bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So how does that work? You send the money to another company that buys it for you and ships it over?
At least in Bulgaria we have companies that have a storage facility in the States we order and pay and just change the shipping address to the one of the storage facility but adding an ID provided by the company. Ones the package arrive there they send it to Bulgaria and you pay transports + import taxes at there office and get the package. Is not ideal but it's a lot cheaper than using DHL / FedEx because they have a lot of packages and use a cargo container and passing down savings to customer. It's ok to use when vendor don't provide shipping outside of States like OPMustang.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also having a Mustang in Europe mean that you need to finish second degree in International shipping :) I have my Mustang for over 4 years now so a lot of experience in sedition.

OP
OP
xcm77

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
Also having a Mustang in Europe mean that you need to finish second degree in International shipping :) I have my Mustang for over 4 years now so a lot of experience in sedition.
I'm on my 4th year too and believe it or not it's a heck of a lot cheaper to drive to RO and get it serviced there at a ford dealership then it is to do it here in DE (650€ for an oil change with parts costing 80€ off of ebay wtf?). But I want to learn to work on it myself so need to figure out ways to buy parts.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on my 4th year too and believe it or not it's a heck of a lot cheaper to drive to RO and get it serviced there at a ford dealership then it is to do it here in DE (650€ for an oil change with parts costing 80€ off of ebay wtf?). But I want to learn to work on it myself so need to figure out ways to buy parts.
It's interesting because when I get parts from dealers in Bulgaria I wait for 2 weeks for the parts to arrive from Germany. But yeah labor in Germany is insane. However I think working on your own car is illegal in Germany. P.S. Want to visit the Ring soon maybe beginning of next year (was planning for upcoming week but something unexpected come up).

OP
OP
xcm77

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
It's interesting because when I get parts from dealers in Bulgaria I wait for 2 weeks for the parts to arrive from Germany. But yeah labor in Germany is insane. However I think working on your own car is illegal in Germany. P.S. Want to visit the Ring soon maybe beginning of next year (was planning for upcoming week but something unexpected come up).
as with everything it's heavily regulated. Basically you can work on it in your driveway (tho no one has one of those around here) as long as you don't work with liquids (ie. oil). Brake pads, rotors, etc are fine. If you want to do an oil change you can always go to one of those self help garages (A LOT easier said then done believe me).

Sponsored

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
the nr3z-2001-a is a brembo pad with an fg friction code.
brf 1553 is a ferodo with an ff code
the brembo is higher friction
the ferodo is, per common wisdom, the ds2500 compound
they should both fit the 6 piston caliper

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
the nr3z-2001-a is a brembo pad with an fg friction code.
brf 1553 is a ferodo with an ff code
the brembo is higher friction
the ferodo is, per common wisdom, the ds2500 compound
they should both fit the 6 piston caliper
All Brembo pads are made with Ferodo compounds. Yes DS2500 is typically the compound, the compound difference could just be if it is made in Italy or Mexico or it may contain a different level of VOC's/Metals. Most of the America's market is served by the Mexico factories.

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
attached are the instructions that came with the nr3z-2001-a pad set
note the bottom right corner
i think this set is for automatic pp cars
brf 1553 probably for manual
maybe a difference in brake boost between the cars?

38A60F24-5AD6-4F4A-A92C-E1630F1996D1.jpeg

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
How do yo think the OEM pads (MOTORCRAFT BRF1553) compare to the DBA Xtreme Performance Pads and the HAWS HighPerformance Street 5.0?
Which pads did you decide on? I ordered the DBA Xtreme Performance pads as they are targetted towards daily driving and "weekend trackdays". Hoping they will survive a few days @ Spa.

OP
OP
xcm77

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
Hoping they will survive a few days @ Spa.
They won't 😅
Mine were done after 1 track day. and I really mean done:

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 21.05.10.png

but for ~20€ a set (without shipping), it's well worth the price.

PS: I went with the Bendix since they're very cheap and perform very well, but with a s**t ton of dust. Spa will shred your tires and brake pads ... you've been warned :D

Sponsored

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
They won't 😅
Mine were done after 1 track day. and I really mean done:

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 21.05.10.png

but for ~20€ a set (without shipping), it's well worth the price.

PS: I went with the Bendix since they're very cheap and perform very well, but with a s**t ton of dust. Spa will shred your tires and brake pads ... you've been warned :D
That doesn't seem to be the same pads I ordered (or I've been seriously scammed :giggle:), mine were €370 for front + rear.

I got these up front
https://www.dbabrakes.eu/discbrakes?number=77239&name=DB9021XP

OP
OP
xcm77

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
That doesn't seem to be the same pads I ordered (or I've been seriously scammed :giggle:), mine were €370 for front + rear.
Those are my €20 front pads after Pack A :D

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
yes

rockauto
I really don't think those are the same, DBA brakes are made in Australia specifically for AUS and EU markets. Rockauto doesn't sell that brand as it's not intended for the US market.
Sponsored