New Shelby GT350 Mustang Revealed! 5.2L Flat Plane Crank V8, 500+HP / 400 LB-FT

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
as i said long ago i will not buy a car that has the shelby name on it...
if it was just the GT350, yes....but not a shelby.
not paying the $$$'s in overcharges just for a name....
sorry guys.
the car looks good though....but not in my garage.
Sponsored

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Red Fire GT Shaker 1000
sorry guys.
So I guess all the performance aspects of the car don't cost anything? It's just the name?

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
When guys will work after hours/for free, they know how special this car is in FORD's history... already !!

Gman11Gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This GT350 has a exclusive unique Flat Plane crank engine and somebody complains that because it has a Shelby name on it they don't want to pay the admission?

Give me a break.

This is a limited production unique car that will hold its value in the long run. I would venture it could inspire Ford to really make a true GT car.

Anyways, I love this car in silver with the black stripes. I just can't wait to drive one.

Ninz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I like it alot so far. You are gonna have fanboys on every site but that is to be expected. I own a Camaro and a Challenger and if this car isn't too expensive I'll own a GT350. I like all of the big 3 and don't care what name is on the side. I can't wait to see the final numbers on this thing!

Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
The strut tower brace has SVT on it. Interesting.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
sorry guys.
For the record, how much do you think having SHELBY on the car inflates the MSRP? Do you have any real clue? I would guess you don't and have simply decided that the name on the car MUST be the reason for the higher asking price. Your attempt to sound like you're making a decision based on principals falls shirt, IMO.

Skullbussa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT-R
Shelby tarnished the heck out of his own name for the past 20 years, cashing it on by overcharging people for cars of dubious performance. But honestly, I don't care about any of that.

This is a Ford, not a Shelby. The only thing that bothers me about this car are the silly stripes. It just looks really dated and old-fashioned and does not befit the new direction Ford is taking with the Mustang.

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
I commend Ford for having the balls to commit to something different and go out on a limb. As much as the media raved about the ZL1 and Z28 advancing the ponycar beyond its plebian roots, the GT350 raises the bar even further. If it performs less over all than the Z28 or worse the ZL1 I'd feel let down. Both of those machines are fine track instruments but I have high hopes for this lovely GT350. It would appear that they got it right this time but only performance numbers will truly tell.

High Praise:

- 5.2 FPC engine

- Magnaride shocks (thank Christ!)

- Truly significant traits to differentiate it from your average Stang

Needs Improvements (I understand its Pre prod but I'll gripe anyway):

- Weight Savings be damned, I hope Ford puts a decent engine cover under the hood. Popping the hood is a point of pride for any gearhead. I dont care if it makes 1000 HP or 500, make it perform AND look like a jewel

I couldn't agree more with this! If there is one thing I really like about the Dodge products, namely the Hemi versions, is that they seem to be much cleaner under the hood. You don't see nearly as much of the wiring, etc. as you do other manufacturers, especially Ford's Mustang.

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby tarnished the heck out of his own name for the past 20 years, cashing it on by overcharging people for cars of dubious performance. But honestly, I don't care about any of that.

This is a Ford, not a Shelby. The only thing that bothers me about this car are the silly stripes. It just looks really dated and old-fashioned and does not befit the new direction Ford is taking with the Mustang.
GT500, GT500 Super Snake, Shelby 1000....yeah, real dubious performance.

The Shelby name deserves more recognition. Do you even realize what he did for FoMoCo? The man is an American Icon.

Sponsored

Skullbussa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT-R
Those cars are all nothing but Mustang GTs with big engines shoved into them. The Boss 302 was better than anything Shelby touched recently.

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those cars are all nothing but Mustang GTs with big engines shoved into them. The Boss 302 was better than anything Shelby touched recently.
They also had upgraded suspensions and updated brakes. Shelby wanted ass kickers..... That's what he delivered.

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
The GT350, as advertised, should make the Boss 302 look markedly outclassed, both on the road and on the track. Ford has clearly hit a home run with the GT350. They will sell every unit they build. Carroll Shelby would be extremely proud to have his name on this car.

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT350, as advertised, should make the Boss 302 look markedly outclassed, both on the road and on the track. Ford has clearly hit a home run with the GT350. They will sell every unit they build. Carroll Shelby would be extremely proud to have his name on this car.
Totally agree

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
sorry guys.
Well remember those words in 40 years. Even then the Shelby's from Ford are not overprice at all, you get what you pay for. The high mark ups by dealers is another dilemma all together.
Sponsored