Sponsored

[SOLVED] help needed with Bullitt 6 piston Brembo front pads part number

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
BRF1553 is the correct pad and I would chose that over any other pad for a street based car. My opinion changes when you venture to the track but neither DBA or Hawk would be my suggestion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
xcm77

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
BRF1553 is the correct pad and I would chose that over any other pad for a street based car. My opinion changes when you venture to the track but neither DBA or Hawk would be my suggestion.
That's exactly what I'm looking to do. Go OEM for the streets/spirited driving/winding mountain roads/light racing and get another set for track days (unless there are cheaper pads out there with the exact same or better performance then OEM). I'm actually very pleased with the OEM pad performance and believe it or not, I did go to the Nurburgring many times with them (ie. very light racing though). However, I just came back from Spa-Francorchamps where I basically lost 90% of the pad material after 280km. The pads were brand new but not OEM since my mechanic installed something comparable/compatible and didn't exactly tell me that. When I asked him what brand and model he put on, he was unable to tell me -- very trust inspiring I know. I was also a bit naive thinking he'll install OEM pads based off of the car VIN code. Ow well, every single time I went to a mechanic I had some nasty surprise so going forward, I'll be the only one touching my car.

Regarding the race pads, like I said, I'm looking to get another set just for the track. From what I've read on here they should be compatible with the OEM pads material so that I can just swap them out before the track day and then swap them out again for the OEM ones. I guess Ferodo DS1.11 or UNO should be fine or?

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
How do yo think the OEM pads (MOTORCRAFT BRF1553) compare to the DBA Xtreme Performance Pads and the HAWS HighPerformance Street 5.0?
The question was What is the OEM brake pad, that is the pad we provided.

If you want a better pad that doesn't cake brake dust on your wheels like the OEM pad but still provides great street performance go with the G-LOC GS1 compound. It's good to 800F which is more than typical street driving would ever experience.

https://www.opmustang.com/store/p61/store/c5/BRAKES.html.html#/

I can not comment of DBA pads because they do not publish actual temperature data for their pads. Most street pads are not designed to see more than 500-600 degrees.

Hawk pads like to machine rotors and damage finishes. They are made in Asia, G-LOC's are made in North Carolina by people I know personally and have watched the entire process in their facility.
You get what you pay for.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,

New joiner here in need of help.

I've been banging my head against the wall for the better part of a week trying to figure out the right part number for a set of front Brembo 6 piston break pads for my 2020 Bullitt. I've checked rockauto.com, levittownfordparts.com, tascaparts.com, parts.ford.com (where my VIN doesn't work 🤷), alongside many european websites in the hopes of finding the parts cheaper then whats being sold here at 500€ a set.

To say that I'm confused regarding the right part number would be an understatement. Never in my life have a I seen so many part numbers for the same item :wtf: and none of the items look like the OEM one (they have 1 instead of 2 grooves like the latter).

Does anyone know the Motorcraft part number?

I can buy alternatives from Delphi (LP3377), Remsa (1749.02), TEC, ABE (C1Y054ABE), TOMEX (TX 60-08) but I have no experience with any of them whatsoever. Also, I was unable to find threads on here about anyone having used them. I'm not against any of them, it's just that I'd like to stick to OE(M -- for street+light track use).

Thank you.
I'd suggest trying Power Stop Z26 pads I've been running them for two years and they're just as good or better than stock and virtually no dust. I believe the Brembo's on the Bullit are the same Brembo's as PP cars. Power Stop website will have the part number.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
@xcm77 I just did my front OEM pads. 2021 mach1 HP 6sp manual. The FR3Z-2001-N are ( 1 ) groove/channel For 6 piston caliber ? What came on my car are the ( 2 ) groove/channel pads. Part # MR3Z-2001-C is that pad. Listed as “optional” way down on the drop down Parts list. They come in a box marked as such BUT included these instruction. Zoom in to get all the numbers. Again, order
MR3Z-2001-C for the two groove.

IMG_3129.jpeg

IMG_3073.jpeg

Sponsored

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
That's exactly what I'm looking to do. Go OEM for the streets/spirited driving/winding mountain roads/light racing and get another set for track days (unless there are cheaper pads out there with the exact same or better performance then OEM). I'm actually very pleased with the OEM pad performance and believe it or not, I did go to the Nurburgring many times with them (ie. very light racing though). However, I just came back from Spa-Francorchamps where I basically lost 90% of the pad material after 280km. The pads were brand new but not OEM since my mechanic installed something comparable/compatible and didn't exactly tell me that. When I asked him what brand and model he put on, he was unable to tell me -- very trust inspiring I know. I was also a bit naive thinking he'll install OEM pads based off of the car VIN code. Ow well, every single time I went to a mechanic I had some nasty surprise so going forward, I'll be the only one touching my car.

Regarding the race pads, like I said, I'm looking to get another set just for the track. From what I've read on here they should be compatible with the OEM pads material so that I can just swap them out before the track day and then swap them out again for the OEM ones. I guess Ferodo DS1.11 or UNO should be fine or?
I’ve used Cobalt, Raybestos, and Hawk track pads interchangeably with the OE pads and never had an issue. The track pads are so abrasive they will clean the OE pad material off the rotors in a few miles.

Cobalt XR1 and Raybestos ST45 pads up front have worked great for me at the track.

OP
OP
xcm77

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
@xcm77 I just did my front OEM pads. 2021 mach1 HP 6sp manual. The FR3Z-2001-N are ( 1 ) groove/channel For 6 piston caliber ? What came on my car are the ( 2 ) groove/channel pads. Part # MR3Z-2001-C is that pad. Listed as “optional” way down on the drop down Parts list. They come in a box marked as such BUT included these instruction. Zoom in to get all the numbers. Again, order
MR3Z-2001-C for the two groove.
YES!!! This is what I was on about. The stock OEM pads have indeed 2 grooves.
Huge thx for that.

I found MR3Z-2001-C on tascaparts but it says it doesn't fit my 2020 Bullitt. To my knowledge, we have the exact same brake system. Funny enough, according to the website, the NR3Z-2001-A which has no grooves does fit :rolleyes:

/rant

OP
OP
xcm77

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
I’ve used Cobalt, Raybestos, and Hawk track pads interchangeably with the OE pads and never had an issue. The track pads are so abrasive they will clean the OE pad material off the rotors in a few miles.
What about the other way around, won't the leftover track pad material damage the OE(M) pad?

Cobalt XR1 and Raybestos ST45 pads up front have worked great for me at the track.
Thx, I'll do my DD about them.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
What about the other way around, won't the leftover track pad material damage the OE(M) pad?

Thx, I'll do my DD about them.
I just street drive on the track pads a few days and they clean the rotors up. They won’t transfer material at cold temperature on the street.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
YES!!! This is what I was on about. The stock OEM pads have indeed 2 grooves.
Huge thx for that.

I found MR3Z-2001-C on tascaparts but it says it doesn't fit my 2020 Bullitt. To my knowledge, we have the exact same brake system. Funny enough, according to the website, the NR3Z-2001-A which has no grooves does fit :rolleyes:

/rant
These have a single groove. The grooving helps some with allowing gasses to escape but more to lessen surface cracking of the pad material from heat over such a large area.

The same way they cut the surface of a concrete floor to prevent cracking.

Screenshot_20230826_155440_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
These have a single groove. The grooving helps some with allowing gasses to escape but more to lessen surface cracking of the pad material from heat over such a large area.

The same way they cut the surface of a concrete floor to prevent cracking.

Screenshot_20230826_155440_Chrome.jpg
Is there any plan for you guys to start shipping to Europe :?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
So how does that work? You send the money to another company that buys it for you and ships it over?
We just ship it to a third party freight company inside the US that is licensed to import products into the country.
Sponsored