Sponsored

New Shelby GT350 Mustang Revealed! 5.2L Flat Plane Crank V8, 500+HP / 400 LB-FT

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
These two statements are encouraging and lead me to believe (among other things) this won't be anywhere near Z28 price territory. Crossing my fingers...
No, that is for other Shelby projects. R acing.
Sponsored

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
I'm excited to see how close this thing gets to beating the Z/28. I won't be disappointed at all if it loses - I just hope (and am confident it will) be very close, like under 2.0 seconds around a track from what a Z/28 will put down. However, I do think the GT350R, which I assume is the race car they are working on, will give the Z/28R quite the hard time in CTSCC!

Awesome vehicle and I'll give Ford more props if this car comes in at the previous GT500 price range as then it will give people a chance to actually see them on the street, the track, and even own and enjoy the thing themselves. Rather than have this car to cherish, but never actually enjoy like the Z/28.

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
Holy 87K views:eyebulge::eyebulge:

Mustang6G.com Q&A with Jamal Hameedi on the new Shelby GT350 Mustang

Q: Why no carbon ceramic brakes?
A: I think you’ll find out later that affordability was a big part of this car.

Q: So keeping price down was a big part of that?
A: Yes. That was a priority with this car.
I'm guessing he is actually talking about finding out soon that they built a version with and without cc brakes a la GT350R...

MISC:

Q: Will this be a platform for the GT500?
A: The car has got really good bones so…
What's interesting about this not just that he pretty much says yes it will be shared but that the GT500 is somewhere down the line....if that was ever in doubt. :shrug:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Holy 87K views:eyebulge::eyebulge:

I'm guessing he is actually talking about finding out soon that they built a version with and without cc brakes a la GT350R...

What's interesting about this not just that he pretty much says yes it will be shared but that the GT500 is somewhere down the line....if that was ever in doubt. :shrug:
Probably follows the usual track-oriented OE formula: the harder edged model strips out the bulk of the interior amenities, gains some fancy aero bits, stickier tires, more aggressive brakes, yadda yadda.

Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Is this officially a '16 MY or has this not been confirmed yet?

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT

I'm expecting to see a more hardcore track version just like they did with the Boss Laguna Seca. Maybe that's where we will see the CC brakes and CF wheels rumors come to fruition.

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
I could definitely see the CC brakes on the next streetable version of this car, but it is my gut feeling that the CF wheels will be stock on the pure race version and either an option on the "r" version (since we don't know what they will call it) or just available through the FoMoCo racing/parts department. Again, just my hunch with nothing to back it up.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
From the Leno video with the CF wheel company (the name is escaping me), the owner stated that they were working on producing wheels for an upcoming production car. Unless they didn't make the cut for some reason, I bet we will see them on some version of this car that's available to the public next year. I'm hoping that anyway. Haha!

Mazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dumb honda
"beat the shit out of a Z/28".. Are there any cars that can actually do that? Not beat, but "beat the shit out of".

What will you say if this isn't a Z/28 competitor or the Z/28 beats it on track times? I'd say the GT350 will definitely be faster in a straight line, but corners is really an unknown. Many people said the GT PP would walk the 1LE in a head to head and look what happened.

Guess we'll wait an see. Definitely like the looks of this a lot more than regular GT.
Pretty sure a formula 1 car can beat the shit out of it.

Mazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dumb honda
Actually they said yesterday this is a new thing, and specifically said it is NOT the Boss 302. I think that leaves the door open for a Boss 302 that has this suspension and body with the 5.0 and a more free-flowing exhaust (no suitcase) making about 460 HP. That would make a pretty good car, no?
why would they make another boss 302 though? wasn't the original boss made only for 2 years like the '12 & '13?

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Ford dropped the ball with the weight gain. Ford really needs to step up their game.
:doh: Really? In the GT350 thread Really :paddle: