Sponsored

My Review of Wengerd Performance Tuning

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Using the RTD is very easy and works with both iPhone and Android. Tuner will upload a base tune to your TDN account. Then you will sync them using the phone to the RTD which all happens automatically when you connect to your tuner's TDN account through the app. Then you can flash or datalog or read codes with the Phone/RTD. Its very easy and basically idiot proof.

For you if you have a 10r80 car, a tune even for a stock car helps a ton. Most tuners have the trans part of the tunes really dialed in and make the car much more enjoyable to drive. Just trans updates alone. On top of that you get a bit more power from getting a solid 93 tune. I'd do it. I did do it. Enjoyed it instantly with the better shift schedules and higher shift pressures. I say do it. Wengerd is the way to go as well. Skip the lund and PBD bandwagons. They have ran their courses and are too big for their own good.
Thank you for the reply. Sounds like just the RTD and a phone is needed.

I have the MT82 transmission.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado

Yes, it will be $300 for RTD, $300 for NA tune (use code M6G10 this month and get 10% off) then $98 for ' tuning credits' required by HP tuners the people that make the device to use their tune delivery network software.
yes my car is bone stock, engine and all that as of today anyway. I had a lot more low end, and low to mid range power and didn't feel the need to put it in sport plus every time i turned the car on.
that being said, the drive modes do indeed still work but it's less of a noticeable difference like they were stock. But the tune definitely gives you more than you had in track mode in every range. If you have the money and plan on doing anything down the road, don't hesitate and go for it. But understand, no matter who or what you tune your car for, changing anything from stock cuts reliability. I didn't have years with mine tuned just a month or two. But i had zero issues if that counts for anything.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT

Just make sure you get an RTD+ in order to use your phone and the TDN app. I’m pretty sure that’s all Wengerd sells now is the RTD+ so it shouldn’t be an issue. Older RTD units like I have don’t work with IPhones but I have heard they work with androids.

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, it will be $300 for RTD, $300 for NA tune (use code M6G10 this month and get 10% off) then $98 for ' tuning credits' required by HP tuners the people that make the device to use their tune delivery network software.
yes my car is bone stock, engine and all that as of today anyway. I had a lot more low end, and low to mid range power and didn't feel the need to put it in sport plus every time i turned the car on.
that being said, the drive modes do indeed still work but it's less of a noticeable difference like they were stock. But the tune definitely gives you more than you had in track mode in every range. If you have the money and plan on doing anything down the road, don't hesitate and go for it. But understand, no matter who or what you tune your car for, changing anything from stock cuts reliability. I didn't have years with mine tuned just a month or two. But i had zero issues if that counts for anything.
Thank you for this. Is your car a manual? Can't remember if you said it previously. I also put it in Sport+ every startup.

Just make sure you get an RTD+ in order to use your phone and the TDN app. I’m pretty sure that’s all Wengerd sells now is the RTD+ so it shouldn’t be an issue. Older RTD units like I have don’t work with IPhones but I have heard they work with androids.
Thank you.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for this. Is your car a manual? Can't remember if you said it previously. I also put it in Sport+ every startup.

Thank you.
Yes i have the MT82 in mine. I didn't experience any chattering on take off before the tune though. But i accidentally glazed my clutch pretty hard one day showing off like an idiot 😂

Sponsored

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
Thought I should add my positive experience recently with @Wengerd Performance. 93 tune on a boosted ess 2019 10r80 coyote. I hammered him with questions way before I ordered my kit.

Daryle must have the patience of an Army sniper - dealing with me, an old bloke who never even had a custom tune on a car. I bumbled my way through reading the stock tune and got it uploaded, then got the base tune loaded with the rtd after the install and Ken from HPR did the dyno pulls and worked with Wengerd who nailed my tune.

Drove it 8hrs home with nary a hiccup. Great low speed drivabiliy, etc but from 4000rpm up - it's like having a new mustang all over again - but on steriods.

Wang is the man. 👊

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Daryle is awesome sauce. @Wengerd Performance just sent you an email. Had a vacuum block & digital boost gauge installed. Manny said to let you know & see if an idle log is necessary as had small vacuum leak with mechanical boost gauge thats been fixed replacing it. Idle has been little weird.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Daryle is awesome sauce. @Wengerd Performance just sent you an email. Had a vacuum block & digital boost gauge installed. Manny said to let you know & see if an idle log is necessary as had small vacuum leak with mechanical boost gauge thats been fixed replacing it. Idle has been little weird.
Did you get a vacuum pill gage and test it on your system? You can add a few pounds of vacuum and see if the usage drops and if it does, you have a leak somewhere. Sorry if you already knew that 🤷‍♂️
IMG_1023.jpeg

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
My device should arrive today, 93/E85. It’s still stock only a drop in filter and x-pipe… totally looking forward to it. So far excellent customer service and replies to emails almost instantly!!!

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
My device should arrive today, 93/E85. It’s still stock only a drop in filter and x-pipe… totally looking forward to it. So far excellent customer service and replies to emails almost instantly!!!
Yup! I broke a plug on my intake had to re-wire. Asked about a slightly modified tune and he said i was good with the last one i got. So i can run it, test it make sure my splice job is good. Always good to have him to check with to make sure you're safe. Fantastic support from this guy!

Sponsored

PleaseNotMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT, '17 Aprilia Tuono, DRZ 400sm
Went with Wengerd and got my ESS kit earlier this week, I definitely recommend him too now! I can't even think of words to describe how the car feels now, but definitely worth the $.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Went with Wengerd and got my ESS kit earlier this week, I definitely recommend him too now! I can't even think of words to describe how the car feels now, but definitely worth the $.
Hes awesome. Just did some more datalogging due to small.idle issue. Did another revision & car is running great.

PleaseNotMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT, '17 Aprilia Tuono, DRZ 400sm
Hes awesome. Just did some more datalogging due to small.idle issue. Did another revision & car is running great.
I see you're in Jax, I've never seen any boosted coyotes around, where are they all hiding? I'm over by Oakleaf

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I see you're in Jax, I've never seen any boosted coyotes around, where are they all hiding? I'm over by Oakleaf
I used to live right there off Kindlewood by Publix & the new gas station with e85. My wife taught 7th grade science at Oakleaf Jr High. Shes now at Lake Asbury Jr High & teaches there. Had house built across from Lake Asbury. Come by here, Green Cove Springs, or Orange Park. Manny & Lloyd at 904Performance have done all my work. My car is a 'baby' to other boosted mustangs they work on. Few twin turbo 5.0's over here, vmp, roush, whipple. I'm only ESS car so far.

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Top notch guy, I received my RTD everything went smooth, loaded 93 tune, did the step rev and 6k part throttle log sent them off. Minutes later I received an email asking about fuel because it was pulling timing, so the 93 I got was some crappy gas, he instantly sent a 91 tune and loaded that with zero issues. So far the 30 miles I have driven have been a great improvement, especially with the trans. I have 100 miles left on this tank and will go somewhere else for some 93 and try that tune again.. this has been said before but excellent customer service, answered all questions quickly. This was something I have wanted to do for awhile now and finally pulled the trigger and believe I made the right decision.
Sponsored