Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Article courtesy of CarBuzz:
https://www.thedrive.com/news/a-public-nuisance-laguna-secas-neighbors-sue-track-want-it-shut-down

This is just BS… these homeowners know what they’re getting into when buying a home near ANY track. If they don’t like the noise, don’t move near any existing track.
Cleetus at the Freedom Factory is going to have these problems as well unfortunately , given he is a lawyer by trade he has slowed it down by addressing it before the homes were built but that statute wont last . In my city the speedway was shut down last year due to the urban sprawl . Track was built in 70's when there was no houses . It's going to be an ongoing issue unfortunately

rpinkstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Magnetic Metallic
Wow. This has happened to a bunch of outdoor gun ranges around the country, including a couple near me. A neighboorhood or two get built too close to an existing and established outdoor range then, within a couple of years, a group forms and starts pushing to shut the range down-supposedly because of noise. I had not thougt about this happening to tracks also. Those home buyers must be thinking, "Yeah, I'll buy this home next to that awful noisy place for cheap now then organize my neighbors to have it shut down later!" Sheesh!

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 86 SVO, 24 S5, 74 MGB GT
Next will be dumba$$'s moving next to airports and complaining about the noise!

Maybe all the tracks should start to WELCOME EV'S!!!! Their quiet aren't they!! LOL!!!

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It happened here on several occasions with 1/4 mile ovals. Between the law suits, escalating property values and taxes, it just made sense to sell. I don't know how Union Grove dragstrip manages to survive.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Next will be dumba$$'s moving next to airports and complaining about the noise!
they do that a LOT. That's why there are time and approach restrictions on SJC and many others. The county/state court needs to toss every one of these and beat the petitioners with their own filings.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
It's the same group of people who buy houses next to an airport then sue them because the planes are loud

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The track owners need to approach this with a scorched earth policy and counter sue for every thing under the sun. Harassment, loss of revenue, etc. That should include going property by property and making sure everything is to the t’s as permitting and code compliance is concerned. McFarland in Fl was successful in having the county write in to every deed that basically any issu’es with the existing track will not be tolerated nor actionable.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A couple of years ago a plan was hatched to build a motorsports park (with ~3-mile track) near me, and noise was one of many factors to be considered. I'd give my left nut to have such a thing ten minutes from my house. I haven't heard that it's officially dead yet, but I'd be willing to bet that noise and/or impact to wildlife (close to a lake) will do it in.