Sponsored

'17 GT350 vs '17 Camaro SS 1LE

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Oh man, a friend of mine had that happened to him.. bought a 2010 4.6 and when the 2011 5.0 came out with 100 more ponies running high 12's.. he felt SICK. I'm sure there were rumors about it but not sure why he didn't wait.
Yeah..this stinks but sometimes you just have to take the plunge. The 2010 GT was certainly worth the asking price even if something significantly better came along right after.

Likewise, The Z/28 was also worth the asking price at the time just as the GT350 is worth the asking price now.

In my case, I was able to trade in my 2009 GT (With 17,000 very happy miles on the odometer) while only losing about $1200 off my purchase price. I lucked out. My 2011 GT has been a sweetheart and it's going to suck to trade this one in. :D
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Likewise, The Z/28 was also worth the asking price at the time just as the GT350 is worth the asking price now.
I don't buy cars to make money. I buy them to have fun driving. The most important thing for me is whether the car I bought was/is enjoyable to drive.

To me the Z/28 wasn't worth it. I never even considered buying that car. However, I wanted the GT350 from the day I heard the phrase "flat plane crank".

It's amusing to me how some people continually post about tenths of a second differences in a magazine test, but seem to completely ignore whether a car will be fun to drive. Many of those people don't even own the car they continually brag about - nor do they own the other car it's being compared to.

I often can't tell whether I will enjoy a car without driving it. If the information I read/hear about a car intrigues me, I go drive it. Without having actually driven the car you are discussing, you are hardly an expert on whether it's a good car or not. If you haven't driven either of the cars in the discussion - you really know nothing at all.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
So what happens when they extend the GT350 production out?

I do believe you said you would sell your car if they continued out GT350 production..

You call Camaro owners a dumbass for buying a Z/28 for that much, but you spent the money on a GT350, nuked it's warranty by modifying it out the ass, and then said this..
If I decide to sell it that's my choice.
I also did not spend $75k on a car and mod it only to have a next years model come out for 15k less.
I'll guarantee you this. No stock 2018 mustang GT is going to beat a stock 2015-2017 GT350. And the performance of the next S650 mustang GT won't be 15k + less then the current GT350.
The z28 was way over priced and GM proved that. Not my fault. But facts are facts.
Look at it this way. The boss and gt350 are not 15k+ apart in price.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Ouch. Since you own a GT350, you might be even more vulnerable to the scenario that you're talking about with the Z/28 people.

What will you say when the revised GT is just as quick as the GT350? t could happen next model year! Even if it doesn't, look a couple years don the road: Where the Boss302 was the benchmark for the S550 GT, you can bet your ass that the S650 GT will use the GT350 as its benchmark.

It's going to happen and it won't be too far out if Ford has any interest in maintaining the performance image of the Mustang. You may get a couple extra years here to have the hot NA V8 Mustang but not for long.
That's my point. But the price difference will not be 15k or more.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
I don't buy cars to make money. I buy them to have fun driving. The most important thing for me is whether the car I bought was/is enjoyable to drive.

To me the Z/28 wasn't worth it. I never even considered buying that car. However, I wanted the GT350 from the day I heard the phrase "flat plane crank".

It's amusing to me how some people continually post about tenths of a second differences in a magazine test, but seem to completely ignore whether a car will be fun to drive. Many of those people don't even own the car they continually brag about - nor do they own the other car it's being compared to.

I often can't tell whether I will enjoy a car without driving it. If the information I read/hear about a car intrigues me, I go drive it. Without having actually driven the car you are discussing, you are hardly an expert on whether it's a good car or not. If you haven't driven either of the cars in the discussion - you really know nothing at all.
I agree with ya.. but remember, having gobles of HP/TRQ will def. make it fun while having the "boss" feeling. I know.. I have a G35 and when the 5.0's get next to me.. i feel like I have a Chevy Cruze :(

I drove my friend's 5.0.. Albeit it's not the faster car compared to the new SS or GT350.. you still felt like a boss driving it since you know it's faster than 95% of the cars on the road. And that V8 exhaust damn!

I also drove an older Miata and to me that is the funnest car I ever drove! But will I dismiss the lack of HP/TRQ to purchase one over a 5.0? NEVER! lol

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It might get slight power bump but it won't be anywhere remotely close to Voodoo - to think otherwise it is foolish. And not sure what A10 has to do with it, it will be another lousy auto transmission....
Keep telling yourself that.

That A10 will kick the ever loving crap out of any manual car.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I'm 100% on board with this. I owned two Miatas back to back. They were each insanely fun to drive cars. One of them received the turbo/coilover/sticky tire treatment, the other was basically stock and they were each a blast in their own way. The stock one would be walked by a minivan through the 1/4 mile...but it didn't matter one bit.

It sounds like you found the car that pushes all the right buttons for you which is just excellent to hear and not surprising based on everything I know about the GT350. However, I would bet my RE-11s that there are people who feel exactly the same way about their 5th gen Z/28s. God bless 'em. :D

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Keep telling yourself that.

That A10 will kick the ever loving crap out of any manual car.
i dunno why people nowadays hate on autos. ive driven manuals my entire life, i plan on driving the 18 refresh with the ten speed, if i like it i'll trade up. besides a quarter mile track is 5 miles away and i know i cant lauch a manual car for shit..:headbonk:

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Most hardcore racers I know (Well at least used to race) prefer an auto for consistent launches. The guys who track their car, old school guys, don't race often will always prefer the manual for the fun factor and the connection to the car.

I always wondered.. If two identical cars (Close as possible) had the exact driver:

a) Auto car got a 1.8 60 foot
b) Manual car got a 1.8 60 foot

will their ET's be identical?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Most hardcore racers I know (Well at least used to race) prefer an auto for consistent launches. The guys who track their car, old school guys, don't race often will always prefer the manual for the fun factor and the connection to the car.

I always wondered.. If two identical cars (Close as possible) had the exact driver:

a) Auto car got a 1.8 60 foot
b) Manual car got a 1.8 60 foot

will their ET's be identical?
Which auto?

Old C4/C6's? AODE/4R70W? 5R55S?

The 6R80 in the Mustang is where the auto really started eclipsing the manual in terms of 1/4 quickness. So if we're talking about from 2011 forward...

Given equal power, equal launches, the automatic will utterly demolish the manual car. There's no human error in shifting, no clutch foul ups..it's just more consistent and able to handle power. You'll see people holding onto "a well driven manual will beat an auto"..well there is a word to describe them.

Wrong

Sponsored

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Which auto?

Old C4/C6's? AODE/4R70W? 5R55S?

The 6R80 in the Mustang is where the auto really started eclipsing the manual in terms of 1/4 quickness. So if we're talking about from 2011 forward...

Given equal power, equal launches, the automatic will utterly demolish the manual car. There's no human error in shifting, no clutch foul ups..it's just more consistent and able to handle power. You'll see people holding onto "a well driven manual will beat an auto"..well there is a word to describe them.

Wrong
I got ya.. yeah that's what I meant, equal power and equal launches.. so you think the auto like DCT, Chevy's 8 speed, the new 10 speed will yield better ETS with the exact launch?

I always thought it's the launches mainly 60fts that the auto really beats the manual since the manual can always power shift thru the gears.

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Not all automatics are faster, and not all manual drivers are the same. If a good stick driver is at the wheel of two otherwise equal cars, do not count the stick shift out! You can not compare a race manual to a production manual trans. I've drag raced for over 26 years and I've used many manuals. So to say an automatic is always faster is "WRONG"
Until you drive a car with a Jericho, liberty or lenco keep guessing. I've owned both Jerichos and Liberty trans. And power shifting both is better than a automatic. Period. You can't miss a gear when used with a v-gate shifter such as long. Racing with a automatic is numb and skill-less.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4