Sponsored

A lot of force required to close doors/trunk?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Thanks for the replies everyone. So everyone seems to experiencing a stubborn trunk. Maybe they'll improve that in next year's model. But for closing the doors it's a mixed response.
My trunk shut pretty hard until I adjusted the latch. Now the trunk is better aligned, AND it shuts without a ton of force. There are threads here somewhere that show how to adjust the trunk latch. It's pretty easy, would take ~15 min if you know how to do it. See link in Post #45 above.

And as some have said, it closes best if you get the trunk lid down about 8~10 inches from closed, then give it a good shove.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Doors close easy, trunk not so much. I need to look at adjusting it....

carsontech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
My doors take 3 times to close. I've never had a car that I have to He-man the damn doors to shut them.

My trunk closes fine.

TMAN1985

Red and Black
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I put a dent in my trunk closing the damn thing. Had to get a paintless dent removal guy to fix it. I've found you have to push at the bottom of the plastic piece in the center and slam the trunk. It's quite ridiculous.

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition orange 2015 GT
Major issue closing the trunk. Have to almost always slam it to shut else, it might seem closed but gives a warning light on the inside. glad to know I am not unique with this :)

Sponsored

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
Hood closes rather easy, never had any trouble with it
Door do require a bit of force but far from what I would call slamming. It feels like the door snugs shut, even after a bit of force to it. Alignment seems fine so I'm not worried about it.
Trunk is a little weird. It also requires some force to close, much more than the doors. Sometimes I do feel like I'm slamming it though. Odd to see that this seems to be a reoccurring problem with alot of other people though

burntire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs
Just picked up my 2016. Drivers side door takes more effort than the passenger. Hood and trunk close fine.

spitfirered1976

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Sliver
My doors take a medium pull to close them and my alignment looks just like your pics; have no problem with the hood; the trunk can be a bitch I have noticed it closes a lot easier with a door opened or a window open. I am going to adjust he latch.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018

thezonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Trunk definitely requires more force that it should and frequently requires multiple attempts to close. Ford should fix that. Ive had no trouble at all with the hood and doors.

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
My trunk closes easier than anything.

Driver's door takes extra effort, often gets stuck on the first latch detent. The driver's door was also misaligned and I adjusted the striker. It is now aligned but takes more effort to close.

The trunk on my '14 felt like it took 50lbs of force to close, it was ridiculous.
Sponsored