Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I will be bringing this up when I take my car in for it's 1st oil change.
Sponsored

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
The Ford Service rep on the F150 boards confirmed Ford Corp is looking into the issue for the F150s;

Greetings,

Ford is aware of these reports and investigating the issue to find a solution.

Chad

p: 800.392.FORD
t: [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford

Others had contact with people or sources within Ford that also confirmed Ford was working on something to resolve this for the F150s. Nothing has been mentioned about the Mustang.

Ford has also been giving a couple people free extended warranties due to the troubles. These offers came from the regional rep based on what people posted.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Well, isn't that nice for people who buy the products Ford gives a crap about?

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
They told me verbally that they could not get the backs to cool at all... I wish they documented it but they didn't and I didn't notice until I got home
Thanks, willmkent - that's one more item to keep an eye out for when reviewing my dealer's service write-up.
:D

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I hate to say it and nothing against ford mechanics, but they aren't trained to design and implement engineering oriented fixes, that's a manufacturing function. I know the techs can only do so much, especially when it comes to diagnosing a system on a car that's (relatively) new to automobiles. With Ac, if customer says it's not working, you shoot your laser at it or pop a thermometer in the vent and let it run to get a temp. It could be easy to understand how a mech might do that, because it's "air conditioning", just in a different way.
I doubt ford will be doing much with the seats with as many other issues they have had. But I am still documenting these things with ford, and if I am able to engineer a legit (noticeable improvement), safe, effective, and quality fix, I will release it on here. Not saying it's Ford certified or that I will do it on my car, but I will try to come up with a fix.
I design and build the best corporate jets in the world, I'm sure with all the talent I work with we can come up with something.

Sponsored

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'll be going by Ford tomorrow to file a complaint.. Out here in the desert was one of the big selling points of the cooled seats. They are a absolute fail.
I am scheduled for an appointment tomorrow as well. I am not dropping it off.
Don't trust anyone AND want to be around when they make these determinations.
Glad to learn you’re bringing them in, guys. Let me know if you need me to escalate these for you.

Deysha

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'll just say mine don't work either. It's funny, in the Kelly Blue Book review of the Mustang last year the reviewer even complained that the seatback had no cooling in their video. You would think Ford would have tried to fix it. I'd be curious to try them in a 2016 and see if they work any better. This was a really nice feature that I was looking forward to enjoying this summer but just gave up on it :/

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
That's the thing, don't give up. That's why ford keeps doing this stuff, people get discouraged (understandably) and say screw it. You paid for what was advertised. Not for what was a "possible feature".

mike62

Mike62
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm taking my car in on sat for her first oil change. When I tell them about the seats and they come back and say they don't know and can't fix the problem what do I do then? I want to get in the list of complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Deep Impact Blue EcoBoost Premium A/T
Just got back from the dealer and my list or concerns.
Regarding the seats, I had asked that they not just unplug the device to plug it into a computer to tell me that it's working. I specifically said that the seat BACKS increase in temperature or do not cool.
The shop foreman agreed that they did not cool, however, he went on to say how they pulled around a new '15 on the lot and it did the same exact thing. Nothing to fix as far as he knew.
I explained that is exactly the problem. The new car has the problem because it's just that...a problem. I asked him to do whatever he could to document that there was a difference in temperature between seat bottom and seat back. He said he understood and that he would do that as well as follow up with a hotline call to engineering to verbally convey the message. I don't know what timeline he's on, and I'll be away for a bit on travel. We'll sync up in September sometime.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Just got back from the dealer and my list or concerns.
Regarding the seats, I had asked that they not just unplug the device to plug it into a computer to tell me that it's working. I specifically said that the seat BACKS increase in temperature or do not cool.
The shop foreman agreed that they did not cool, however, he went on to say how they pulled around a new '15 on the lot and it did the same exact thing. Nothing to fix as far as he knew.
I explained that is exactly the problem. The new car has the problem because it's just that...a problem. I asked him to do whatever he could to document that there was a difference in temperature between seat bottom and seat back. He said he understood and that he would do that as well as follow up with a hotline call to engineering to verbally convey the message. I don't know what timeline he's on, and I'll be away for a bit on travel. We'll sync up in September sometime.

same issue here, my seat backs do not cool.

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
Rcvd phone call from the CSR at lunch time today.

Ford has identified the problem. They have a prototype part to try on the.......F150.

They understand and state that hot air is being directed back up into the seat.

If this works, then they will roll out the "fix" to the Mustang, Fusion, Taurus, etc. No fix will be announced. You must keep checking with dealer in order to find out anything.

So.........we wait.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT

Ford has identified the problem. They have a prototype part to try on the.......F150.

If this works, then they will roll out the "fix" to the Mustang, Fusion, Taurus, etc. No fix will be announced. You must keep checking with dealer in order to find out anything.

So.........we wait.
Keep us updated if you can. Thanks to everyone going through the trouble to document this and hopefully we get a resolution. I don't have a car yet but hope there is a fix by the time I receive it or shortly after.

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Deep Impact Blue EcoBoost Premium A/T

So.........we wait.
As much as I want to be hopeful it sounds like they want this to go away.
Sponsored