sigintel

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I honestly don't like any of those, but I know some guys who are wagon fanatics and would probably think they were awesome. There is a Magnum fan club in town with some pretty nice Dodge Magnums so I know the wagon obsession has gas.
Thats cool info. What town? / state?
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Where in the hell did the term “shooting brake” come from when referring to a “station wagon” - makes absolutely no sense at all!
A shooting brake is a station-wagon like 4 seater coupe that doesn't have an elongated cargo area.

Shooting Brake
1.jpg

3-door Station Wagon
15525_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
this would be the Ford equivalent of the Aztek. Approved cause .01% said it looked good but the other 99.99% walked away from it laughing without saying how ugly it is.....approved cause no negative feedback...

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
this would be the Ford equivalent of the Aztek. Approved cause .01% said it looked good but the other 99.99% walked away from it laughing without saying how ugly it is.....approved cause no negative feedback...
Wrong. This would sell like fire in Europe, and there's been a huge surge in American interest in wagons lately.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
The two most recent deployments of the shooting brake style were released to relatively mixed reviews. However, collector prices on them are higher than expected.

38749328044_03584e8f95_z.jpg
ffvsz3-M by Erick, on Flickr

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
The two most recent deployments of the shooting brake style were released to relatively mixed reviews. However, collector prices on them are higher than expected.

Still a hell no for me.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

I kind of liked the little BMW. The prancing horse version, not so much.

The worst thing in the original post's Mustang version was that awful roof box. If that could be edited/p-chopped out it'd at least look a little better. But I think this 'shooting brake' style needs to be on a much smaller chassis than the S197/S550/S(whatever they're going to call the next one) to work as anything but a crossover with an unusually low roofline.

Norm

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
When done correctly, shooting brakes are sexy as hell. If it was available and I had the $$$ it would be a done deal already.
2016-Porsche-Panamera-Shooting-Brake-41.jpg

OP
OP
sigintel

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
When done correctly, shooting brakes are sexy as hell. If it was available and I had the $$$ it would be a done deal already.
attachment.jpg

Wicked sick epic killa shiz. Nice hommage to GT350 fenders.

So evidently... Ford designers keep there lips pretty tightly sealed.
And none of them have stayed awake till 4AM obsessing over design, or over a Mustang concept they stopped thinkn about until the Turismo hit and created gravity waves in the automotive design matrix.
And the Flex AWD 3.5 Ecoboost packaging constraints have not been looked at...
And nevermind that the Mustang doesnt have a knuckle and front hub that supports a splined drive...:ninja:

cairish77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura TSX V6
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Ford considered this execution, particularly with Mustang's push to take additional global market share. Also, new CEO Hackett is would certainly optimize any opportunity on the current S550 platform. Truth be told, I'd totally buy a Mustang shooting brake!! Wish I could afford the Ferrari, but would gladly take a Mustang version. I always wondered why the fastback didn't open like a third-door.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I always wondered why the fastback didn't open like a third-door.
Most likely there would have been too much sacrifice in chassis stiffness. Or too much weight gain to maintain it.

Norm

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Would buy a Mustang shooting brake yesterday

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
At one point, I knocked around the idea of a CTS-V wagon, 556HP LSA, a pulley/tune/exhaust away from another 100HP, all the V goodies like Brembos, Recaro seats - plus, available in a *manual* :headbang:
You mean one of these?

v09luud5jfl7n7r4b0jl.jpg

I am sure there is a very good reason why Cadillac stopped making/selling them. :paddle:

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
*edit*:
Name ideas?
It does not have to be called a “Mustang”.
Mustang Wagon
Chariot
Sleigh
Drifter
Ranch Wagon
Parklane
Estate
SportWagon
Sporter
Lux
Lancaster
Beta Wagon
Mod
Mod R (diff cooler + PP)
I would want such to be as far away from the Mustang, as possible. With that being my goal, I would see such being a Lincoln under a possible three-character name like XR7. Its selling point would be a usable rear seat.

I'll add that back a time ago, I owned a '83 Firebird S/E WS6. With its hatchback, I was able to bring home a sliding glass door in the back, and close the hatch.