Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm over Motor Trend. General Motor Trend is a joke. I put more stock in Car and Driver if I'm going to choose a magazine review.
The only one I find worthy of subscribing to anymore is Automobile....
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Since the moderator does not want the Shelby bashed, I'm guessing no one will respond to any of the comments bashing Camaros, Challengers, etc. Kind of makes discussions one sided and no truth.

Lately there seems to be more Camaro6 members here than on Camaro6.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You know what cracks me up....and I couldn't believe my eyes....when comparing the ALMIGHTY MUSCLE CAR CAMARO on Road and Tracks figures the EVEN MORE MIGHTY mere Mustang GT was QUICKER to 150 mph 26.4 sec to 26.7 sec. How does a 435hp 5.0 pull back a near 1/2 second deficit to 60mph against a 60lb lighter 455hp 6.2.....a PISS weak performer the Camaro in reality !!!!
Keep laughing bud, I got another joke for you...

That R&T GTPP was a 3822lbs GTPP fully loaded Premium :lol:

Motor Trend seems to have the lightest, fastest, cheapest SS ever :lol:

They also found a 2015 z28 with only a 7.5% drivetrain loss :lol:

Whoooo hoooo!!!

I'm gonna start getting bored if they don't make this any harder :lol:

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Lately there seems to be more Camaro6 members here than on Camaro6.

I don't see that, I do know they have trolls, but they also have people that are cross shopping and having intelligent conversations about pros/cons. I don't see the need to get ugly or offended by anyone.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Since the moderator does not want the Shelby bashed, I'm guessing no one will respond to any of the comments bashing Camaros, Challengers, etc. Kind of makes discussions one sided and no truth.
No, it keeps the discussion relevant. Comparing the 350 to a challenger is as logical as comparing it to a Yukon. You want to bash the GT350, you compare it to a 911GTS or a GT3.

Sponsored

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
No, it keeps the discussion relevant. Comparing the 350 to a challenger is as logical as comparing it to a Yukon. You want to bash the GT350, you compare it to a 911GTS or a GT3.

The point is NOT TO BASH ANYTHING, just discussion on comparisons.

high_glove_side

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 AGM 1LE
Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, are todays muscle cars. There are versions that optimize their road course performance. There are however very few fans of these cars who will ever quote times from Laguna Seca, the "Ring", etc. 1/4 mile E.T. and trap MPH are always going to be the metric these cars live or die by.
This is sadly the truth. Maybe folks will smarten up and start viewing other stats as more important. :thumbsup:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
This is sadly the truth. Maybe folks will smarten up and start viewing other stats as more important. :thumbsup:

Those stats will look great on paper.. But 90% of the folks will not track the car so acceleration would be most important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Those stats will look great on paper.. But 90% of the folks will not track the car so acceleration would be most important.

If they never track the car and only care about 0-60 and 1/4 miles im not sure why they are dealing with the fiasco to get a GT350. Pick up a GT500, slap a charger on a GT PP, or wait for the new GT500, all will fit that bill much better

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If they never track the car and only care about 0-60 and 1/4 miles im not sure why they are dealing with the fiasco to get a GT350. Pick up a GT500, slap a charger on a GT PP, or wait for the new GT500, all will fit that bill much better

People always want the next best thing.. Gt500 is nice but outdated since its older model.

Sponsored

mookydo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
gl

The "fiasco" is really just a temporary delay but is frustrating to those who have in many cases paid a premium for an early delivery. All will pass and in a year or less you will have them in stock looking for a home just as it has been with every other SVT offering, Shelby badged or not.

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
You need to realize that since the introduction of the muscle car era, most everyone drag raced their cars and the 1/4 mile on the old airport road determined which car was king. Although things have changed in terms of ability, the fact that the cars went back to the Retro look, most people from the muscle car era are looking to comparing the numbers to the cars from the 60's.

I also think it's true that most people still race in a straight line, so the 1/4 figures are more important to those people.

I for one love to drag race and spent many weekends at the local dragstrip racing cars and bikes. It's something I still enjoy and those 1/4 mile figures still matter to me.

mookydo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
You need to realize that since the introduction of the muscle car era, most everyone drag raced their cars and the 1/4 mile on the old airport road determined which car was king. Although things have changed in terms of ability, the fact that the cars went back to the Retro look, most people from the muscle car era are looking to comparing the numbers to the cars from the 60's.

I also think it's true that most people still race in a straight line, so the 1/4 figures are more important to those people.

I for one love to drag race and spent many weekends at the local dragstrip racing cars and bikes. It's something I still enjoy and those 1/4 mile figures still matter to me.
gl

Be absolutely certain that the 1/4 mile E.T. and trap MPH are and will be the metric of record for this car regardless of what it was designed for. The overwhelming majority of these GT350s will never see a track. One of the car mags needs to run the damn thing until they can post a sub 12 second to keep us all happy. Hard to believe that a 12.0 E.T. isn't good enough but it is really not at this point.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

I understand that fully, but if the 1/4 is the only real performance metric some folks care about, im really not too sure why they are interested in this car. Yes it is nice info to have, but everything else about the GT350 works against 1/4 mile times. That is why every thing ford has released about the car and all the media events were at a race track and not the drag strip. Bottom line FOrd is moving away from the muscle car niche with this car and taking aim at bigger fish

If they wanted to stick to that niche market they would have slapped a factory tweaked trinity into the S550 chassis and called it a day.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The Z/28,911,BMW,Z06,Aston Martin, and GT 350 are not muscle cars. The Hell kitten, ZL 1 and GT 500 are muscle cars. I go to IMSA events to watch sports cars race . The engine in the GT 350 is on par with the great engines coming from the other sports cars I mentioned. The GT 350 races in the IMSA events.
A full test for sports car includes all the parameters , not just the 1/4 mile. If you want a one trick pony buy a Muscle car and wait for the next GT 500 if they make one.
Sponsored

Last edited: