My Review of Wengerd Performance Tuning

PleaseNotMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT, '17 Aprilia Tuono, DRZ 400sm
Obviously not OP, but i decided ill go with Wengerd when i go boost (hopefully) this summer. I talked to Lund, PBD, and Wengerd all via email and Wengerd just had the best "feel" to the conversation. I felt like we were able to chat like two dudes talking over a beer. He answered my excessive and probably dumb questions and didnt talk to me like i was stupid for asking them lol. Im sure the guy is busy as fuck and im not yet a paying customer but i never went more than a day before getting a response.

Additionally, reading through tons of posts here, Ive seen people comment how they got messed up tunes from lund and PBD and they went to Wengerd who got them running right again. Just read a post today where Rob @ PBD turned off a dudes knock sensors and he blew the motor but they never even told him they turned them off. Im sure lund is reputable but maybe with getting so much business they crank stuff out too fast and get sloppy from time to time. Wengerd has even said on this forum that he just enjoys tuning cars. I feel in the tuning community there are people that do it because its a job, and people that do it because they actually enjoy doing it. Im more willing to work with the latter because, and maybe im wrong, but i feel they put more time and effort into something they are actually passionate about and turn out a quality product.
Can't find anyone saying any bad about him across multiple platforms, just haven't gotten the tune yet b/c ESS kits are taking over a month to ship. Still gonna have to be a n/a car for a few more weeks 🙃.
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
No shit? Didn't know that. I got a little airport like a mile from the house. Where's he from? Lol.
Tennessee but I'm sure the cost of airplane fuel and such adds a whole new speciality fee ROFL but hey man for the right amount of money I'm sure you can make it happen!
I do believe the videos i watched were so he could bring his tuning equipment to their dyno day

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Tennessee but I'm sure the cost of airplane fuel and such adds a whole new speciality fee ROFL but hey man for the right amount of money I'm sure you can make it happen!
I do believe the videos i watched were so he could bring his tuning equipment to their dyno day
It's good to be the king lol

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Can't find anyone saying any bad about him across multiple platforms, just haven't gotten the tune yet b/c ESS kits are taking over a month to ship. Still gonna have to be a n/a car for a few more weeks 🙃.
Ya I really wanna order my kit. I have the money now, but I got a bunch of work travel coming up in the next two months with the opportunity for a lot of overtime. I know with my luck I'll buy it then the trips will fall through and I won't have the ot money lol. I just try to keep a safety net in savings for emergencies. You know, trying to be responsible and shit.

Sponsored

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
Reading threads like this, has made up my mind- I am done with PBD, and have just purchased an E85+93 from Wendgerd Performance. Considering I will add an ESS supercharger in the foreseeable future- even they recommend Wengerd. Talk to you soon @Wengerd Performance

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Reading threads like this, has made up my mind- I am done with PBD, and have just purchased an E85+93 from Wendgerd Performance. Considering I will add an ESS supercharger in the foreseeable future- even they recommend Wengerd. Talk to you soon @Wengerd Performance
We can get your tune made today as long as you get linked to us on TDN. We sent instructions to your email

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Welcome to the club man! Good choice

Sponsored

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
Welcome to the club man! Good choice
Thank you! Looking forward to the service which in the last 30 min has been phenomenal!
there’s a sandwich place here in Florida called Jimmy John’s their slogan is delivery is freaky fast!! so is Wengerd! Doing my WOT here soon!!
I like this club

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Kind of a
I just wanted to post my thoughts on my experience so far with Wengerd Tuning.
Ordered my RTD+ device it showed up in a day or two, watched his video as to how to set it up, had zero issues. Ran a baseline datalog before the tune just so he has it for future reference for any reason we may need to diagnose something to compare it to stock conditions.

Asked for a 93 pump gas tune for now before my supercharger, there's an upgrade discount to go to forced induction so it only cost me $100 extra to have peace of mind and know i can datalog with the device and have baseline info. WOW is all i can say, i've got more power delivery across all ranges and the car is MUCH easier/better to drive on a daily basis. But wait! there's more! i am now seeing an average 1.6mpg higher than i was. (only modification to engine related stuff is cat back exhaust/res delete) i still have a factory paper filter in the air box LOL and yes i'm still driving the car hard, and actually harder than i have before (on the street) to hit 7500rpm shifts. excellent tune! :muscle: The exhaust even sounds better and low rpm trudging around town is way better than before.

I have also had a bunch of dumb questions like 'can the BAP and 1050x injectors keep up with the GT350/87mmTB and ESS G2?' He has responded to every single question within a day and sometimes within 5 whole minutes. This guy is phenomenal and i highly recommend him for your custom tuning needs. I honestly wish i went with this street tune 8 years ago when i bought the car if that were possible because i would have had a lot more fun on the street every single day for 8 years, glad i got it now.
I had debated getting a tune over the years. I had a tune on my old Focus and it was nothing but headaches having to try to datalog on a laptop with the device hooked up while trying to drive, and then the troubleshooting requiring the same efforts. This looks to just require the RTD, no laptop needed, and looks like you need to purchase the RTD and a tune, so $600 for NA, right?

My Mustang only has a catback exhaust running on 93, also stock air filter. I had previously been told by a few that a tune would be useless for me, but you said the 93 tune on your car (which I think looks to be pretty much stock engine wise based on your signature) completely changed the feel of it. Can you elaborate a little more? Also, does the tune overwrite the drive modes?

I am generally not interested in getting into the weeds of troubleshooting a tune, just would be looking for a plug and play device to wake the car up, maybe smooth out the power band and that noticeable kick at 3-3.5krpm. Maybe a little more low end to not get the death rattle every time I am letting off the clutch and getting going from a stop.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Using the RTD is very easy and works with both iPhone and Android. Tuner will upload a base tune to your TDN account. Then you will sync them using the phone to the RTD which all happens automatically when you connect to your tuner's TDN account through the app. Then you can flash or datalog or read codes with the Phone/RTD. Its very easy and basically idiot proof.

For you if you have a 10r80 car, a tune even for a stock car helps a ton. Most tuners have the trans part of the tunes really dialed in and make the car much more enjoyable to drive. Just trans updates alone. On top of that you get a bit more power from getting a solid 93 tune. I'd do it. I did do it. Enjoyed it instantly with the better shift schedules and higher shift pressures. I say do it. Wengerd is the way to go as well. Skip the lund and PBD bandwagons. They have ran their courses and are too big for their own good.
Sponsored