsored