Sponsored

Finally my R is scheduled

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! I know you have been waiting a long time.

Interesting to note that mine was delivered 4/29 GR236 and just 2 weeks later GR307. They are really cranking them out. Wonder if this was always the plan, or just how it turned out (due to production issues or whatever). Wondering if MY17 will play out the same
Production versus delivery may not corrolate. I'd be more interested to know the build date difference between your two cars.
Sponsored

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Congrats Donson. I'm expecting big things with your video. No pressure....

ddub68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Congrats Donson! The wait is over. I'm sure I'll see you/hear you soon.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I washed it twice then used a clay bar, then washed it again...when doing this you become very intimate with the car/paint. (not like the funny video Stangelife posted..lol) I was very impressed with the fit and finish...there was only one small area around the windshield where it looked like the paint was scratched, but you could not feel it with your fingernail...so it may buff out? if so then the car is perfect...:cheers:
Lol, suuurrreee.... Did it go something like this?

Donson looks over at his new GT350R, creepily raises an eyebrow and says, "You wanna make a movie? I'm not going to show it to anyone...just us..."! :)

Davey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R
Yes got it today !:headbang:! I said I would go dark until I got it...well..I got it..lol The video has not been finished ..let alone edited..:doh:..so I thought I would at least say something and put a couple of photos up.:eyebulge:

First impressions.........
The car was very dirty ! (no seriously, aside from this, as I ask them not to clean it at all) I watch them put the front spoiler on and he was meticulous, a real advantage of being the 5 GT350 to be delivered.:crazy:..he was a pro at installing them by now :thumbsup::clap2: Well, I get in the car and drive off....I get out on the road and gunned it, and it was as slow as a Ford Pinto..I was like this car has nothing on my M5....then I looked at the dash and it said "transport mode see dealer immediately"...so I turned around and ask my salesman whats up and he said "oh we need to go back to PDF, we kept it in this mode so no "lot boys" would have there way with your car. I was like cool.:thumbsup:..this keep the train boys from hot rodding your cars... Once they did this the car was a different animal. Now for a comparison to my last cars. I had a Ferrari 430 back in 2007 (when i was in another income bracket..lol) This R feels lite on its feet just like that car, I also had a new Aston Martin V8 Vantage, this R is like that in the sound department..and in looks. I also had a 2008 GT3 RS (back when times were better..lol.) This R reminds me of this car when pushed...let me try to explain, the 911 is a great car, but really sounds good and feels good when being pushed.....The beauty of the R is that it feels good, sounds good, handles good, and looks good while going 30 mph...this is this cars "specials-ness" You do not have to push it to enjoy it, its a joy just to cruz in it, and to push it hard. Granted I have yet to do this as I want to break it in properly....but so far Im in love....I will leave it hear until the video...thanks to all for putting up with me for the last year...P.S. I could not of picked a better color for me...love the Yellow
Just checked in here today congrats. You derserve it as it really feels your heart is in it. Good Luck

Sponsored

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
Yes got it today !:headbang:! I said I would go dark until I got it...well..I got it..lol The video has not been finished ..let alone edited..:doh:..so I thought I would at least say something and put a couple of photos up.:eyebulge:

First impressions.........
The car was very dirty ! (no seriously, aside from this, as I ask them not to clean it at all) I watch them put the front spoiler on and he was meticulous, a real advantage of being the 5 GT350 to be delivered.:crazy:..he was a pro at installing them by now :thumbsup::clap2: Well, I get in the car and drive off....I get out on the road and gunned it, and it was as slow as a Ford Pinto..I was like this car has nothing on my M5....then I looked at the dash and it said "transport mode see dealer immediately"...so I turned around and ask my salesman whats up and he said "oh we need to go back to PDF, we kept it in this mode so no "lot boys" would have there way with your car. I was like cool.:thumbsup:..this keep the train boys from hot rodding your cars... Once they did this the car was a different animal. Now for a comparison to my last cars. I had a Ferrari 430 back in 2007 (when i was in another income bracket..lol) This R feels lite on its feet just like that car, I also had a new Aston Martin V8 Vantage, this R is like that in the sound department..and in looks. I also had a 2008 GT3 RS (back when times were better..lol.) This R reminds me of this car when pushed...let me try to explain, the 911 is a great car, but really sounds good and feels good when being pushed.....The beauty of the R is that it feels good, sounds good, handles good, and looks good while going 30 mph...this is this cars "specials-ness" You do not have to push it to enjoy it, its a joy just to cruz in it, and to push it hard. Granted I have yet to do this as I want to break it in properly....but so far Im in love....I will leave it hear until the video...thanks to all for putting up with me for the last year...P.S. I could not of picked a better color for me...love the Yellow

Party time

Legancy Bank Shelby Show June 11?

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Hey not to BUG everyone locally here....BUT....I would like to get a head count of Who is planing on being at my place May 28th SAT at 1pm for a 80 mile rally and then drinks and food at my place...I know its a holiday week end but what better way of spending it than with your beloved GT350? Oh I will open this up to ALL Shelby owners 500/350..I need to know who can make it...please PM me if you do not have plans already and would like to come....

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Hey not to BUG everyone locally here....BUT....I would like to get a head count of Who is planing on being at my place May 28th SAT at 1pm for a 80 mile rally and then drinks and food at my place...I know its a holiday week end but what better way of spending it than with your beloved GT350? Oh I will open this up to ALL Shelby owners 500/350..I need to know who can make it...please PM me if you do not have plans already and would like to come....
That's very generous, and a great way to celebrate finally receiving your car after being tortured for half an eternity. :cheers:

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
ok ok I guess I will go and drive my car some more. :clap2:

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Congrats the arrival. As we have all said the wait will be worth it.
Glad you agree and are enjoying, it gets even better.
2nd/3rd gear at 8000 trust me on this :)

Sponsored

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Man I can't even dream of what that will be like. I have 300 miles on my car and have probably bumped 5500- 6000 a time or two and it's just crazy there is so much left. I plan on an oil change later this week and a few more hundred miles before letting her sing.

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)

Yes I can not wait...so far I have gone up to 4500 RPM's ..There is no doubt I'm going to cause a accident..the car is so loud when I pass someone under load......There is no doubt the drivers are freaking out...wondering what is happening....they do not know where the sound is coming from at first ...they do not know if war has been declared and a bomb just went off next to them.... if its a fire truck siren blasting,.......a hundred of the loudest "HELLS ANGELS" Harley's getting ready to consume them....Its just not a sound they have heard before...and for that brief second of not knowing..the person you are driving by shimmies the steering wheel a little while freaking out....I love it...:headbang:

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Congratulations! I remember seeing the color combo last year and thinking it looked too busy with the contrasting red, black, and yellow colors but now I think it's stunning. Looking forward to some high res pics and the video :)

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
For sure !! PM me and I will give you my number....come to the party !!:thumbsup:
Congrats, I'll have to drop by to look at it.

Mine was pretty dirty after transport as well. The weather will be nice this weekend at least for you to put more miles on it.

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Congrats, I'll have to drop by to look at it.

Mine was pretty dirty after transport as well. The weather will be nice this weekend at least for you to put more miles on it.
come by anytime..you know where I live !!:headbang:
Sponsored