Cooled seats not cooling

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
As much as I want to be hopeful it sounds like they want this to go away.
Not for the F150 they don't. They will fix whatever is wrong with the F150 to avoid tarnishing the reputation.

They don't care nearly as much about the Mustang, unfortunately. Look at it's initial and current build quality (panel fitment/body issues), that should tell you all you need to know. The plant manager should have been fired for releasing those vehicles in such terrible shape.

Nobody cares, the world keeps turning, people keep buying Mustangs.

:frusty:
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That's not true they will fix it in every model that uses that same part. If they have the parts why would they deny whatever repair they have?

TSBs are voluntary, the dealership doesn't mail you a TSB but if you come in for it they will fix it. Versus a recall which they notify owners to bring their vehicles in for a mandatory repair.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
Just picked mine back up from having the heat shield recall.

Dealer say the seat is in Ford spec.

After a 20 minute drive back to my office the seatback temp varied from 95 at the lower lumbar to 88 mid-upper back.

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
The thing is: This will never generate a recall. Recalls are generated by very different criteria.

A fix for this will generate a Technical Service Bulletin. Cars coming into dealer service department with this issue WHILE UNDER WARRANTY (3/36) will get a repair based on the TSB. If you wait past the 3 years/36,000 miles, you will pay for it.

Recalls are almost always safety related issues. And recalls are not limited by miles or age. Most TSB state that the repair is covered by "Normal Warranty Applies".

I qualify this by saying I was a dealership service manager 12 years before moving up the corporate ladder. I was in charge of all service and administrated all warranty repairs. Anything outside the stated warranty criteria could be approved by a district or zone manager....so while those terms are written in stone, there are exceptions.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
The thing is: This will never generate a recall. Recalls are generated by very different criteria.

A fix for this will generate a Technical Service Bulletin. Cars coming into dealer service department with this issue WHILE UNDER WARRANTY (3/36) will get a repair based on the TSB. If you wait past the 3 years/36,000 miles, you will pay for it.

Recalls are almost always safety related issues. And recalls are not limited by miles or age. Most TSB state that the repair is covered by "Normal Warranty Applies".

I qualify this by saying I was a dealership service manager 12 years before moving up the corporate ladder. I was in charge of all service and administrated all warranty repairs. Anything outside the stated warranty criteria could be approved by a district or zone manager....so while those terms are written in stone, there are exceptions.

Finally someone who understands!

A seat fix on cooling won't be a recall (unless safety). It'll be a tsb (maybe with a part assigned to it) and only be done if you show up with that problem. Won't get any mail, and go get other work done, dealership won't even ask you about it. Cheaper that way. Don't fix it if the customer doesn't know it's broken.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Finally someone who understands!

A seat fix on cooling won't be a recall (unless safety). It'll be a tsb (maybe with a part assigned to it) and only be done if you show up with that problem. Won't get any mail, and go get other work done, dealership won't even ask you about it. Cheaper that way. Don't fix it if the customer doesn't know it's broken.
But I could light on fire..

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
This was posted by MDBoostWorks on the F-150 board;

Here you go guys. Just came across OASIS this morning. Ford has officially acknowledged there is an issue.

Aug 13 2015 1775-2015 F-150 Lariat/Platinum/King Ranch - Climate Control Seats - Front Seat Backrests Not Cooling

Some 2015 F-150 Lariat/Platinum/King Ranch vehicles equipped with climate controlled seats, may exhibit a lack of cooling from the front seat backrests. Using the Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) tool check for any continuous Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s) and attempt to clear them with the IDS first. If any DTC’s return then follow the normal diagnostics in Workshop Manual, Section 501-10A. If there are no DTC’s present or no DTC's return and the front seat backrests exhibit a lack of cooling, do not make any further repair attempts. Engineering is aware of this concern and is investigating. Continue to monitor OASIS for future updates.

Any insiders here that can see if there's anything similar for the Mustang in OASIS?

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302
So by reading that, if the coolers fail it can trip a dtc?

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That's not true they will fix it in every model that uses that same part. If they have the parts why would they deny whatever repair they have?

TSBs are voluntary, the dealership doesn't mail you a TSB but if you come in for it they will fix it. Versus a recall which they notify owners to bring their vehicles in for a mandatory repair.
The dealership won't mail you a TSB but Ford can/will. I received a TSB on my Mitsubishi for a problem that wasn't on all of the same models.

Everyone needs to stop griping on the boards and start griping to their service managers.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Everyone needs to stop griping on the boards and start griping to their service managers.
People are griping here because their service managers pretended the problem was "intended design". :shrug:

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Silverado - '15 Ecoboost
Any insiders here that can see if there's anything similar for the Mustang in OASIS?
Just checked OASIS, nothing yet on the seats.
Sponsored