95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
How did I know this would turn from a "what are they worth" to an opinion about how everyone is asking too much.

It's amusing that people who hunt down that single best internet price and then quote it over and over as what the market must be...actually never buy a GT350 anyway...
I want a GT350 or nothing. My deal is cash. I have another thread.
Sponsored

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I may need to wait for interest rates to go higher. Today's PPI (inflation number) tells me that interest rates will increase.

Warren Buffet has always said to wait until the tide goes down to see who is naked.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I may need to wait for interest rates to go higher. Today's PPI (inflation number) tells me that interest rates will increase.

Warren Buffet has always said to wait until the tide goes down to see who is naked.
It depends on the duration of the loan. I believe most people's loans on a new GT350 would be paid off by now.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Iā€™m considering listing mine so I can free up some funds for my Trans Am build. 2017, original owner, have the owners kit, car cover still in the box, clean title. It does have higher mileage. Sitting at 39,500-ish. Only mods are Signature SV104 19ā€ X 11ā€ wheels, GT350R hubs for squared setup, and Caliperflexion studs. Also have stock hubs with APR studs that I never got around to switching out.
Just throwing it out there.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
..It depends on the duration of the loan. I believe most people's loans on a new GT350 would be paid off by now....
I was thinking of the Dealer "floor-plan" interest (or whatever you call it). Most of the cars that I've considered are on the dealer lot (some on the show-room floor). Three at Ford dealers, one at a GM dealer, and one at an independent dealer.

One of them has been there almost 6 months. Their profit margin is dropping every day it sits.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Depending on how there floor plan is set up it may have x amount of months built in. Regardless, those vehicles in the grand scheme for the floor plan isnā€™t a concern. Franchised dealers flooring lines are in the tens of millions. Even independents are generally up in the 7 figures. Small lots are the only ones that will make any difference to. Also, most importantly a lot of dealers consider certain cars big time draws and the sales off that completely negates the holding cost.

I was thinking of the Dealer "floor-plan" interest (or whatever you call it). Most of the cars that I've considered are on the dealer lot (some on the show-room floor). Three at Ford dealers, one at a GM dealer, and one at an independent dealer.

One of them has been there almost 6 months. Their profit margin is dropping every day it sits.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
....Depending on how there floor plan is set up it may have x amount of months built in. Regardless, those vehicles in the grand scheme for the floor plan isnā€™t a concern. Franchised dealers flooring lines are in the tens of millions. Even independents are generally up in the 7 figures. Small lots are the only ones that will make any difference to. Also, most importantly a lot of dealers consider certain cars big time draws and the sales off that completely negates the holding cost.
I want to buy a Ford dealership. :like:

You make it sound so easy as a dealer pays nothing or low interest rates to keep used inventory. I can stock new Fords which can be sold before Ford wants their money?

The employees will work hard without health insurance and a retirement plan?

I am sure that Ford Service always makes big money. They get the generous money from Ford on all warranty service work. The City/County taxes are very lax on all car/truck dealerships.

What could go wrong?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Actually not at all. Execution is difficult, the principles arenā€™t. I was a dealer at one time, nothing like a franchised auto dealer. What you were kind of leaning towards is how a single vehicle can become burdensome on a dealer. Thatā€™s simply not the case. It is what it is. Wasnā€™t to long ago this same thing was brought up with new 350ā€™s and 500ā€™s being in dealers inventory. Franchised dealers can do very well, that is what it is as well. They also have serious amounts of money invested. Service can make, and in many cases, be more profitable then the sales side. My particular Ford dealer I deal with locally has a full pa, nursing staff, separate on site facility where the employees can go when they are sick. Their children as well. What does that tell you. Master tech here is about 50/hr flagged. Billed at 155-205/hr depending on wether its gas or diesel. What Ford pays isnā€™t far off. Do the math. I wonā€™t get in to when the manufacturerā€˜s do inventory dumps that donā€™t even hit the dealers flooring lines. We all know the sale side isnā€™t where the moneyā€™s made, itā€™s in finance with warranties, gap, add-ons, etc. And the obvious, pure volume of units moved. None of this had to do anything with looking for a nice used example of a 350. Regardless of how many are for sale, it gets widdled down real quick with whatever particular specifics someone may want. If you find a car you like, and it checks all the boxā€™s, a grand here or there really doesnā€™t matter in the grand scheme of things. Especially if its one youā€˜re going to keep for the foreseeable future. Best of luck.

I want to buy a Ford dealership. :like:

You make it sound so easy as a dealer pays nothing or low interest rates to keep used inventory. I can stock new Fords which can be sold before Ford wants their money?

The employees will work hard without health insurance and a retirement plan?

I am sure that Ford Service always makes big money. They get the generous money from Ford on all warranty service work. The City/County taxes are very lax on all car/truck dealerships.

What could go wrong?

Last edited:
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
..None of this had to do anything with looking for a nice used example of a 350. Regardless of how If you find a car you like, and it checks all the boxā€™s, a grand here or there really doesnā€™t matter in the grand scheme of things. Especially if its one youā€˜re going to keep for the foreseeable future. Best of luck.
I agree.

I do plan to keep it despite the much higher taxes on personal property (cars), and the insurance costs. My car insurance has doubled since I bought my 2019 GT350. Same old car but twice as much for insurance per year after 5 years.

Yes, I am good for a few grand more for a really nice car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Around here in the north I tend to buy cars in October-December. Possibly dealers don't care about carrying inventory as posted above, but it does seem to me that the deals are significantly better when most people have their RWD cars parked in the garage and don't dare drive them for the next 4-6 months.

Might not work in more temperate areas...

Sponsored
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, but we drive our cars 12 months a year.

I would add that 2016-2020 Mustang GT350 cars are all holding their value so guys like me with a second one in mind is shit out of luck. JMO, as a guy that has spent hours on the internet.

Last edited:

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I sold my R last month (yes, again) - the buyer wanted a loved car and he got one. So it depends on what you are after. If you are OK with a 4 owner carmax sale with above average miles (for a GT350), then you can probably save some money.
lolā€¦so, no dog in this fight but wait just a second. you prefer low owner cars, but you have (yet gain) sold your R (again) for it to become a multiple owner car (again)ā€¦and yet you poo-poo multi owner cars?

ā€¦askin for a friend šŸ˜Ž

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
You wonā€™t be able to get your hands on a 2021 or 2022 GT350 for any amount of money Docā€¦!!!!šŸ˜‰
Sorry Dave as I edited it.

We were good back in our younger days:
SixGapRG.gif

Yes,
We were fast back then when leaving the Walmart parking lot.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
lolā€¦so, no dog in this fight but wait just a second. you prefer low owner cars, but you have (yet gain) sold your R (again) for it to become a multiple owner car (again)ā€¦and yet you poo-poo multi owner cars?

ā€¦askin for a friend šŸ˜Ž
You just made a lot of things up. Iā€™m not sure why youā€™re fixated on me having sold it (again)..

Iā€™ll break it down for you. Iā€™m not poo pooing anything. Thereā€™s nothing inherently wrong with a multi owner car. There are many factors that influence what a buyer is willing to pay for a car. The number of previous owners is absolutely one of them. If your friend doesnā€™t get this, he might not be firing on all cylinders.
Sponsored