HELLION TURBO ---1416 RWHP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Huge Congrats guys and thank you for the engine business!! For those looking this is a MMR Pro Mod 1500 series shortblock, they utilize a proprietary thick sleeve and machine work to make this bad boy handle 1500+ RWHP, looks like Hellion is truly putting it to the test!!

Congrats to the Hellion guys and gals again!!

For those looking we have linked the shortblock below:

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...page=product_info&cPath=23_62&products_id=616

MMR
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
$7K is a GREAT price!

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
+1

Would be great for the community to see what sort of correction factor you're seeing at altitude.

I see on Wikipedia: Albuquerque has an elevation that ranges from 4,900 feet (1,490 m) above sea level near the Rio Grande (in the Valley) to over 6,700 feet (1,950 m) in the foothill areas of Sandia Heights and Glenwood Hills.

No question the car made that number corrected, but I think in all fairness, a little more disclosure would be appropriate for the general consumer.

Most customers don't understand how correction factors work and think they will replicate this at sea level....which won't happen.

You're not obligated to post this data, but I think it would be good business practice to do so....for those in the know ;)

Hello.

We have been replicating dynos of this magnitude at various elevations for years. Our 20+ years of experience with turbocharging, dynos, elevation, correction, and on track testing, suggest we are not confusing our customers.

We have gone over this in the past, but just to make sure this thread is not derailed, we will re-post our response from the last time you brought this up.

Here is the link:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34565

This short answer is that the uncorrected numbers vary from dyno to dyno. Higher elevation will correct up, lower elevation and higher air density will correct down. The correction is the base we and everyone should use, hence correction.

The dyno numbers we show are accurate and are repeated on dynos all over the world. These numbers are also represented at the racetrack, by not just us, but by our customers.

Team Hellion

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Thanks for clearing the correction factors up! Incredible results from turbos . No supercharger will do that to my knowledge

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Thanks for clearing the correction factors up! Incredible results from turbos . No supercharger will do that to my knowledge
Youd be incorrect. I dont believe anyone is running blowers that big on s550s at this time But there is centri and pd blowers that can make that and more.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Youd be incorrect. I dont believe anyone is running blowers that big on s550s at this time But there is centri and pd blowers that can make that and more.
a car in houston is making 1130 on a PD blower.......................

but thats neither here nor there.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
A car on here made 950 on a smaller centri (D1). I am sure upgrading to a F3 with an Aluminator would give the motor all it could handle.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
a car in houston is making 1130 on a PD blower.......................

but thats neither here nor there.
Travis at boost works is in the area of 1200s with his large KB with 25ish psi.
A car on here made 950 on a smaller centri (D1). I am sure upgrading to a F3 with an Aluminator would give the motor all it could handle.
The jt-b is an 1100whp blower if i recall correctly and the ysi-b is roughly 1300whp. There is larger prochargers as well. As some of us know there is even larger PD and centri that make more then 1600hp crank.

Anyway i didnt want to derail hellions thread anymore then i just did. Just wanted keep things factual.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
When will it be in Bradenton? Could you please give me more on the schedule?
Thanks!
We will be competing in the turbo coyote shootout at the NMRA race March 3-6.

Come by and see us if you get a chance to come down.

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
Hello.

We have been replicating dynos of this magnitude at various elevations for years. Our 20+ years of experience with turbocharging, dynos, elevation, correction, and on track testing, suggest we are not confusing our customers.

We have gone over this in the past, but just to make sure this thread is not derailed, we will re-post our response from the last time you brought this up.

Here is the link:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34565

This short answer is that the uncorrected numbers vary from dyno to dyno. Higher elevation will correct up, lower elevation and higher air density will correct down. The correction is the base we and everyone should use, hence correction.

The dyno numbers we show are accurate and are repeated on dynos all over the world. These numbers are also represented at the racetrack, by not just us, but by our customers.

Team Hellion
Like you, not our first rodeo turbocharging numerous platforms over the past 15 years.

So to keep things civil, as we clearly disagree, will you post the uncorrected dyno graph or dance around the question thread after thread?

I think many would be interested to see what sort of gains are being provided by the correction factor at your elevation.

This is not singling you out, though it may appear this way. I just think this is a good discussion for those interested in the effect of correction at elevation with turbocharger specific applications.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...vel-correction-factors-tc-cars-incorrect.html

Last edited:

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Travis at boost works is in the area of 1200s with his large KB with 25ish psi.
that may or may not be the car im talking about. allegedly. the number i quoted is what he may or may not have said in another thread on this forum.

allegedly.:)

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
"actual" numbers would be more, corrected numbers would be less.

to give you an idea. our 2011 car a few years ago, the "corrected numbers" were higher, because d/a was around 1500-2000 ft on average with weather.

one night we were dynoing with doors open and it was about 20 degrees, and air was great, so "actual" air was below sea level, so actual numbers were better, and the dyno corrected hp down.

it can go either way, but its "RARE" to see actual numbers below sea level
typical DA here is 5600+ in the 50 deg weather in winter and 7k-8k in the summer
at 7700 DA you lose almost 1 full second in the 1/4 on a NA engine
boosted usually around .3-.4 tenths
Its Thin and Dry, we hardly have much humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.