GTD application halted

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This... Larry Holt at Multimatic noted how there was more aero than the GT3 RS and its got significantly more HP. Worth a watch if you havent seen it already.

Yea, saw that and some more a while ago. Last I heard they were still pulling weight off the car. It's going to be special.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I obviously misunderstood this cars purpose. If it's a street/track car, it peaks my curiosity a tad more. Still novelty just as a McLaren to me however. I work for a living and even if I cleared seven figures annually, this and other six figure cars are not practical for a daily commute. I live in metro Atlanta and no one with common sense would daily a car that a quarter mill around here. I'd love to see one of these in action. Unless you live a lifestyle that allows frequent track trips (like yours, I'm so envious and inspired) I can't see this car being practical unless for bragging rights. I don't care if it was one of Ralph Lauren's precious classic Ferraris or Bugattis. If it's a car I'll daily it and drive it like I stole it! That's what they were built for, otherwise the engine and battery should be sold separately!
This is not a daily driver, but what the heck, lol.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
It's my home track that I instruct at as well as run with the pros and racers.
Tomster, or someone else on this forum with professional skills needs to get access to one of these... I would love to hear genuine feedback without external influences give us practical track thoughts as to how the car handles, and does it feel like a $300K investment which is worthy. We don't want a biased description influenced by outside issues.

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Tomster, or someone else on this forum with professional skills needs to get access to one of these... I would love to hear genuine feedback without external influences give us practical track thoughts as to how the car handles, and does it feel like a $300K investment which is worthy. We don't want a biased description influenced by outside issues.
Well spoken!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This is not a daily driver, but what the heck, lol.
That front splitter would be shredded in about 5 minutes on the roads up here in Chicago LOL.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Move south Mags... better weather and better roads.
It’s on my radar. My youngest is off to college in 7 short years…

Was actually just in ATL for work a few weeks ago, during Masters week. The trees are gorgeous down there that time of year. The pollen had my allergies in overdrive though LOL. And the black Camaro that I rented was yellow by the end of the first day…

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The pollen had my allergies in overdrive though LOL. And the black Camaro that I rented was yellow by the end of the first day
Two to three weeks of pollen discomfort to counteract:
1. Rust on cars
2. Months of grey skies during winter
3. Horrible roads
4. High taxes
5. Nice cars parking in garages for 4-5 months in the winter
6. Grey/black slop on the side of the roads (slush)

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Cars like this are way past any practible purpose. Not about daily transportation. It’s all about the performance, senses and what it does for the driver. Tom is very fortunate, he’s in Daytona’s backyard. Completely envy that. Looking at any of these cars, even a GT, it’s not just about transportation. It’s atleast for me about when I do have the free time I get to enjoy the fruits of my labor so to speak. I work for a living as well, almost all on here do to as well.

I obviously misunderstood this cars purpose. If it's a street/track car, it peaks my curiosity a tad more. Still novelty just as a McLaren to me. I work for a living and even if I cleared seven figures annually, this and other six figure cars are not practical for a daily commute. I live in metro Atlanta and no one with common sense would daily a car that's a quarter mill around here. I'd love to see one of these in action. Unless you live a lifestyle that allows frequent track trips (like yours, I'm so envious and inspired) I can't see this car being practical unless for bragging rights. I don't care if it was one of Ralph Lauren's precious classic Ferraris or Bugattis. If it's a car I'll daily it and drive it like I stole it! That's what they were built for, otherwise the engine and battery should be sold separately!

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Btw, could we stop usin the word "influencer"
& replace it w/something more applicable, like "Tool-fluencer"?
Seems a bit more appropriate to the car flippers that only need these rare & unique veh's for clicks and likes.

@MAGS1 - your list of Toolfluencers was fitting, but ya left out the skinny white boy @ 'Hoopties Garage'.....
But tools are useful (and Tool is a great band, but I digress) and these "internet celebrities" are anything but.

Sponsored

Stevdug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350, 2015 Z06, 1986 SVO, 1990 ZR-1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in my 50's and I generally understand both need for Ford to have a process like this and also the "gripe" about the way its done.. I am blessed enough to be able to afford the car and I jumped on the list early on. When I received the application email, I took the time to fill everything out but toward the end I shut down when I hit the requirement to "upload a short video". It's fine that they "weeded" me out with that, step, as that is what they have to do, but personally it did drive a wedge in my loyalty to the brand and car.

CharlesC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, 2019 GT350
I'm in my 50's and I generally understand both need for Ford to have a process like this and also the "gripe" about the way its done.. I am blessed enough to be able to afford the car and I jumped on the list early on. When I received the application email, I took the time to fill everything out but toward the end I shut down when I hit the requirement to "upload a short video". It's fine that they "weeded" me out with that, step, as that is what they have to do, but personally it did drive a wedge in my loyalty to the brand and car.
It’s not a requirement to upload a video. It’s noted it’s optional. Would go in and apply and skip the video component.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
It’s not a requirement to upload a video. It’s noted it’s optional. Would go in and apply and skip the video component.
Why bother wasting your time and personal bandwidth?

It may be shown as optional, but come on, we all know what the deal is.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Great advice and aside from the optional video presentation, I was a little surprised at not having an option for pictures of present and previously owned Mustang models from many years in the past.