Cooled seats not cooling

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
This was posted by MDBoostWorks on the F-150 board;

Here you go guys. Just came across OASIS this morning. Ford has officially acknowledged there is an issue.

Aug 13 2015 1775-2015 F-150 Lariat/Platinum/King Ranch - Climate Control Seats - Front Seat Backrests Not Cooling

Some 2015 F-150 Lariat/Platinum/King Ranch vehicles equipped with climate controlled seats, may exhibit a lack of cooling from the front seat backrests. Using the Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) tool check for any continuous Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s) and attempt to clear them with the IDS first. If any DTC’s return then follow the normal diagnostics in Workshop Manual, Section 501-10A. If there are no DTC’s present or no DTC's return and the front seat backrests exhibit a lack of cooling, do not make any further repair attempts. Engineering is aware of this concern and is investigating. Continue to monitor OASIS for future updates.

Any insiders here that can see if there's anything similar for the Mustang in OASIS?
Thank you for sharing. Its not a TSB but its the first step towards one, at least for the F150. We stand to benefit eventually.

av99gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang GT
I've been lurking on this post since the beginning, this is really disappointing. I was really happy that the cooled seats were being offered with this new gen.

The plan earlier, before this problem cropped up, was ordering around this time I was just waiting for some financial things to wrap-up. Hopefully there will be an update that this will get corrected (TSB), so I can order what I want soon, or I will have to change my plan.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
As disappointing as it may be, the fact that the seatback doesn't get cold isn't a new thing. I've experienced "cooled seats" in several other cars and almost all of them don't get the seatback cooled. I've tried other Fords, they're all the same. The 60k Cadillac CTS I've been driving for a week now has the same problem. I think it's just that cooled seat technology still kinda sucks. The only vehicles I've been in that have cooled seats that actually work properly are Audis and Porsches (same company). All the others have been disappointments. This is why I've never really tried to get the seats fixed in the Mustang.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
As disappointing as it may be, the fact that the seatback doesn't get cold isn't a new thing. I've experienced "cooled seats" in several other cars and almost all of them don't get the seatback cooled. I've tried other Fords, they're all the same. The 60k Cadillac CTS I've been driving for a week now has the same problem. I think it's just that cooled seat technology still kinda sucks. The only vehicles I've been in that have cooled seats that actually work properly are Audis and Porsches (same company). All the others have been disappointments. This is why I've never really tried to get the seats fixed in the Mustang.
My 2007 Lexus IS cooled seats worked well.

I drove an Optima with "ventilated" seats. They seemed much weaker than the Lexus. I believe they were merely redirecting air from the underseat ducts for the rear passengers and did not use thermo-electric cooling. Still, they were more effective than the Mustang.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Last year I drove a rental Grand Cherokee with cooled seats and God we were freezing! Either bottom AND back seats cools very well. So when I ordered the Mustang, due to the all leather seats, I gladly paid +700 eur to have my back cooled...

black1985gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT premium
I am having the cooling issue as well. I contacted Deysha earlier and will be making an appointment tomorrow morning to take it to the dealership. Hopefully we can get a fix at some point. I'm used to having swamp ass in my Bronco, not swamp back.

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
So my service manager stepped in to get my car fixed and he called me to let me know he's working with ford directly. Hopefully we get one step closer to all of this

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am having the cooling issue as well. I contacted Deysha earlier and will be making an appointment tomorrow morning to take it to the dealership. Hopefully we can get a fix at some point. I'm used to having swamp ass in my Bronco, not swamp back.
Thank you for the PM, black1985gt! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha

willmkent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Hey guys I just thought I would chime in to let everybody know that after working with Deysha she set me up with a regional customer service manager named Amber Humes this person emailed me and I emailed them back and never received a response I sent three follow-up emails after my first initial email and never received one single response. Following that out of nowhere another customer service representative emailed me by the name of Rita lott, she stated that Amber humes had not received any contact from me whatsoever so I forwarded her the all the emails that I sent to Amber. Rita has yet to contact me as well I have called and left voicemails on both of the voicemail boxes for both Amber and Rita and I still have yet to hear back from any of them. looks like getting something done about these cooled seats is going to be a lot more difficult than meets the eye

Last edited:

Sponsored

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
Hey guys I just thought I would chime in to let everybody know that after working with Deysha she set me up with a regional customer service manager named Amber Humes this person emailed me and I emailed them back and never received a response I sent three follow-up emails after my first initial email and never received one single response. Following that out of nowhere another customer service representative emailed me by the name of Rita lots, she stated that Amber humes had not received any contact from me whatsoever so I forwarded her the all the emails that I sent to Amber. Rita has yet to contact me as well I have called and left voicemails on both of the voicemail boxes for both Amber and Rita and I still have yet to hear back from any of them. looks like getting something done about these cooled seats is going to be a lot more difficult than meets the eye
I got a call yesterday from a CSM named Angela. I then emailed her my details and thoughts.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Dropping mine off tmrw to get the seat back cooling (as well as some loose molding) looked at. Going to print out a bunch of this thread and give to dealer service, hopefully they'll at least b able to thoroughly test, document and move up the chain.

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Deep Impact Blue EcoBoost Premium A/T
Hey guys I just thought I would chime in to let everybody know that after working with Deysha she set me up with a regional customer service manager named Amber Humes this person emailed me and I emailed them back and never received a response I sent three follow-up emails after my first initial email and never received one single response. Following that out of nowhere another customer service representative emailed me by the name of Rita lots, she stated that Amber humes had not received any contact from me whatsoever so I forwarded her the all the emails that I sent to Amber. Rita has yet to contact me as well I have called and left voicemails on both of the voicemail boxes for both Amber and Rita and I still have yet to hear back from any of them. looks like getting something done about these cooled seats is going to be a lot more difficult than meets the eye
See my previous posts about my experiences with these folks...
This is common. As I said before...useless.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Dropped mine off tonight to get it looked at 1st thing tmrw. Not an auspicious start. Service manager to me: "does any air come out? It either works or it doesn't." I gave her my spiel (she did write it down) and a printout of some of this thread.

willmkent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I'm greatly disappointed with the ford contacts that deysha set me up with, Rita Lott's voicemail even said, please leave your name, claim, and a message and I will follow up before the business day is through...

Yea I never got contacted back. Very highly unprofessional
Sponsored