Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Just trying to provide direct insight from the dealer guys. I wish I had the solution too but this is all I have to contribute as of yet....
No problem. I personally thank everyone for taking theirs in and documenting it and putting up with the wasted time and headache of dealing with the service department. It shouldn't have to be that way though.
Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
My dealer's service department stated that any problems with the Mustang has to be sent in by them. Ford will not respond to customer complaints submitted directly. So if you have a problem with rattles,etc., you will have to have a service tech take your car out onto some very bad roads and see if they can hear them. Ford will not take any customers' word on problems...you're just the cash cow!

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Yea, I'm also tired of hearing this : "well it's the first year for the redesign so usually there are quirks"..... Yea here's and cooled seats have been around for a long time... This was simply just failed and stupid engineering ....

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Yea, I'm also tired of hearing this : "well it's the first year for the redesign so usually there are quirks"..... Yea here's and cooled seats have been around for a long time... This was simply just failed and stupid engineering ....
Creaks and rattles are one thing... total engineering failure is quite another.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Okay, now we know how a false negative can be created - by testing ONLY the seat bottoms and totally ignoring the seat backs.

I will tell my service dept the seat BACKS do not cool when I start car after sitting in the sun every day (I have no garage), and the backs begin to heat up after sitting in the seats while driving the car for 20 minutes with the seat cooling on.

Any suggestions for fine-tuning my "symptoms" to remove any remaining diagnosis wiggle room? Maybe by asking exactly how they will test, analize and arrive at their diagnosis? I'm open to any and all suggestions.
:D

Last edited:

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
That should do it. I guess you could specify that the bottoms cool fine so they don't focus on them.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Do you think there is any way we can get Ford to replace these standard leather seats and replace them with leather Recaros for the $1595?

Like others on this thread, I ditched the Recaros to get cooled seats.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Do you think there is any way we can get Ford to replace these standard leather seats and replace them with leather Recaros for the $1595?

Like others on this thread, I ditched the Recaros to get cooled seats.
I proposed exactly that. The CSR told me they can't do that because then the window sticker would be wrong (for real) and that my best bet would be to pick up a set on my own on ebay (I shit you not).

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
I proposed exactly that. The CSR told me they can't do that because then the window sticker would be wrong (for real) and that my best bet would be to pick up a set on my own on ebay (I shit you not).
Why would the window sticker matter at all? If you get a set off eBay it wouldn't match either. Are they just having issue with a warranty if the window sticker isn't matching what seats would then be in the car?

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Why would the window sticker matter at all? If you get a set off eBay it wouldn't match either. Are they just having issue with a warranty if the window sticker isn't matching what seats would then be in the car?
I can only assume he couldn't think of a better way to keep from laughing at my proposal.

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Okay, now we know how a false negative can be created - by testing ONLY the seat bottoms and totally ignoring the seat backs.

I will tell my service dept the seat BACKS do not cool when I start car after sitting in the sun every day (I have no garage), and the backs begin to heat up after sitting in the seats while driving the car for 20 minutes with the seat cooling on.

Any suggestions for fine-tuning my "symptoms" to remove any remaining diagnosis wiggle room? Maybe by asking exactly how they will test, analize and arrive at their diagnosis? I'm open to any and all suggestions.
:D
They told me verbally that they could not get the backs to cool at all... I wish they documented it but they didn't and I didn't notice until I got home

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
I'll be going by Ford tomorrow to file a complaint.. Out here in the desert was one of the big selling points of the cooled seats. They are a absolute fail.

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Deep Impact Blue EcoBoost Premium A/T
I am scheduled for an appointment tomorrow as well. I am not dropping it off.
Don't trust anyone AND want to be around when they make these determinations.
Sponsored