Sponsored

A lot of force required to close doors/trunk?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
My doors shut fine/normal compared to my other Mustangs, but the trunk is a real B to close. Have to close it 2-3 times to finally get it to shut. Same with the hood, takes more force than I would like.
Trick for trunck... bring it close to base same 10 cm... and then just put lil more force

for hood... leave it from 30 degree angle...and boom it will close in one shote
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Doors shut fine. Trunk takes more effort than it should. That said, I believe the trunk is shutting 'properly'.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Doors shut fine. Trunk takes more effort than it should. That said, I believe the trunk is shutting 'properly'.
to check if trunc is shut properly press ur lock button twice.. if its not shut u will hear two honks

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
to check if trunc is shut properly press ur lock button twice.. if its not shut u will hear two honks
Thanks for the tip. What I was trying to say was, I believe the trunk taking a bit more effort to shut is normal for this car.

OP
OP
Bay1Stang

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Thanks for the replies everyone. So everyone seems to experiencing a stubborn trunk. Maybe they'll improve that in next year's model. But for closing the doors it's a mixed response.

It's my first car and I'm learning as I go. Can anyone comment on the alignment pics that I posted? The pics are taken on the side of the hinges, and first reply in the thread mentioned alignment?

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Thanks for the tip. What I was trying to say was, I believe the trunk taking a bit more effort to shut is normal for this car.
yeaaaa.. and on this let me share a funny story... dated 30 Nov 2014... i got my car on black friday... and i cam ebk 30 was pretty sunny and i was curious to get inside the hood... i opened it..

Now once i looked around ...and tried closing like normally i close my jag and used to do my sonata... with care in love it wont close... i tried puttinglitle more force it didn close...

Now my brain started working... i was like yea.. i have read hood alignment issue and that it wont close and i was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...

i calle dup dealer and was like hood wont close and he called his tech .. he was like yes sir.. these hoods are f***** heavy.. briong them a lil more and leave it will close...it worked

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
Thanks for the replies everyone. So everyone seems to experiencing a stubborn trunk. Maybe they'll improve that in next year's model. But for closing the doors it's a mixed response.

It's my first car and I'm learning as I go. Can anyone comment on the alignment pics that I posted? The pics are taken on the side of the hinges, and first reply in the thread mentioned alignment?

The doors are definitely heavier than a door of a luxury car, if that is what you are used to.

OP
OP
Bay1Stang

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
The doors are definitely heavier than a door of a luxury car, if that is what you are used to.
Ok thanks I fell better now. Too used to imports!

:ford:

defdans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I'm genuinely glad to see this thread. I was too embarrassed to post it myself, but I've been wondering the same thing.

My doors seem fine, but you really have to give the trunk and the hood a solid push to close. more force than I would have imagined. Guess they just need some extra oomph.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I'm genuinely glad to see this thread. I was too embarrassed to post it myself, but I've been wondering the same thing.

My doors seem fine, but you really have to give the trunk and the hood a solid push to close. more force than I would have imagined. Guess they just need some extra oomph.
Even i was.... but be carefull with truck its lil thin and hodd don push on top just leave from 30 degree angle it will go in like charm

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
There is a TY GT in my dealership's showroom with the hood propped open. I opened it and couldn't get it to lock down. I tried several times with increasing force...still wouldn't lock. Salesperson came over to see what the heck was going on...he also tried without success. I explained that he needed to bring out one of his mechanics to either adjust the
rubber stops or the hood latch. It's still propped open...I wonder how many people after me also tried to shut it without success.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I think it may be due to the car being fairly air tight at least thats what Im telling myself for the truck and doors.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Here's two quick pics I snapped of my driver's side door which is the most difficult to close. I've been told this alignment is normal.. what do you guys think?

Yeah, that's a perfectly normal allignment.

If you're used to driving luxury cars, the doors on them tend to be a lot heavier -- closing an S-Class door is like shutting a bank vault -- and they feel a lot more... hefty in thwacking shut. So the difference might just be something you need to get used in driving a different car.

The trunk lid, though, is very light and flimsy and so it takes more effort to close.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Here's two quick pics I snapped of my driver's side door which is the most difficult to close. I've been told this alignment is normal.. what do you guys think?

8GGMuBX.jpg

kSkJW6q.jpg
Is the rear edge sticking out a bit, if so you may try adjusting the striker in the door frame... There is not much adjustment there, but it can pull the door in at the rear a bit, which will push the front out a bit.