Mustang wagon/shooting brake/hatch/tailgate

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
So there were some mustang wagon renderings that looked wicked and I would seriously buy one.

Frankly, the Ford Mustang design team is ready to go up against the Panamera wagon:
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/panamera-sport-turismo/usa.aspx#home

I would buy the S550 chassis wagon over the Panamera. Anyone else?

*edit*:
Name ideas?
It does not have to be called a “Mustang”.
Mustang Wagon
Chariot
Sleigh
Drifter
Ranch Wagon
Parklane
Estate
SportWagon
Sporter
Lux
Lancaster
Beta Wagon
Mod
Mod R (diff cooler + PP)
P-82 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_F-82_Twin_Mustang

Post em if you got any more wagon pics:
Note second image is also a Rain Prisk(notably done before Panamera Turismo Wagen debut)
76BD068F-5E4D-4DC7-A612-7D483371B84A.jpeg
77E4F27C-8613-4DF6-866B-07BA03B65224.jpeg
E15DF3DA-3124-4251-A127-A301B63377EE.jpeg
087E7AA6-0A94-4785-8233-3052D95268D4.jpeg
A43A8E4C-1DFC-4BE8-A14F-C42627177517.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Interesting concept!

CVCashmere

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I like that front end. Not sure about a two door wagon though.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I would.

Sponsored

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Yup! I would buy a two door wagon like that!!!!!

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I'm a huge wagon guy. Nearly all the benefits of an SUV but with the handling of a car. I'd definitely be down for it but given the demise of the Dodge Magnum, Cadillac CTS Vagon, and the mixed reception of the Ferrari FF these are just fringe vehicles. The US market as a whole always seems allergic to wagons as soccer mom cars even though most soccer moms I see are driving Tahoes or Grand Cherokees.

That said, when I was shopping for a CTS Vagon six speed I found the market firmed up around the 35K mark which told me there were around 300 other guys like me that liked the wagon in a six speed. Enough to make limited samples valuable but not enough to justify a complete production run.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I'm a huge wagon guy. Nearly all the benefits of an SUV but with the handling of a car. I'd definitely be down for it but given the demise of the Dodge Magnum, Cadillac CTS Vagon, and the mixed reception of the Ferrari FF these are just fringe vehicles. The US market as a whole always seems allergic to wagons as soccer mom cars even though most soccer moms I see are driving Tahoes or Grand Cherokees.

That said, when I was shopping for a CTS Vagon six speed I found the market firmed up around the 35K mark which told me there were around 300 other guys like me that liked the wagon in a six speed. Enough to make limited samples valuable but not enough to justify a complete production run.
Kinda like when Chevy claimed they were going to bring the Holden UTE to the US for a couple years... Then magically didn't. :frusty:

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Kinda like when Chevy claimed they were going to bring the Holden UTE to the US for a couple years... Then magically didn't. :frusty:
That was more so due to the 2008 GM Bankruptcy and scuttling of Pontiac and Saturn, not lack of interest. And worse, GM was only building the cars in Australia (Holden) due to the tax breaks, which is why GM and Ford both quit manufacturing cars in Australia when both companies really were making Government made cars.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I wonder how much weight the wagon body would add to the S550. It would probably have a better front-back balance.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I would love a wagon. Still kills me to this day that the US never got the Holden Commmodore Wagon.

Also the Pontiac G8 GT ST (yes that was the ute...) was coming to the US, but then the bankruptcy and killing off of Pontiac killed that plan. I always wondered if the wagon would have followed.

You can get a wagon/ute in the US, but it costs money for the conversion. There was a company in Colorado doing it.

Hell I would have gladly bought my current car as a Magnum, unfortunately FCA killed that one too.

Indylatenight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
That is absolutely hideous. The Mustang is NOT a station wagon and should NEVER be one. If you want a station wagon, buy a Volvo.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
That is absolutely hideous. The Mustang is NOT a station wagon and should NEVER be one. If you want a station wagon, buy a Volvo.
Can you show us on the rendering where the vehicle in question touched you? I know it's tough, take your time.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
As a person that wished for a Stick Magnum I would definitely get a Mustang Wagon if it was a nice design.

1965 Mustang Wagon

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
At one point, I knocked around the idea of a CTS-V wagon, 556HP LSA, a pulley/tune/exhaust away from another 100HP, all the V goodies like Brembos, Recaro seats - plus, available in a *manual* :headbang:
Sponsored