Sponsored

600 hp 5.2 voodoo

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
This should be interesting. SOunds like some nice work is going on here.

As for this other nonsense, if you do not like the thread or topic, then bugger off. Its that simple. Let the people who are interested actually enjoy the thread instead of reading 50 pages of opinionated BS.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Did you say you were starting the work today, or just this week? Can't remember.

OP
OP

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Did you say you were starting the work today, or just this week? Can't remember.
As of now the only things I have in hand are the intake and BMR rear suspension toe links, vertical links, and lower H-arm bearings. Also a set of MM Caster camber plates for later use. I'm waiting for the headers, x pipe and TB. I have both the stock gt350 JLT CAI and also a cobra jet JLT CAI coming any day now. Vinny at JLT is awesome and hooked me up with some pieces to see if I can get the cobra jet CAI to work on our gt350 since nothing is available at this time. I'm excited as hell to get this rolling.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Sub'd for the results!

Sponsored

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Some people are just better to ignore. I love how he insults people without knowing them. God forbid if you disagree with someone or even if you do agree with the person and try to explain yourself. Some people just like to argue or try to prove their point when they haven't got any ground to stand on. Some people are followers others are doers. I'm a doer. I'm not scared to try something and learn from my mistakes. Not all failures are mistakes. One of the best mechanics ever was Smokey Yunick, I'm not comparing myself to him at all, but without people like him or Carroll shelby etc what kind of sport and hobby would we have? I have no tolerance for ignorance or shallow minded people that ride the shirt tails of the people that go out and do it and judge others for their choices. Don't talk about it, be about it!
I agree. Good to hear you have a bridgeport, that answers a lot. I was a paid machinist a long time ago and still play in the shop when I can. Used to make parts for my drag car all the time. I highported a few sets of Cleveland heads to Gapp and Roush specifications, lord what a difference that made. I agree, for some reason going too far down that 1/4 mile road doesn't seem right for this car, but I can see it with a Boss.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I highported a few sets of Cleveland heads to Gapp and Roush specifications, lord what a difference that made.
Do you mean the mod where you basically mill a big chunk off the exhaust side of the head where the port turns down and replace it with a plate with new high ports? Been a looooong time since I've seen pics of that (having messed with hopped-up 351Cs quite a bit in the early '90s).....

Wow, some of us are old..... :D

OP
OP

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I agree. Good to hear you have a bridgeport, that answers a lot. I was a paid machinist a long time ago and still play in the shop when I can. Used to make parts for my drag car all the time. I highported a few sets of Cleveland heads to Gapp and Roush specifications, lord what a difference that made. I agree, for some reason going too far down that 1/4 mile road doesn't seem right for this car, but I can see it with a Boss.
My dad is a tool and die maker by trade and has a 60x100 shop behind his house with a hand full of Bridgeport mills, prototrax, causing lathes, do all band saws, causing drill press, radial arm drill press, 3 surface grinders, Chicago sheet metal box and pan brake, Chicago 8' brake, sheet metal shear, Pullmax, bead rollers, shrinkers, planishing hammers, tube benders etc. pretty much everything ever needed. We built many cars and chassis. He also owned and operated a body shop for 45+ years so he also has a paint booth and mixing station. All my life I been around this so the tools and equipment make the difference. Sometimes though it's not worth making your own parts. Unless the bought ones are junk which I ran into a lot in the fox body days. I've made a few tubular k members and a-arms roll cages etc. I love this stuff. It's rewarding.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Subbin in glad you're back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Do you mean the mod where you basically mill a big chunk off the exhaust side of the head where the port turns down and replace it with a plate with new high ports? Been a looooong time since I've seen pics of that (having messed with hopped-up 351Cs quite a bit in the early '90s).....

Wow, some of us are old..... :D
Yessir, on both counts!

Sponsored

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
I think you will be pretty close to 600 with those mods and the fuel. Heck I think I will be around 570 on my Boss with 5.3L and only 11:1 so with the higher compression, higher octane I think you will get there.

My dad is a tool and die maker by trade and has a 60x100 shop behind his house with a hand full of Bridgeport mills, prototrax, causing lathes, do all band saws, causing drill press, radial arm drill press, 3 surface grinders, Chicago sheet metal box and pan brake, Chicago 8' brake, sheet metal shear, Pullmax, bead rollers, shrinkers, planishing hammers, tube benders etc. pretty much everything ever needed. We built many cars and chassis. He also owned and operated a body shop for 45+ years so he also has a paint booth and mixing station. All my life I been around this so the tools and equipment make the difference. Sometimes though it's not worth making your own parts. Unless the bought ones are junk which I ran into a lot in the fox body days. I've made a few tubular k members and a-arms roll cages etc. I love this stuff. It's rewarding.
At first I was thinking that that was not a nice way to talk about your dad. Then I finished reading the sentence and well that makes sense now!

Last edited:

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Oh man, that is my retirement dream, play all day in a well outfitted shop.

OP
OP

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think you will be pretty close to 600 with those mods and the fuel. Heck I think I will be around 570 on my Boss with 5.3L and only 11:1 so with the higher compression, higher octane I think you will get there.

At first I was thinking that that was not a nice way to talk about your dad. Then I finished reading the sentence and well that makes sense now!
Lol. :lol:

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Are they sending you the same header design as what they build for the Coyote? If so, it will be interesting to see if that changes the sound significantly. I believe the stock headers probably have a lot of "sound tuning" to keep the tone closer to a more traditional American V8.

OP
OP

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Are they sending you the same header design as what they build for the Coyote? If so, it will be interesting to see if that changes the sound significantly. I believe the stock headers probably have a lot of "sound tuning" to keep the tone closer to a more traditional American V8.
Between Watson engineering, ARH and kooks they all said the same. No room for tri-y headers. Watson and ARH collaborated and both agreed that these headers due to the vibration that our motors produce will be made from .065 304 stainless vs .049 304 stainless. The routing will be unique to the 5.2.
Sponsored