Not open for further replies.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for clearing the correction factors up! Incredible results from turbos . No supercharger will do that to my knowledge
As a rule of thumb, turbo cars at this power level will always make more power than blower cars per pound of boost. Power consumption gets high when you start to spin big compressors.

For instance, our car makes around 1600bhp, but takes around 300hp just to turn the 4.2L KB compressor at 18K rpm. So, right off the bat, we lose 300hp. Our 1600bhp engine made 1130whp at sea level, 85 degrees, and about 80% humidity.. ;)

BUT.. we also make a LOT more area under the curve than a turbo car at this power level. And by a lot, I mean we make 850-900wtq at 2800-3K rpm. If you have the tire to put that down, and the car is geared properly, it makes a big difference.

So, there are trade-offs.

At these power levels, I'm more inclined to go turbo, and you'll see that from us in the future on our shop car.

Just wanted to clear that up.. Carry on with the turbo stuff. ;)
Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
As a rule of thumb, turbo cars at this power level will always make more power than blower cars per pound of boost. Power consumption gets high when you start to spin big compressors.

For instance, our car makes around 1600bhp, but takes around 300hp just to turn the 4.2L KB compressor at 18K rpm. So, right off the bat, we lose 300hp. Our 1600bhp engine made 1130whp at sea level, 85 degrees, and about 80% humidity.. ;)

BUT.. we also make a LOT more area under the curve than a turbo car at this power level. And by a lot, I mean we make 850-900wtq at 2800-3K rpm. If you have the tire to put that down, and the car is geared properly, it makes a big difference.

So, there are trade-offs.

At these power levels, I'm more inclined to go turbo, and you'll see that from us in the future on our shop car.

Just wanted to clear that up.. Carry on with the turbo stuff. ;)

Makes perfect sense and thank you!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Geezus!!!

LOVE how that sob wants to pull off the dyno....

Congrats on those #'s!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.