Sponsored

A lot of force required to close doors/trunk?

xris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Form Mustang
The trunk is definitely not "easy" to close and I rarely close it on the first try. I think it has to do with the fact that it is on the lighter side so it requires a little extra force.

The doors seem fine to me. They do require a little extra "oomph" to close but I don't think its out of the ordinary.

My biggest concern has been the hood. My car suffers from the same problem Tsunami had at the dealership. I popped the hood one night to admire the engine and couldn't get it to latch again for the life of me. I woke up early the next day to take it in and get it looked at but figured I'd try one last time. I dropped the hood from about chest height and to my surprise it closed no problem.

Took it in anyway, service manager popped the hood and had no problem closing it. Tech looked at it anyway and they told me I should take it to their body shop because they couldn't fix it.

Now I'm afraid to pop my hood ...
Sponsored

avs112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
There is 2 rubber bumper you can screw to make the hood easier to close. Dont screw them too much some have said it can make the hood shake, just screw them enough for the hood to close properly

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
My driver door is the only thing that is somewhat hard to shut.passenger,hood and Trunk aren't a problem at all on mine.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I find I have to close the trunk pushing down dead center and learned this when I accidentally hit the trunk release trying to close the sungalsses drawer thing in traffic. It took 3 tries to get it to shut because I kept trying to close it pushing from the corner.

OP
OP
Bay1Stang

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Well I was going to drive to work this morning until my driver side door wouldn't shut at all.

It was on the street in the cold but that shouldn't have to do with anything?

I'm trying to close it and its like running the door into a wall. Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Catch alignment might be off or loose

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Bay - The gap looks decent.

My doors take a bit more force than my last ride but not a problem by any means (feels more solid). As others have said, if I apply force from the center of the trunk it seems to close just fine.

I've been noticing some slight scuffing on the rear bumper which I'm assuming is from the glossy plastic cover. Anyone else noticing this?

OP
OP
Bay1Stang

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Seems like the latch isn't lubed at all. Passenger side is decently lubed but driver side is dry.

The QC on these cars so far will not hold up to European standards when they start driving them.

limequat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I have to slam all three harder than I'd like.
So my car is about 3 weeks old now. Either the seals are breaking in or I'm getting used to the force required to shut the doors. Either way, seems better now.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
I've been noticing some slight scuffing on the rear bumper which I'm assuming is from the glossy plastic cover. Anyone else noticing this?
Yup. Would like to see aftermarket parts to replace the glossy plastic look.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Would love to see the brushed nickel or stainless in the back or brushed aluminum

lonerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
EB Premium PP Convertible; Guard w/Saddle
My doors shut fine/normal compared to my other Mustangs, but the trunk is a real B to close. Have to close it 2-3 times to finally get it to shut. Same with the hood, takes more force than I would like.
This problem sounds similar to what I'm experiencing. I open/close my trunk about 3-4 times a day and when I try closing the trunk (about 20-40% of the time), the tail lights flash, horn honks and trunk doesn't close. Sometimes it closes with a relatively light effort and other times it takes me 2-3 times to get it to close, with each effort requiring more pressure, almost slamming it down.

Also agree with the hood (only opened it once (yesterday) but it took more force to close than I would like.

Nick.

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
Yep I have to push pretty hard for the trunk and medium for the door. It's alright for me because my lexus is the same way but I hate when others have to do it 2wice. More passenger side fingerprints. :crazy: