Wanting to go boost Paxton Vs VMP

xGarage5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
16’ Mustang GT 5.0/V8
What’s going on guys, bringing this thread back from the dead and wanted to get some feedback on best options for going boost. Should I go for a supercharger or procharger?
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
What’s going on guys, bringing this thread back from the dead and wanted to get some feedback on best options for going boost. Should I go for a supercharger or procharger?
A procharger is a supercharger. Procharger is just the brand name.

What are your goals with the car?

xGarage5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
16’ Mustang GT 5.0/V8
Probably should’ve been more specific. centrifugal vs twin/roots. I’m looking to probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of 700hp that would be the goal. Something I can track and daily (although my “daily” wouldn’t be driven daily) probably more so 2-3x per week.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Probably should’ve been more specific. centrifugal vs twin/roots. I’m looking to probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of 700hp that would be the goal. Something I can track and daily (although my “daily” wouldn’t be driven daily) probably more so 2-3x per week.
The next question to answer is when do you want the boost? Immediately down low like with a PD blower or higher in the RPM such as a centrifugal?

Auto or Manual car? What gears in the rearend? Lots to consider.

xGarage5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
16’ Mustang GT 5.0/V8
I would want as consistent power through the power band as possible, peaking power at higher rpm’s.
It’s a manual with 3.55 rear end. (I can change that out though)

Sponsored

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I would want as consistent power through the power band as possible, peaking power at higher rpm’s.
It’s a manual with 3.55 rear end. (I can change that out though)
PD. Especially with a manual.

xGarage5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
16’ Mustang GT 5.0/V8
PD. Especially with a manual.
Thank you for the feedback. In that case going with a PD blower, which one would you recommend? From what I have read the VMP Odin & Whipple the heavy hitters.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Thank you for the feedback. In that case going with a PD blower, which one would you recommend? From what I have read the VMP Odin & Whipple the heavy hitters.
All blowers are heavy hitters if you want them to be. Some buy big blowers and don't go fast, some run small blowers and go fast. Depends on what u want to do. Get the one that meets your budget, pic a color and buy it.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You can't go wrong with any kit, both great options, we install, sell and run both.

Both can make well over what the stock engine will handle

Hit me with any questions
Sponsored