The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I would post this up just for fun. Now that we’re hitting the nice spring and summer months. How often do you wash your car? If you don’t wash it in the winter time don’t count that, just when it’s super nice from say April to September. I myself am every two weeks for the GT. The M1 is wiped down after every weekend drive so technically never dirty but I give her a bath every month or so.
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Every week(ish) in the summer time. Thanks to @DFB5.0 I was able to build a hand wash detail kit that allows me to put my heavy metal music on and tune the world out for an hour or two.

After the beadlocks and new meat I plan on getting a power washer and that will be fun too.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I used to be every week(ish) myself. I would love to get back to once a week. Driving the M1 on the weekends takes out of my time. :rockon:

Sycostang67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2015 Mustang, 2001 Ram, 2012 Wrangle
I wash it when it looks dirty. The nice thing about a yellow car is it takes awhile to look dirty. When it does get a bath I try to maintain it with spray detailer until I get caught in the rain.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Once a month for me. Car lives in the garage and is driven maybe twice weekly. Takes awhile to get dirty

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I voted every two weeks as that’s probably the average. There are some weeks (if it rains a lot, lots of pollen, etc) where I’ll wash it once a week because I can’t stand my car being dirty 🤣. Usually in the hot, dry months of July and August I’ll go the full 2 weeks between washes.

Winter time I get to a car wash (the DIY spray washes, NOT the automatic ones) as often as the temperature allows to get salt and crap off the car.

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I just washed my 2019 for the second time in 5 years. Garaged with 10k miles, no rain. California Duster and Meguiar Detailer are normally used every 3 weeks during the Summer.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am with everyone that it depends on where you live. Basically there’s no winter as far as I’m concerned in California so I get to wash my car a lot more and keep it perfect as far as I’m concerned. The M1 only has 1600 miles in about a year and three months so she’s never dirty but I try take care of her the best I can.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I've gotten into the habit of cleaning the wheels once a week. The exterior doesn't get dirty too quickly, so clean wheels freshens the overall appearance. And it's easier removing a week's worth brake dust and road grit versus two or three.

Once a week, I'll "dust" or casually wipe down the interior, shake out the floor mats.

Every other week, I'll wash and dry the entire car.

A complete car detailing takes place a few times a season.

Currently using three buckets. Two for body (wash and rinse). One for wheels only. Different color microfibers for different purposes.

Light Blue: body
Dark Blue: wheels, tires and exhaust tips
Yellow: leather and vinyl
White: glass and electronics

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I typically clean mine at least once a week in the warmer months typically after my weekend drive, I clean before putting away for the work week. I have transitioned to Rinse Less for my quick cleans for when it isn't that dirty and it works fantastic. At least every other week, a more thorough wash especially for the wheels. My wheels don't show brake dust as bad any more with the color they are... My daily driver definitely gets it every week as I drive over 1000 miles a week most weeks.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I voted 1x a week, but that is bare minimum. My car is black, and so are my wheels. I daily it about 500 miles a week, so it gets dirty. I have gotten almost obsessed with the front windshield too. I can't STAND when it's dirty.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
My daily driver definitely gets it every week as I drive over 1000 miles a week most weeks.
Yo, Alex, that's a chidtload of MILES!

I have gotten almost obsessed with the front windshield too. I can't STAND when it's dirty.
Based on Brett's (@The Demon) poll, it would appear that most of us here suffer from uncontrollable obsession as way over half are out there at least every two weeks, Jason. All us crazies probably need to see a doctor. <laughing>

I picked every two weeks but, my situation is the same as SS's (@sms2022,) and my girl might get driven once or twice a week max and only in good weather so time between baths varies a good bit. Just turned over 4500miles and Sarah is a '20.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Yo, Alex, that's a chidtload of MILES!
Yep, barely 2 years old and has 82K miles :) Still clicking right along and looks halfway decent :) She's a 10 footer at this point, the front bumper looks like a mine field...

IMG_0845.jpeg

GregR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
My Mustang is a weekend driver garage queen. I hand wash it with a waterless wash, I never use water.

TriNova Waterless Car Wash and Wax Kit - Bug Remover - Clean and Protect Paint of Truck, SUV, Boat, RV or Vehicle with one Quick Application. Concentrated Formula for Best Value https://a.co/d/f5xYyPG

My other Toyota daily driver I probably wash once a month.
Sponsored