Sponsored

New Shelby GT350 Mustang Revealed! 5.2L Flat Plane Crank V8, 500+HP / 400 LB-FT

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
:doh: Really? In the GT350 thread Really :paddle:
Yeah I'm a stickler about this too, and from the Q&A I think we can hope for the best here. I'm seriously impressed with what I have heard so far, I fully expect it to hang fairly good with the z/28 and have a lot more features and creature comforts. If we have this and a GT500 out at the same time in a couple of years...drool
Sponsored

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
I'm excited to see how close this thing gets to beating the Z/28. I won't be disappointed at all if it loses - I just hope (and am confident it will) be very close, like under 2.0 seconds around a track from what a Z/28 will put down. However, I do think the GT350R, which I assume is the race car they are working on, will give the Z/28R quite the hard time in CTSCC!

Awesome vehicle and I'll give Ford more props if this car comes in at the previous GT500 price range as then it will give people a chance to actually see them on the street, the track, and even own and enjoy the thing themselves. Rather than have this car to cherish, but never actually enjoy like the Z/28.
i think the GT350 will kill the z28.its all over for the bow-tie boys.check out this 2015 mustang gt doing 160 mph.:

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
check out this 2015 mustang gt doing 160 mph.:
Well now we know why there are so many totaled '15's.

1. Law Enforcement already knows who posted this.
2. They have video evidence of a serious crime being committed.
3. A shit ton of people were put in danger without their knowledge or permission.
4. In a Construction Zone? Really?

Thank you for proving that the GT pulls hard up to 150MPH. I have last months C&D that told me that.

Inconsiderate people like this are the reason this current muscle car era isn't going to be allowed to last.

5oh chippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black GT PP
Anyone want to buy a black gt pp? Lol

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Wish there was a shot of this engine being in the GT down the road.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Wish there was a shot of this engine being in the GT down the road.

Actually, I think it's likely. Maybe three to five years.

It's the next stage for Ford.

First they went all OHC.

perhaps next is the FPC revolution (pardon the pun...)

GM thought it was cool catching back up with lt1 after the coyote gave them a bit of a shock. Now this. Awesome times.

Magnetic Ct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered:2015 gt PP
They can keep it.. I prefer the sound of my cross plane to a flat plane any day.. Just nice to know I will have a place to look for upgrades..

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
They can keep it.. I prefer the sound of my cross plane to a flat plane any day.. Just nice to know I will have a place to look for upgrades..
I hear you.

Although I think the flat plane sound is pretty cool. It's a much different sound.

Yet the trade off will be better performance.

Did you. Happen to see the video of the gt350 being driven into the trailer? In that particular segment, it sounded nearly identical to the coyote.

Sponsored

Flat Plane Drifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB- a 50th anniversary Shelby GT500 vert-;)
I hear you.

Although I think the flat plane sound is pretty cool. It's a much different sound.

Did you. Happen to see the video of the gt350 being driven into the trailer? In that particular segment, it sounded nearly identical to the coyote.
[ame]

Mazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dumb honda
I hear you.

I come from the high revving import world and I love any high revving engine. This has a really unique sound which I know the old skewl v8 people hate but I think it just sounds so awesome. Do you have a link to that video? It seems like from the 2 videos that I have seen so far that it only has a sound that's way different after a certain rpm which then the flat plane crank sound is more apparent.
Edit nvm just saw it posted above me xD

Mazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dumb honda
Actually I change my mind even at really low rpms from that video of it being loaded onto the trailer the flat plane crank sound is really apparent. That sound is just so freaking different. It kind of sounds like a coyote..but..it doesn't at the same time. I just can't explain what my heart feels right now

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Actually I change my mind even at really low rpms from that video of it being loaded onto the trailer the flat plane crank sound is really apparent. That sound is just so freaking different. It kind of sounds like a coyote..but..it doesn't at the same time. I just can't explain what my heart feels right now
Love my friend, just love.

HotRod

Stangbanger in exile
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
1995 Roush Stage 3 Mustang, 2006 GT Vert
Bravo Ford!

I commend Ford for having the balls to commit to something different and go out on a limb. As much as the media raved about the ZL1 and Z28 advancing the ponycar beyond its plebian roots, the GT350 raises the bar even further. If it performs less over all than the Z28 or worse the ZL1 I'd feel let down. Both of those machines are fine track instruments but I have high hopes for this lovely GT350. It would appear that they got it right this time but only performance numbers will truly tell.

High Praise:
- 5.2 FPC engine
- Magnaride shocks (thank Christ!)
- Truly significant traits to differentiate it from your average Stang

Needs Improvements (I understand its Pre prod but I'll gripe anyway):
- Weight Savings be damned, I hope Ford puts a decent engine cover under the hood. Popping the hood is a point of pride for any gearhead. I dont care if it makes 1000 HP or 500, make it perform AND look like a jewel.
- I'd like to see the grille badge match the rear and not in the same ABS plastic as the grille (very tacky on a finished high dollar car.)
- I'd like to see the seats get a two tone treatment matching the body color or the stripes. Something to make the interior special in such a special car.

The gripes as you can see are mostly cosmetic. As long as the car takes to the Brand X boys I'm good. Ford offers some weak ass performance options for this car. It was stated that carbon ceramic brakes were not offered due to cost. I get that. On the other hand for that buyer with money (if they're scooping up 100K plus Super Snakes they're out there) that should be available as part of a hard core track package in the spirit of the original. Carbon Ceramic brakes the coolers and dry sump. I could dream of a limited edition R model again like the original and in the numbers of the recent Cobra R models in terms of production numbers. Enough dreaming and bitching. Great time to be a gearhead and an even better time to be a Mustang and or Ford fan. Now its time to take this mutha on a Brand-X safari. Happy hunting.:headbang:
Sponsored