Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
No one ever said a Camaro was going to beat a modern exotic.

It is 100% clear to me how much a difference the driver makes. That was the whole point of my post. That is precisely why the lap times that Pobst puts down on the same day are indeed meaningful. Same driver, same day shows real results. Sorry if you can't swallow that.
That's my point. I agreed with you on your first statement.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Haha. Man you are getting really worked up over this. What if they do test them with Pobst, and the 1LE is faster?
I'm not worked up. It's just a stupid endless conversation. Enough of beating a dead horse. The R beats the Z and the Z beats the 1LE. The Z barely beats the Track pack.
Enough said.
General motor trend is a joke.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I'm not worked up. It's just a stupid endless conversation. Enough of beating a dead horse. The R beats the Z and the Z beats the 1LE. The Z barely beats the Track pack.
Enough said.
General motor trend is a joke.
The R beats the Z. The R beats the 1LE. The Z beats the TP. That's all we know for sure. Btw the Z beat the TP by more than the R beat the Z, so.....
It sure sounds like you're a little upset over how close in performance the 350 and 1LE is.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So what's the difference in time a non skilled driver like me do in each of these cars?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
So what's the difference in time a non skilled driver like me do in each of these cars?
Go find out. Skill levels vary greatly. Know this, most car enthusiasts skill level is average at best. Many think they are great and arent by any means. :lol:

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The faster the car, the greater the difference will be between you and the pro.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The R beats the Z. The R beats the 1LE. The Z beats the TP. That's all we know for sure. Btw the Z beat the TP by more than the R beat the Z, so.....
It sure sounds like you're a little upset over how close in performance the 350 and 1LE is.
I'm not upset. I also know the 1le doesn't beat the track pack. They may be equal. This conversation is just as old as trump vs Clinton.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
I'm done reading this thread and arguing over stupid magazine results of a inferior piece of shit Camaro 1LE. What a stupid name of a package anyhow. Their is no way in hell a Camaro with 71 less hp, near equal weight is ever going to beat a GT350 track pack! The Z28 was beat by the R and everyone knows it. Now the magazine wants to post times from different days and different drivers and show the Z as the faster car? Give me a break! They never had creditable results and this proves it.
as far as we know,the CRAPMARO 1le might have been a RINGER car.the PILL has a point.the 1le could have had alot more power for the test.Garbage Motors is known for that.As you said,there is no way a real 1le can beat a a GT350 TP:cheers::ford:

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
How dp you know this?
How do you? GM has already been caught lying and or cheating with hp numbers.

Are we to believe the Z28 had a real 505 crank hp while the GT350 has 526 crank hp.

How does the Z dyno rear wheel hp of 469 and the R at 471. How can you honestly explain that the difference is honest of GM?
505 crank hp that shows 469rwhp is a 7% loss.
526 crank hp that shows 471Rwhp is a 10.5% loss.

Do you really believe that GM's drive train is 3.5% more efficient? Yeah right! The GT350 and R has a lighter rotating mass transmission, the R has lighter wheels and tires.

The z actually made 525 crank hp. Not 505 as advertised. That being said I doubt the 1LE makes 455 hp. I'm guessing 465-470.
What's the true weight of the 1LE?

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
The 1LEs tires are more comparable to the 350R's Cup 2 & Z28's Trofeo R tires than the 350TP's SuperSports. So the 1LE has a tire advantage and given its less weight, it will be close to the 350TP.

I wouldn't draw any conclusions until you see a back to back of a pro (like Randy) drive both on the same day. Until that happens, I wouldn't read into other tracks lap times, especially Lightning Lap.

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Here's my personal best time around VIR in my GT350R: 0:00.0

This is the same time I've put up at NCM, AMP, Barber and any other track that I've experienced.

The car is STILL the most enjoyable car to drive that I have owned to-date. (And I've had a few!). Seeing that a z/28 from a year ago in different conditions, likely with different drivers behind the wheel, with a time .9 seconds faster around VIR does nothing to change how I feel about this car. I can imagine non-R GT350 owners feel similarly about their cars, whether or not a suspension-packed Camaro is capable of putting down similar performance metrics for a lower cost.

If someone gets the same type of feeling from driving a SS/1LE or z/28, then that is what they need to own. A car with better performance statistics or better bang-for-the-buck does not necessarily relegate it to being a better car. That decision can only be made by the buyer.
AMEN. So much is better about the S550/GT350 platform alone than the too small, impractible, less fun to drive Chevy this is another slam dunk for our cars.
Sponsored