Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
My guess is that Ford doesn't give a crap, as 2017 MY will end the GT350 production run and they will likely have sold most of them by the time 1LE-equipped SS's start getting in owners hands. My guess is the 1LE option will have little or no effect on GT350 sales.
+100 My guess Ford ups the GT with more hp, a better track pack than this joke they call the PP, and get that car competitive with the 1LE for $6-7000 less.

Dont get me wrong, the PP is a good package and GT is demolishing SS sales by like 3-1 so its not like Ford isnt just raking in the cash on these units anyway. But imorovements are all part of the process.

Cant wait to see the GT500 specs.. > 700hp for sure.

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I wouldn't call that a "cream" the entire video was about how close they are.

You could easily have another magazine say exactly the same things and go the other way.
Yeah, ok, just another win for a non-PP 5.0. My current daily and a car that is just perfect at it's price point. Upgrading to the the GT350 cuz you lose nothing, gain "The Sound", meaner agressive looks, the perfect track chassis/drivetrain, and I've always wanted a Shelby! And you lose nothing... still has room for 4, grocery-getter, just world-class.

The Mustang is selling like crazy internationally for a reason.

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
How do you? GM has already been caught lying and or cheating with hp numbers.

Are we to believe the Z28 had a real 505 crank hp while the GT350 has 526 crank hp.

How does the Z dyno rear wheel hp of 469 and the R at 471. How can you honestly explain that the difference is honest of GM?
505 crank hp that shows 469rwhp is a 7% loss.
526 crank hp that shows 471Rwhp is a 10.5% loss.

Do you really believe that GM's drive train is 3.5% more efficient? Yeah right! The GT350 and R has a lighter rotating mass transmission, the R has lighter wheels and tires.

The z actually made 525 crank hp. Not 505 as advertised. That being said I doubt the 1LE makes 455 hp. I'm guessing 465-470.
What's the true weight of the 1LE?
What? GM lie? No way!

Kinda like that Grand National that could do 0-60 in some rediculous time yet I dusted every one with my "under-powered" fox-body 5.0 stick EVERY time in the real world.

Government Motors is like voting for H. If you like liars.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Go find out. Skill levels vary greatly. Know this, most car enthusiasts skill level is average at best. Many think they are great and arent by any means. :lol:
I know that everyone can argue about these cars til the end of time, and never have an answer.

How it relates to me, I'd probably get no noticeable difference out of a lot of cars in this segment.

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Yeah, ok, just another win for a non-PP 5.0. My current daily and a car that is just perfect at it's price point. Upgrading to the the GT350 cuz you lose nothing, gain "The Sound", meaner agressive looks, the perfect track chassis/drivetrain, and I've always wanted a Shelby! And you lose nothing... still has room for 4, grocery-getter, just world-class.

The Mustang is selling like crazy internationally for a reason.
That was a GTPP.:cheers:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
+100 My guess Ford ups the GT with more hp, a better track pack than this joke they call the PP, and get that car competitive with the 1LE for $6-7000 less.

Dont get me wrong, the PP is a good package and GT is demolishing SS sales by like 3-1 so its not like Ford isnt just raking in the cash on these units anyway. But imorovements are all part of the process.

Cant wait to see the GT500 specs.. > 700hp for sure.
I disagree. The GTPP is a home run currently in my book. People are buying these for daily drivers, not track cars.

If Ford wants to compete with the 1le, they need to offer an option with adjustable shocks, better tires and Recaro seats. Call it the track pack again and then let magazines compare that to the 1le and leave the GTPP for us consumers. It's still going to be slower around most tracks, but at least we won't have to put up with a harsher ride and uncomfortable seats on a street oriented vehicle.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I disagree. The GTPP is a home run currently in my book. People are buying these for daily drivers, not track cars.

If Ford wants to compete with the 1le, they need to offer an option with adjustable shocks, better tires and Recaro seats. Call it the track pack again and then let magazines compare that to the 1le and leave the GTPP for us consumers. It's still going to be slower around most tracks, but at least we won't have to put up with a harsher ride and uncomfortable seats on a street oriented vehicle.
I think if they use Magride like the gt350 it could be both a DD and track car. But I do agree they should have a separate track package unless they feel the gt350 is that.:thumbsup:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Speaking of street driving. It will be interesting to see if the 6th gen Camaro 1LE has a more compliant ride then the 5th gen 1LE. I wasn't a fan of the old 1LEs ride on anything but smooth highway.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I think if they use Magride like the gt350 it could be both a DD and track car. But I do agree they should have a separate track package unless they feel the gt350 is that.:thumbsup:
They could, but the costs associated would be fairly large. That is a big chuck of the $6500 option the 1le carries.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speaking of street driving. It will be interesting to see if the 6th gen Camaro 1LE has a more compliant ride then the 5th gen 1LE. I wasn't a fan of the old 1LEs ride on anything but smooth highway.
Magride should make it much better when put in tour mode. I have Magride in my Vette and there is a big change from track and tour modes.:cheers:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They could, but the costs associated would be fairly large. That is a big chuck of the $6500 option the 1le carries.
Magride is only a $1700 option, the rest of the $6500 is the NPP, forged wheels, Recaros seats, HUD, and big sneakers.:cheers:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Magride is only a $1700 option, the rest of the $6500 is the NPP, forged wheels, Recaros seats, HUD, and big sneakers.:cheers:
That's it? No other suspension bits?

So in other words, a 1SS with a $1700 upgrade and bigger shoes would potential keep up with a 1le? There has to be something else to cover that $6500.
Sponsored