Tips for going the FBO route

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
My tip, dont.

Just get the cheapest ESS kit and keep everything else stock. That will be the most cost effective way.
This
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So for starting out (stage 1) GT350 manifold, 87mm throttle body, and tune required cold air intake? This would leave room for me to do headers and catback later on?
If you go with a tune required CAI, you’ll need to tune right away. I run the no tune required PMAS. Yes, they would be good supporting mods in preparation for headers and catback.

OP
OP
5.0Rooster

5.0Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Slater
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you go with a tune required CAI, you’ll need to tune right away. I run the no tune required PMAS. Yes, they would be good supporting mods in preparation for headers and catback.
Is there a reason why you picked the no tune ?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Is there a reason why you picked the no tune
The no tune PMAS is still a 120mm tube it comes with a calibrated MAF sensor so it does not need a tune.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is there a reason why you picked the no tune ?
I liked the fact that it came with a new MAF sensor, whereas the tune required reuses the factory MAF sensor. In your case, you won’t be tuning up front, so it makes sense to go with the no tune required version. When you do tune, your tuner can squeeze any additional power out of the no tune required CAI if there’s any to be had. It’s a win/win situation for you.

OP
OP
5.0Rooster

5.0Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Slater
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
On American muscle it says the GT350 manifold requires custom calibration and that an handheld tuner is recommended? I thought no tune would be required?

OP
OP
5.0Rooster

5.0Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Slater
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I liked the fact that it came with a new MAF sensor, whereas the tune required reuses the factory MAF sensor. In your case, you won’t be tuning up front, so it makes sense to go with the no tune required version. When you do tune, your tuner can squeeze any additional power out of the no tune required CAI if there’s any to be had. It’s a win/win situation for you.
Oh ok that makes perfect sense

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
On American muscle it says the GT350 manifold requires custom calibration and that an handheld tuner is recommended? I thought no tune would be required?
My car came from the factory with the GT350 IM. Someone who has made the swap to a GT350 IM on a GT will have to answer this question, although it doesn’t look like this guy Alex, who’s a tuner for Lund Racing is retuning between IM swaps in this video.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5.0Rooster

5.0Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Slater
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My car came from the factory with the GT350 IM. Someone who has made the swap to a GT350 IM on a GT will have to answer this question, although it doesn’t look like this guy Alex, who’s a tuner for Lund Racing is retuning between IM swaps in this video.

Ok I just wanted to ask because I saw that

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Why not just buy the kit i linked? LMR has it in stock, and they are in Texas.

OP
OP
5.0Rooster

5.0Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Slater
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Why not just buy the kit i linked? LMR has it in stock, and they are in Texas.
I considered that. But that kit is $500 more. Does the GT350 manifold HAVE to run 91 octane or higher? Or was that just with that specific tune the kit offers?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I thought no tune would be required?
The GT350 manifold is a direct swap on a gen 2. The IMRC plug in and work. The stock 80 mm throttle body works with an adapter, I like the one from VMP.

The reason AM and others will say it needs a tune is because it makes power above what the gen 2 RPM limiter is set to. So to get the most out of it the RPM limiter needs to be raised. This can wait till you get all the other parts installed. Then your tuner will raise the limit.

The FRPP 3 tune is a nice kit.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Does the GT350 manifold HAVE to run 91 octane or higher? Or was that just with that specific tune the kit offers?
It needs 91 or 93 with the FRPP supplied tune. If you follow what I laid out you can still run 87.
Sponsored