Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I'm greatly disappointed with the ford contacts that deysha set me up with, Rita Lott's voicemail even said, please leave your name, claim, and a message and I will follow up before the business day is through...

Yea I never got contacted back. Very highly unprofessional
Same thing happened to me. Only received one initial call. I tried calling two separate times and got voicemail. Received an email three weeks later stating that they have tried to call me several times. I received only one call.... replied to the email with all sorts of info from this thread. Received a response at least two weeks later... Back and forth at least two more times over a two month period and really only had four emails total. my dealer now has all the info from this thread and when I go in for the heat shield recall I will have them check the temps again with my mod in place on one seat. :frusty:
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Me too. My local CSR ignored me for well over a month. I had to get loud on my millionth VM to finally get a call back. Inconceivable.

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
WOW..... just WOW....

That's unacceptable....how do these people keep their jobs? Isn't there anyone that we can actually go to? or is all this just a bunch of BS, that is put out there for us latch onto to buy ford time...

I am pretty raged over the fact that I can't get ahold of these people...

Blacklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm greatly disappointed with the ford contacts that deysha set me up with, Rita Lott's voicemail even said, please leave your name, claim, and a message and I will follow up before the business day is through...

What you need to do is contact Ford customer support. Explain the problem with the CSM and then ask to speak to someone higher up. Then file a BBB autoline complaint. I had the same issue. I filed a BBB complaint, my CSM went AWOL and I spoke to customer service and demanded to speak to a supervisor. I got a call back from Ford corporate within 24 hours. The BBB monitored the whole situation and it began to move that mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
What you need to do is contact Ford customer support. Explain the problem with the CSM and then ask to speak to someone higher up. Then file a BBB autoline complaint. I had the same issue. I filed a BBB complaint, my CSM went AWOL and I spoke to customer service and demanded to speak to a supervisor. I got a call back from Ford corporate within 24 hours. The BBB monitored the whole situation and it began to move that mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right, clearly both of these CSM's aren't responsible enough to handle their occupations. I'm so salty over the contact situation that it's bothering me constantly. If I treated a customer like this in my occupation, I would have received disciplinary action. There is no tolerance at my place of work for ignoring customers. The thing that KILLS me is that Rita's voicemail CLEARLY STATES, "I will respond to you before the close of business day"

How could you have that on your voicemail and then not follow through? Sorry I keep going on guys but I have just been fuming about this.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey guys I just thought I would chime in to let everybody know that after working with Deysha she set me up with a regional customer service manager named Amber this person emailed me and I emailed them back and never received a response I sent three follow-up emails after my first initial email and never received one single response. Following that out of nowhere another customer service representative emailed me by the name of Rita , she stated that Amber had not received any contact from me whatsoever so I forwarded her the all the emails that I sent to Amber. Rita has yet to contact me as well I have called and left voicemails on both of the voicemail boxes for both Amber and Rita and I still have yet to hear back from any of them. looks like getting something done about these cooled seats is going to be a lot more difficult than meets the eye
I'm greatly disappointed with the ford contacts that Deysha set me up with, Rita's voicemail even said, please leave your name, claim, and a message and I will follow up before the business day is through...

I’ve sent an email to both of them, and will have your CSM contact you as soon as possible, willmkent.

Deysha

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You're right, clearly both of these CSM's aren't responsible enough to handle their occupations. I'm so salty over the contact situation that it's bothering me constantly. If I treated a customer like this in my occupation, I would have received disciplinary action. There is no tolerance at my place of work for ignoring customers. The thing that KILLS me is that Rita's voicemail CLEARLY STATES, "I will respond to you before the close of business day"

How could you have that on your voicemail and then not follow through? Sorry I keep going on guys but I have just been fuming about this.
If I were you, I'll call the dealership (their regular number) and insist on talking to the GM. That should escalate things for you.

woode

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Add me to the list of people who's cooled seat backs don't work.

The bottoms work OKAY most of the time, one time they worked pretty well and I even felt a little something from the back.. but that was it - just one time randomly.

Going to take it to my local dealership tomorrow.

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
According to the F150 thread, a new snorkel fix is in production for the F150s. Supposedly the part will start being shipped out on Aug 24th or 25th then another batch will ship on Sep 4th. If that info is true, I am sure a TSB will be released very soon.

Whether the same is in the works for the Mustang is still a mystery:shrug:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
According to the F150 thread, a new snorkel fix is in production for the F150s. Supposedly the part will start being shipped out on Aug 24th or 25th then another batch will ship on Sep 4th. If that info is true, I am sure a TSB will be released very soon.

Whether the same is in the works for the Mustang is still a mystery:shrug:
I'm betting the Mustang will get a similar fix, and a TSB will be issued at some point. If it works for the F150, the same fix will be applied to the Mustang ... only makes sense.

Sponsored

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Add me to the list. Haven't taken mine in yet, but plan to do soon.

Seat back starts to cool then stops cooling. The actual seat part works just fine.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
I'm betting the Mustang will get a similar fix, and a TSB will be issued at some point. If it works for the F150, the same fix will be applied to the Mustang ... only makes sense.
My goal is to rain on your parade.

The F-150 offers more variables to play with. There is likely more space under the seat and more space in the seat.

Also, there are underseat AC ducts in at least some of them so one possibility is to divert some of that to cool the TEDs.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My goal is to rain on your parade.

The F-150 offers more variables to play with. There is likely more space under the seat and more space in the seat.

Also, there are underseat AC ducts in at least some of them so one possibility is to divert some of that to cool the TEDs.
A couple of members posted in this very thread that their home-make intake duct that sucked cooler cabin air from under the seat (compared to the hot trapped air inside the seat) made a huge difference in the function of the cooler in the back of the seat. I'm sure Ford is looking at something similar as a fix for the Mustang - which would be a tube that went from the cooling unit to the underside of the seat.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Just back from the dealer. Seat cooling performance is "within ford specs", no bad codes etc. They did review the info from this thread and were sympathetic, saying they agree it's a bad design/engineering, but until Ford recognizes it & comes in with a TSB etc there's nothing they can do.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just back from the dealer. Seat cooling performance is "within ford specs", no bad codes etc. They did review the info from this thread and were sympathetic, saying they agree it's a bad design/engineering, but until Ford recognizes it & comes in with a TSB etc there's nothing they can do.
Did they check them with the diagnostic tool after they had been on for 15~20 min or longer? If not, then they will probably show to be working "within spec". Many here say the backs stop cooling and even start warming up after being on for 15~20 min.
Sponsored